Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

thoughts about Trinity Seven.

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

Thunder Wolf

Thunder Wolf

Fried Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 656 posts
  • LocationDiscord
Pretty much what Pax said. Although, I'd like to add one point. Trinity 7 does follow some of these conventions (e.g. Lilith being a tsundere), but appears to be conscious of them. The author really seems to like playing with tropes. I believe the author has hit all the main points (tsundere, childhood friend, token loli, the stoic and the foreign one. Heck, we even have a spin on the overzealous public morals committee). However, he's added a little spin (and some depth) to these age old character types, making them seem more interesting by going against the norm.

2z50p6t.png

Pax Empyrean

Pax Empyrean

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
That's the thing, though; while these characters are present, they really don't seem very interested in the male lead. It's like a harem setting where everybody just decides, "Meh."

hoccus

hoccus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationAustralia, South Australia
Ahhhh ok, very good points. I guess it's harder for me to appreciate the male lead in this manga is cos I don't read harems, except this one. I guess if anything, I can be thankful that he is not such wuss and pansy around women, cos I'd really hate this if he was like that. Thank you for explaining the generic male lead in harems.

Pax Empyrean

Pax Empyrean

Potato

• Members
  • 123 posts
Well, the disinterest is definitely out the door. Fighting over the male lead from here on out, I guess.

ichigo10

ichigo10

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
i find it cool and surprisingly it's not the ecchiness that is keeping me attached it's actually the storyline and the mystry but to me find find it somewhat similar to to~love~ru

Edited by ichigo10, 21 February 2012 - 12:53 PM.

Mokata

Mokata

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Locationshin makoku
I simply don't see anything really special. I do like magic system but the implementation seems to be lacking. It doesn't aw me but I do enjoy reading it although the reason is that I love magic stories. I find the story lacking overall when I not being biased. There isn't much here but then again there a lot of stories with less.

ChaosSanc

ChaosSanc

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon
Well i like the story line but i don't like the harem build up i think this main character should only have one girl the main characters power is just a bit too vague in terms of skill level and doesn't really show but it might change later to fuel the story so yea i think its pretty good
For Light there must be Dark so what does Dark do to have Light?

Posted Image

gcp42487

gcp42487

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
this manga is a massive fail so far. the MC is basically unable to do anything and has already had his magic stolen by some girl whos magic is sloth based?!?! im sorry, but that does it for me and this manga. wont be reading anymore until its completed so i can read the last volume. soo depressed, was looking for another great magic school harem manga like MxO, guess this isnt it.
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Guest_KarchAmadeo_von_Kartoffel

• Guests
Ah, so shortsighted. Manga isn't about what it is now but what it will develop into. So many routes and possibilities in characters and story lines with other ideas throw in. MX0 was great...if you read all the way through. Reading chapter by chapter was painful at most points and some vowed to quit. Simply put it, keep watching and wait for the real show to continue. Also lets remember, most magic based mangas have crappy endings...but we still love them.

gcp42487

gcp42487

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Ah, so shortsighted. Manga isn't about what it is now but what it will develop into. So many routes and possibilities in characters and story lines with other ideas throw in. MX0 was great...if you read all the way through. Reading chapter by chapter was painful at most points and some vowed to quit. Simply put it, keep watching and wait for the real show to continue. Also lets remember, most magic based mangas have crappy endings...but we still love them.

I would not say shortsighted. I did read MxO all the way through without skipping pages or chapters. And yes, we do love magic based mangas, those with and without crappy endings. My point was that over the initial course of the manga so far, in the past 15 chapters, the MC has not really proven himself to be reliable, especially in chapter 3 when all he had to do was find the barrier seal UNDER the BED he sat on and when he THOUGHT he had searched everywhere, he gave up. I guess I am just saying that I do not like this MC's lack of depth and tension, he talks about having a serious reason to become a great mage (find and rescue his cute cousin), but he constantly appears to be lazy and disconnected.
Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Guests
Well it is a storyline that seems more like a visual novel so there really is not much to expect from the main character at the moment. Though the current awakening route is a bit troubling, considering the fact that all magic awakenings are questionable.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

I would not say shortsighted. I did read MxO all the way through without skipping pages or chapters. And yes, we do love magic based mangas, those with and without crappy endings. My point was that over the initial course of the manga so far, in the past 15 chapters, the MC has not really proven himself to be reliable, especially in chapter 3 when all he had to do was find the barrier seal UNDER the BED he sat on and when he THOUGHT he had searched everywhere, he gave up. I guess I am just saying that I do not like this MC's lack of depth and tension, he talks about having a serious reason to become a great mage (find and rescue his cute cousin), but he constantly appears to be lazy and disconnected.

yeah that's make it MORE funny when he thought he searched every where else. It's just feel it more funny and show us how Arata can handle the speech battle. Anyways this is one hell of an aawweessoommee manga.

Quadal

Quadal

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

You seem to share a lot of my sentiments about this manga. I stopped reading when he just stood there and let his powers get stolen by that girl when he just saw that she was able to steal that other girls powers through a kiss or physical contact or whatever. The main character clearly turned into the pathetic brainless moron type as the manga went on. Its such a shame because the first chapter made it seem so promising as not only was it unique but it was supposed to give the main character a purpose in the story but as the manga went on he doesn't seem to really care at all about his cousin and it turned into a generic harem battle manga.

God of TROLLing LOL

God of TROLLing LOL

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 481 posts

You seem to share a lot of my sentiments about this manga. I stopped reading when he just stood there and let his powers get stolen by that girl when he just saw that she was able to steal that other girls powers through a kiss or physical contact or whatever. The main character clearly turned into the pathetic brainless moron type as the manga went on. Its such a shame because the first chapter made it seem so promising as not only was it unique but it was supposed to give the main character a purpose in the story but as the manga went on he doesn't seem to really care at all about his cousin and it turned into a generic harem battle manga.

F***** u, since now his Grimoire just turned into a loli and morphed into a dragon, bited that girl's hand and get back his power.

Umbrae

Umbrae

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationI'll tell you when I find out

this manga is a massive fail so far. the MC is basically unable to do anything and has already had his magic stolen by some girl whos magic is sloth based?!?! im sorry, but that does it for me and this manga. wont be reading anymore until its completed so i can read the last volume. soo depressed, was looking for another great magic school harem manga like MxO, guess this isnt it.

You should have waited like two~three more chapters where the MC becomes a complete BAMF with his dragon ^.^

On Topic: Also, the MC drives the manga fro me. I like the story and the characters in their own right, but the protagonist is just so hilarious at times that it really makes the manga a much more enjoyable experience, and the fact that his powers are starting to get some action just make him look more awesome now. :3

Edited by Umbrae, 12 July 2012 - 11:06 AM.

~I am a shadow... the true self~

Karl

Karl

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationBosnia and Herzegowina
big tits...

Godslayer

Godslayer

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts
MC is pretty cool and pretty much what draws me in for the early chapter , some of the side characters are too, and the fanservice is quite nice, but the setting feels very half-assed, and thus I fear the series will stagnate soon.
I hope the author can find some way to spice it up soon

Fluffyknowsyou

Fluffyknowsyou

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 61 posts
Personally I'm interested in finding out about hijari's past and how she's connected with that doppleganger thing in chapter 20/21. Mira hit the point when she said that thing shouldn't be around unless there's a master nearby, namely hijari. The series also pulls me in with the whole mystery around his cousin(hijari) because she had the astral grimmoire and gave it to akatu.

Couple these things with a funny protagonist, funny supporting cast, and a bit of story; and you have the makings of a classic.

While I do love this series and will follow it closely. There's some disheartening things about the story and most of its sudden-ness. It's alright to have hijari as a secret bad-ass,but akatu is a bad-ass naturely because his grimmoire just so happens to be legendary. Thus it begs the question as to how good a lead he really is or if he's just using the book as a crutch...

Despite the non-sensical development of the battle aspect which is making akatu is a savior of sorts, the overall blend of boobs, gags, and story will continue to draw me in (Hopefully)^^

Edited by Fluffyknowsyou, 29 December 2012 - 10:22 AM.

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts
With the gap in releases, I find it VERY difficult to tell the difference between Mira, Hijiri and the dreaming girl until halfway through the chapter. Kinda disappointed with the lack of variety in character appearences, but I enjoy it other than that.

Nerdy Neko

Nerdy Neko

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationFinland

For me it looks like we are slowly getting to typical manga where MC eats mushroom and Tadaa! now hes 2 times more powerfully.. nah lets make it 3 times more powerfully!

Once there was cute and hairy neko.. and sadly hes still reading manga D: