Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Battlefield 3

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Artimis

Artimis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia
Im playing the beta pretty fine on the XBOX, sure there are the odd graphical glitch for me but im not gettting any connection errors or anything.

Played it on PC, but the PC couldnt handle its amazing graph. :(

i need to get a new comp, i must be able to play 64 player matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bP8_Dmfbe0&feature=feedu

Edited by Artimis, 04 October 2011 - 09:42 PM.

Lukis

Lukis

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 31 posts
  • LocationLatvia
I'm feeling depressed since I havent moved my PC to city I'm studying now,so when get my PC here soon I'll make him pay up for time he has wasted.And one of things he will be suffering from will be BF3,AC:Revelations,Batman:Arkham City,Rage,NFS:Run

Artimis

Artimis

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSydney Australia

I'm feeling depressed since I havent moved my PC to city I'm studying now,so when get my PC here soon I'll make him pay up for time he has wasted.And one of things he will be suffering from will be BF3,AC:Revelations,Batman:Arkham City,Rage,NFS:Run

SOOOO MUCH TO PLAY... SO LITTLE TIME

cloud_above

cloud_above

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Lol, wtf?
The copy of the game will be around AUS $80+ over here, per usual. Compared to the european/US prices, that's such a ripoff :'[

It looks pretty badass and I'm definitely going to play the public beta when it's out in a few days (:

apparently by the end of the year, the prices of games are gonna drop
where do you buy it from? NEVER GO TO EBGAMES, goddam ripoff

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
lol @ that "jet" footage :DD

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
My sisters Bf is picking his copy up today, Guess I'll check it out

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo
I guess i'll get mine in few days.Ordered from UK i think =_=

LightYami

LightYami

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • LocationSuomi/Finland, Tampere
I tried the beta, but I wasn' satisfied that my computer could run it only 45fps+ if I didn't have fullscreen, 1400x1050 resolution and the most minimal hraphic settings ever, next summer I'm going to get ATI HD Radeon 6990 and buy Battlefield 3, hahaha ^^

''Do to others what you would wish to be done to you.''

My favourite song ^^

Colour

Colour

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 877 posts
  • LocationIn a Box of Crayons
Sadly my PC can't run anything. I really need to upgrade it :/ its a piece of crap.

Synchrostar

Synchrostar

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
Yay got it and my pc fails @ running it - lags everywhere =/
wasted money again until i get a new pc )=

Polboron

Polboron

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts
OMG! I'm so jealous of everyone being able to play bf3!!! I would get it now but my xbox is far away and it'll be a while before I even get to play it. Heck, I'm even considering getting the ps3 just to start playing bf3 (plus uncharted 3 looks pretty badass). Btw, how's the campaign for bf3?
Posted Image

"I know the night is not the same as the day: that all things are different, that the things of the night cannot be explained in the day, because they do not then exist, and the night can be a dreadful time for lonely people once their loneliness has started."
- Ernest Hemingway

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts
Am I the only one who has it on PS3?
And there's always Japs talking about girls in squad chat o_O

upQffwT.png

• Guests
Is it good? The Last Battlefield game I played is Battlefield 2 ==*
I didn't follow the next installments...
Since I'm more of a CoD player... Don't hate me for this >.,<

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts

Is it good? The Last Battlefield game I played is Battlefield 2 ==*
I didn't follow the next installments...
Since I'm more of a CoD player... Don't hate me for this >.,<

Hmm. CoD is a fast paced arcade shooter, Battlefield is a war simulator. :)
If you play for the multiplayer, switch to battlefield now!

upQffwT.png

• Guests

Hmm. CoD is a fast paced arcade shooter, Battlefield is a war simulator. :)
If you play for the multiplayer, switch to battlefield now!

I was a Battlefield 2 player and I'm quite a 'decent' one (NOT bad company 2)
But I'm already used to Call of Duty because I play it more often (I followed the series since Call of Duty 1)

but now... My love for both series have dropped so much since both of them gain public popularity (I guess after BF:BC1 and CoD4: MW1)
now my hope for shooters is on the other series...
(i.e. FarCry <3> , Bioshock <Infinite>, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. <2> , Borderlands <2> , etc.)

Edited by ashax, 29 December 2011 - 10:36 AM.

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts

I was a Battlefield 2 player and I'm quite a 'decent' one (not bad company 2)
But I'm already used to Call of Duty because i play it more often (I followed the series since Call of Duty 1)
because it is more 'Fun'

but now... My love for both series have dropped so much since both of them gain public popularity
now my hope for shooters is on other series
(i.e. FarCry <3> , Bioshock <Infinite>, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. <2> , Borderlands <2> , etc.)

Well the more popular the series is, the better the multiplayer right? And don't worry, most BF3 players are 18yo+ you won't see much trolling and wanking like in MW2 hahaha

upQffwT.png

• Guests

Well the more popular the series is, the better the multiplayer right? And don't worry, most BF3 players are 18yo+ you won't see much trolling and wanking like in MW2 hahaha

My thoughts is the opposite of yours, even though they are more popular now, it feels as if there's something missing from them...
but in my mind the best CoD multiplayer was Cod4:MW1 where all the weapons are balanced and the killstreaks are not OP and game ruining...
and the best Battlefield multiplayer was Battlefield 2 IMO (Imagine in BF3 you prone in a high building using a sniper scoping for enemy, moments later a guy in the next town kills you with an AK)

P.S. someone called me a noob once in an SnD match on MW2, then I wiped out the whole enemy team after around 25 seconds after the next round start...
Then he called me a 'hacker'...
Fortunately I was a regular in that server and I'm registered on the B3 (Big Brother Bot), and I'm one of the 'Best' players in that server...
Then the admin temp-banned the guy after everyone sides with me... I don't even need to do anything ;)

Edited by ashax, 29 December 2011 - 11:02 AM.

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts

My thoughts is the opposite of yours, even though they are more popular now, it feels as if there's something missing from them...
but in my mind the best CoD multiplayer was Cod4:MW1 where all the weapons are balanced and the killstreaks are not OP and game ruining...
and the best Battlefield multiplayer was Battlefield 2 IMO (Imagine in BF3 you prone in a high building using a sniper scoping for enemy, moments later a guy in the next town kills you with an AK)

P.S. someone called me a noob once in an SnD match on MW2, then I wiped out the whole enemy team after around 25 seconds after the next round start...
Then he called me a 'hacker'...
Fortunately I was a regular in that server and I'm registered on the B3 (Big Brother Bot), and I'm one of the 'Best' players in that server...
Then the admin temp-banned the guy after everyone sides with me... I don't even need to do anything ;)

Well the killstreaks would be balanced if they would just remove emergency airdrop and care package... Got up to 5th prestige with 14days in-game and I could say that it's all pretty balanced, I play on PSN though...
And they fixed that in BF3 (don't know about bad company 2).. The frostbite 2 game engine is awesome at long range firefights, I reckon no weapon will hit you 300meters away if it's not scoped. No weapon will hit you 700meters away if it's not bolt action. Not to mention that the sight elevation would make it impossible for any gun if it's not a recon rifle XDD I could only wish that I have a good enough desktop to play it in the PC

upQffwT.png

• Guests

Well the killstreaks would be balanced if they would just remove emergency airdrop and care package... Got up to 5th prestige with 14days in-game and I could say that it's all pretty balanced, I play on PSN though...
And they fixed that in BF3 (don't know about bad company 2).. The frostbite 2 game engine is awesome at long range firefights, I reckon no weapon will hit you 300meters away if it's not scoped. No weapon will hit you 700meters away if it's not bolt action. Not to mention that the sight elevation would make it impossible for any gun if it's not a recon rifle XDD I could only wish that I have a good enough desktop to play it in the PC

A ZeroPunctuation review on both MW3 and Battlefield 3:

softpick

softpick

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 371 posts

A ZeroPunctuation review on both MW3 and Battlefield 3:

His review on BF3 was exclusively about single player....
And I refuse to watch the review for MW3 cause I don't have the money to buy it =P

upQffwT.png