Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[SPOILERS] Current Chapter Discussion

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I'm gonna start a thread that says "current chapter discussion" since there isn't actually one and I don't want to spam the few other threads that were actually created for some other purpose.......

So, we didn't really get a "clear" answer in ch 26 about Mawatari's "abnormality" and how she's "one of those people"........so, what? Sadomasochistic, is that it or not? I guess that's what I'm tending to think by all this dancing around with how she's "creepy" and "missing something" and all............I mean, this isn't something new, this whole part of her personality is really at the heart of her relationship with, well, certainly with Natsuo but everybody else too. Her friend from school mentioned just the same thing on at least a couple of occasions earlier.

Anybody else got an opinion? 

Edited by svines85, 08 May 2014 - 05:27 PM.

Tn7HA0h.png

deyone5

deyone5

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts
What if "those" people are just hot blooded fighters which you only see in old manga

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

What if "those" people are just hot blooded fighters which you only see in old manga

Yeah, I wonder about that too..........though when you put that together with exactly that kind of person (Mario Cordeiro) characterizing her as "creepy", yeah, that just doesn't seem to quite fit.

Why would a guy like that find someone who just loved to fight creepy? Now, someone who "just loved to fight" but was really, really sucking at it and (back then) was constantly taking a beating.........yeah, that makes me wonder exactly what he was thinking about her..........or still does think about her. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Evilnemesis

Evilnemesis

Potato

• Members
  • 124 posts

Yeah, I wonder about that too..........though when you put that together with exactly that kind of person (Mario Cordeiro) characterizing her as "creepy", yeah, that just doesn't seem to quite fit.

Why would a guy like that find someone who just loved to fight creepy? Now, someone who "just loved to fight" but was really, really sucking at it and (back then) was constantly taking a beating.........yeah, that makes me wonder exactly what he was thinking about her..........or still does think about her. 

Mario doesn't really like to fight. His record is 500-0.

Most probably that he just loves to wave his D around and MMA was the way for him to do it. I bet you 10 bucks right here that what he loved was not fighting but rather the pleasure he took in breaking the spirit of his opponents ( and their bones too ) .

He finds her creepy because, she doesn't care if she wins or lose. She just likes fun things because fun things are fun.

There's a very distinct difference between the two of them.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

He finds her creepy because, she doesn't care if she wins or lose. She just likes fun things because fun things are fun.

There's a very distinct difference between the two of them.

Ooooh.......you know, that is a different way to interpret it. You may well be on to something there, that "little miss sunshine" thing might be the "creepy" he was thinking of, someone who didn't just absolutely hate not excelling and become resentful of others being better than them. (now that you mention it, that seems to be the biggest point of contention Natsuo seems to really have with her....... just the act of her being upbeat seems to really piss her off)

Not a bad take on it at all.......plus it might somewhat explain the difference in views between the two Cordeiros (creepy) and Yuzuko's friend, who also seemed to have concern for her but seemed to see it somewhat differently (from ch 20...)

Spoiler

Good, I'll have to try to keep that in mind, it's really why I asked if anybody else was seeing this differently........I'd kinda gotten the whole "M" thing locked into my mind and was wondering if I wasn't overlooking other possibilities. 

Tn7HA0h.png

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Hah! Scariest lookin' maid cosplay ever   >_<

ClK7pXO.jpg?2

Edited by svines85, 26 May 2014 - 06:47 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

evil6961

evil6961

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationOregon

You know, from a guys point of view if the maid trio killed them it probably would be a good death. And on the subject of how she is creepy, or what is the reason people find her creepy, or "missing something" it could be a bit of both the ideas, but it could also be something like, she feels no pain. but I agree with that she enjoys just learning something new, and working hard to get better, that is probably why Natsuo dislikes her joyful personality so much, then again it could tie back into her issues with her brother.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Gahhh.........too short  :D

Way too much chapter taken up with Natsuo's crazy dream   >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

Jim3001

Jim3001

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Lol! everyone thinks she's creepy. I'm loving this.

Deathhappens

Deathhappens

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

And here it begins, the battle of the century decade the battle we've been waiting for, anyway! Natsuo has the advantage when it comes to striking, naturally, but Mawatari hasn't even tried to grapple her yet. And I think it's pretty obvious she's going to win, and by a landslide at that, otherwise Natsuo isn't going to have a motivation to do MMA anymore. Still, this should be highly entertaining,

"I am the white void. I am the cold steel. I am the just sword. With blade in hand shall I reap the sins of this world and cleanse it in the fires of destruction. I am Hakumen. Your end has come!"