Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Error in uploading chapters?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

PROzess

PROzess

Potato

• Contributor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany

I want to upload a chapter, but every time it tells me "Upload failed. Please make sure all the required fields are selected correctly.".

I have filled in all the fields marked with the *, like I always did before. But since the 1st April, it's not working for me anymore.

unf2a.jpg

Samhill

Samhill

Potato

• Members
  • 151 posts

Try Mediafire.

"So round, so firm, so fully packed." - Daffy Duck, not talking about what you probably think he's talking about.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Since

(1) It seems to be a you-only issue (judging by the front page) and

(2) it's been since April 1st (April Fools when it switched to Batoto High School)

I'd assume it's a browser cookie/cache issue. Try clearing your cache and/or Batoto's cookies.

If that doesn't work, try another browser. If all else fails, report back and I'll throw a staff member on it to test.

Edited by Daktyl198, 06 April 2014 - 08:01 PM.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

PROzess

PROzess

Potato

• Contributor
  • 177 posts
  • LocationGermany

Cache didn't do anything.

Changing browser is not a solution, so I aint even gonna try.

unf2a.jpg

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

The "try another browser" was more of a "try a clean browser for this problem" than a "change your browser".

Your browser in private mode (with addons disabled) is also an option (that I keep forgetting about).

Either way, I'll get somebody to investigate.

Edited by Daktyl198, 06 April 2014 - 09:09 PM.

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

roankun

roankun

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 4 posts

I'm not really sure what's the problem, but for about one month now, I've been unable to upload chapters using Firefox. Sometimes Google Chrome works, but sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes, it fills up the upload bar up to 100%, but the page doesn't (re?)load to say that "upload successful" or anything like that, sometimes it DOES reload but it gives me "Upload failed. Please make sure all the required fields are selected correctly." And sometimes, it says gives me an "IOError".

I don't know if this is a problem with my computer, but I've tried using both my laptop and desktop, and the same thing happens. Restarting my PC usually lets me upload one chapter, and then it goes back to the error thingy. Is my computer or internet connection the problem? :(

Edited by roankun, 07 April 2014 - 04:17 PM.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

the same thing happens to me in several cases:

• internet connection is too slow and upload fails at around 2%
  • too much shit (cache, cookies etc.) in my browser and nothing works
  • using proxies and IP dodgers

in some rare cases though, it just pops up and i have no idea why. it only happens on google chrome for me - it works perfectly on firefox and safari. so no fixes for that one yet :L

Gendalph

Gendalph

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 576 posts
  • Locationbeyond the Veil
This looks related: http://vatoto.com/forums/topic/17783-upload-troubles/
So, we're getting somewhere...

ello

ello

Russet Potato

• Renzokusei Scans
  • 241 posts

getting the same thing now... well, remote upload worked (somewhat).

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

Mod Edit: Topics merged. "Error in Uploading chapters"

There shouldnt be a problem with uploading since I have been uploading on all three browsers fine. I am not sure why it would say that ; why the problem show

up....O.O

Well if you guys have any chapters you like to upload to batoto until the problem is fixed/solved, 

you may post in  add comic request .

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Is this still happening?