Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Do not add more tags on your own for Nekogurui Minako-san Please

Nekogurui Minako-san

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

ConstantErasing

ConstantErasing

Potato

• Members
  • 170 posts

You know, after the most recent chapters especially I'm really convinced that the horror tag was legit. Humor or not this is one of the scariest thing I've ever seen.

KobatoChanDaiSuki

KobatoChanDaiSuki

Potato

• Contributor
  • 100 posts
  • LocationEurope

You know, after the most recent chapters especially I'm really convinced that the horror tag was legit. Humor or not this is one of the scariest thing I've ever seen.

No.

Spoiler

Loli is justice

lunamoth

lunamoth

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

I love this series! 

Dear scanlator, please move it to another site.  Botato is moralistic to the core.  Anything, like this manga for example, that's outside standard American experience will eventually get harassed, or, like Nana to Kaoru, booted from the site.

KobatoChanDaiSuki

KobatoChanDaiSuki

Potato

• Contributor
  • 100 posts
  • LocationEurope

I love this series! 
Dear scanlator, please move it to another site.  Botato is moralistic to the core.  Anything, like this manga for example, that's outside standard American experience will eventually get harassed, or, like Nana to Kaoru, booted from the site.

You can read it on Dynasty-scans.com as well :)
if this get prohibited on batoto, it'll still be released there.

Spoiler

Loli is justice

Loco15

Loco15

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDeath Star

Mangaupdates says it's Horror so now it's ok

I'll always be here. No matter how many times people don't get me, my sense of humor, or my personality, I will always come back no matter how much they don't like me. I'm like a social cockroach.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Mangaupdates says it's Horror so now it's ok

Frankly that would just make me think someone had gone and added it there pretty much the same way they were fucking with the tags (and apparently are beginning to do again) here a while ago. You know MU is the exact same way as here, anybody with an account can add whatever they want.

I think it's an asinine thing to do to tag this horror, I have no idea why anyone would even want to do that.

"A painful emotion of fear, dread and abhorrence; a shuddering with terror and detestation; the feeling inspired by something frightful and shocking."

That's what the tag says it's supposed to represent on this site. Seriously? You seriously think Nekogurui seriously........no jokes, those tags aren't meant to be applied tongue and cheek.......you seriously think "horror" applies to this ridiculous, offbeat comedy?  O_o 

Tn7HA0h.png

Loco15

Loco15

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDeath Star

I think Nekogurui Minako-san fits at least half of what you've just said, if this manga is half comedy the other half is horror. Also, before anyone thinks that way, I haven't touched the tags in batoto or in mangaupdates.

The formula for this manga is:

50% ahegao

40% crazyness

10% comedy

= the weirdest horror manga ever

Well, leaving my and the rest of batoto readers thoughts aside,  for the sake of this manga , even though I don't like it, they should lock the tags. As long as the tags are not locked people will continue to change them, regardless of what anyone says

Edited by Loco15, 20 July 2014 - 02:02 AM.

I'll always be here. No matter how many times people don't get me, my sense of humor, or my personality, I will always come back no matter how much they don't like me. I'm like a social cockroach.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

I really want you to tell me..........whether you added the tags or not, you did choose to come here and crow about it having a horror tag, so let's hear you actually justify it...........what exact parts of this manga  instilled a "painful emotion of fear" in you? Where exactly did you see anything that created feelings of "dread and abhorrence"?  

I'm not saying horror titles can't have humor, nor am I saying comedies can't have horror in them.........but this just isn't one of them. There isn't a thing in it I've seen that even remotely resembles "horror". Comedic or otherwise. So tell me, what possibly justifies the serious application of a horror tag on this? 

Edited by svines85, 20 July 2014 - 07:43 AM.

Tn7HA0h.png

Loco15

Loco15

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDeath Star

You want to know why I'm here? Because it's fun, it's interesting, and it's awesome to kill time thinking of a counter-argument to a well structured argument whether it's for something stupid or not; exactly like this.

I think I can say with confidence that there is nothing that scares me more in this manga that when Minako-san goes in "ahegao mode", specially sometimes when it's really weird and creppy. When someone in this manga goes in "ahegao mode" you can't possibly guess what's going to happen or how you're going to react to it. I think once someone said something like " Humans are scared of the "unknow" "  and "Humans are not afraid of what they see, they're afraid of what they don't see" I believe both of them are true and are deeply rooted in our nature. "Whats happening in her head?, why does she do this?, whats she gonna do now?" all the while she wears that "ahegao face", how that face is used in this manga is the epitome of the "unknow" and "unseen" as normally "ahegao" is something not even remotely used for half of what she does here, and, in the first place, for anyone that doesn't know what it is, she is "wearing a face I haven't seen before"; the best example would be when people are scared of clowns, you don't know what is behind that face, you don't know what he's thinking, you don't know what he's gonna do, and the worst thing is he's smiling all the time creating an even greater feeling of don't knowing anything other that "this is not normal" and creating a feeling of uncertainly as to what to do or how to react, forcing the mind into a corner. If I found someone like Minako-san in real life most probably I'll be petrified and panic, meting a person and situation that goes beyond anything I know; not knowing anything and don't understanding anything, I believe this is the best explanation I can give

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

That's your stand? "Silly sex face" = horror?

Okay, tired of talking about this, I don't even take that as a serious argument. "Horror" is horror, I've already gone to the effort to show you Batoto's definition of what qualified as that and I really don't think a reasonable person (who was actually taking this seriously) is going to see funny faces as the same as anything in the horror tag's description.

Just for some reference material, here's a few that actually are what I'm guessing some people are trying to make Nekogurui out to be....

Franken Fran

Spoiler

Hells Angels

Spoiler

The Voynich Hotel

Spoiler

Yes they're funny, yes they're creepy, yes they're offbeat...........and yes they're horror. You did notice the dismembered bodies, right? The flowing blood? That's "emotion of fear" and "dread and abhorrence"...........and you give me Ahegao face and try to make it justify "horror".  >_<

Oh well, I'm pretty sure we're done talking   :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Loco15

Loco15

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationDeath Star

You should have know for the beginning that I was half joking, and a little of blood and frankenstein stuff Is not horror per se, is just gore at most. Also, I'm pretty sure batoto has really horrific stuff, but if manga like the ones you showed me are tagged as "horror" then you should tag 80% of the ecchi manga in this site as hentai, and half of the comedy manga should be tagged with something like "extreme violence" due to how often mc's are hurt, and nekogurui should be horror, smut, phsyological and maybe even bestiality. oh yeah, and yuri, and any manga that has hugs betwen women should be yuri too.

I don't even know myself how serious I'm being right now, maybe I'm 100% serious and 100% joking at the same time? don't know, my brain is weird

EDIT: maybe I should make some soulsearching to know the answer... and if you don't want this to continue don't reply, but as long as someone comments here I'm not gonna stop, probably

Edited by Loco15, 20 July 2014 - 11:03 PM.