Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Esdese or Esdeath?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

Maybe I might just be stupid but is Esdeath a nickname Shura uses? I personally prefer Esdese much more than Esdeath. Answers would be nice! Thanks :)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

It's an "official" change in how the name's being translated/interpreted I suppose. 

http://psylockescans.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/akame-ga-kill-chapter-45/

Psylocke Scans took over for Animum Mutare and I believe that was something that they decided on. 

Tn7HA0h.png

Nilsah

Nilsah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts
  • LocationSweden

It's an "official" change in how the name's being translated/interpreted I suppose. 

http://psylockescans.wordpress.com/2014/01/30/akame-ga-kill-chapter-45/

Psylocke Scans took over for Animum Mutare and I believe that was something that they decided on.

Thanks for clearing that up, but I still prefer Esdese.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Thanks for clearing that up, but I still prefer Esdese.

Yeah, me too. I think more than anything I've just gotten used to the old name..........I'm kinda forcing myself to use/think the new one so I can get used to it.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

CroniclerX

CroniclerX

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Esdese actually makes much more sense than Esdeath because her name is supposed to be based on the phrase "S" Desu, which means "I am an S(Sadist)" from what I've been told.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Mmm.....well, I guess the author gets the final word in this case  (http://vatoto.com/read/_/253801/akame-ga-kill_v11_ch50_by_psylocke-scans) .....

117c8424f0.jpg

Tn7HA0h.png

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

All names are pronounced the same, the only difference is spelling, LOL these spellings make for very different pronouncations, not that I know how to pronounce most such asian names, but phonetically very very different. Especially the R turned L thing and A turned U. Well I hear R doesn't exist in asian languages, so I suppose they were always meant to be pronounced with a L? What different sounds though to change yet still say it's the same.

Edited by truepurple, 09 July 2014 - 04:06 AM.

Icaros

Icaros

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Esudesu it is

tumblr_n0su5wu3ZP1s2wy5co1_500.jpg

Grisaia no Kajitsu

MyAnimeList VisualNovelDataBase