Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Blast's Identity?

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Zevm

Zevm

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationKobe

Blast is the #1 hero of the Hero's association, but we have no idea who or even what Blast is with the hero never making an appearance.

It also doesn't seem like any of the other S-Class heros have seen Blast.  
I'm curious if anyone has any thoughts or theories on Blast's identity?

My pet theory is that Blast is actually a position made for Saitama by the the founder of the Hero association

(the wealthy grandfather of that cleft chin kid Saitama saved starting his career as a hero).

Not knowing who saved his grandkid, he reserved the #1 position under the name Blast for Saitama if he ever came forward as his grandson's savior. 
It also works to encourage the other higher ranked hero's to keep accomplishing heroic deed in order to compete with the mysterious Blast.

I imagine the mangaka One would reveal this through another character like Genos finding out that the position was reserved for the grandson's savior, though without actually knowing that Saitama was the one who did it.

I doubt Saitama would actually accept the position even if it did come out, which kinda makes the series all the better. 

Of course, Blast may actually turn out to actually be a character, but it's an interesting idea to consider and I'd like to hear if anyone else has other theories or information on Blast's identity.

"All right, let me say now that with your history of drug abuse, it WAS CONCEIVABLE that you could produce a child with no head..."-Transmetropolitan

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Neat theory, I like it  :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

I'm not so sure. The Heroes Association dude said they could call Blast but he would not come unless they give him free reign to do as he wants (read: collateral damage). This implies he's someone the association can contact but prefer not to because it's overkill.

ika4QNM.png

OP Origins

OP Origins

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationUSA

I think Blast could be the character Mob from Mob Psycho 100. The reason is that Mob must reach 100% on stress level to literally explode in psychic powers, which is probably where he gets his hero name. Apparently, Mob Psycho 100 is another of ONE's series and it also include cameos of S-class Rank 2 Tornado and Saitama, so I would guess that Mob's Universe and Saitama's are one in the same.

"Without coincidence, there is no story." - Old Chinese Proverb

Spoiler

cheatslaughter

cheatslaughter

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I think Blast could be the character Mob from Mob Psycho 100. The reason is that Mob must reach 100% on stress level to literally explode in psychic powers, which is probably where he gets his hero name. Apparently, Mob Psycho 100 is another of ONE's series and it also include cameos of S-class Rank 2 Tornado and Saitama, so I would guess that Mob's Universe and Saitama's are one in the same.

Maybe that's why they called themselves ONE, all of their mangas are actually one...

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud

Maybe that's why they called themselves ONE, all of their mangas are actually one...

That's a terrifying thought. Have you read Makai no Ossan?

ika4QNM.png

God of LoL

God of LoL

Sweet Potato

• Members
  • 10,556 posts
  • LocationIn the Bato.cave.

I believe that Blast is an actual person, although the theory that we have to do with an empty position reserved for Saitama is a rather neat one.

kfi6l.jpg

Ludo

Ludo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Locationportugal
Fiinally a decent thread worth discussing! lol despite having nothing else to add..

nightmare3007

nightmare3007

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

position reserved for Saitama is king

Houken

Houken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

saitamas evil twin brother

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

I believe blast is a warhead missile, it blasts whole countries away, so it's overkill. ~ 

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

A_Blind_Man

A_Blind_Man

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

In one's webcomic it has been revealed that blast is Saitama, or rather all of saitama's deeds.  There was one guy who has been present at the end of every enemy saitama has fought and gotten the credit for defeating the monsters.  He realizes he is being mistaken for Saitama, but is too scared to renege on all that he has claimed.

Edit: Whelp I'm a retard, got my hero's mixed up, been too long since I read the webcomic. The hero described above is King, not blast.

Edited by A_Blind_Man, 15 August 2014 - 02:21 AM.

I love sleeping

I love sleeping

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 504 posts

Spoiler

these lies roflmao

UsernameIsTaken

UsernameIsTaken

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by UsernameIsTaken, 08 August 2014 - 11:30 PM.

canrard

canrard

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Is Silver Fang's brother part of the hero association??

13.jpg

SightlessReality

SightlessReality

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

To my knowledge, no he isn't.

Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash

Potato

• Members
  • 137 posts
  • LocationA cloud
SPOILERS in regards to Blind Man's post
Spoiler

He is not, no.
If I remember right he has a very large dojo with a massive amount of students so that probably takes up all his time.

ika4QNM.png

FatCat

FatCat

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

A mad theory :

1. Blast is actually Saitama's legal loli mother who told Saitama to do his not-that-it-made-any-sense exercise, but ended with more power than Saitama because she doubled the exercise amount and period. She pick the name "Blast" because the word was cool in the 70's. 

2. Blast was in fact the mysterious being who gave Homeless Emperor his power.

3. Blast is not a person, it was pseudonym of an organization with enormous power in the story's universe that have agent in every civilized planet. The organization want to keep the balance of good and evil in the universe, even if they must do it in a radical way. They're a bit creepy because their agents always say, "We are ONE, undivided, whole."

-Meh  :batoto_032:

Edited by FatCat, 30 August 2014 - 03:04 PM.

Anvil

Anvil

Potato

• Members
  • 194 posts

It's the kid with the massive butt-chin with a towel cape and underwear over his head. 'Blast' sounds just like the kind of crappy superhero name a little kid would come up with and considering his grandfather's the bossman it's within his power to let him be the #1 hero.

tranimator

tranimator

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
Blast is Saitama's spot that was reserved for him. Butt chin kid is lovely sweet mask. Ages line up, has a need for heroes to be perfect in every way, and guards the way to S class to protect his image of an ideal hero.