Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Aniiiimeeeeeee!!

haikyuu haikyuu anime

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia

It's out! It has begun! Let's talk about what the anime does right and wrong and share our hopes for how it handles various scenes ;w;

I like how they mixed in the flashbacks during the game but... well i have high expectations for Shouyo's movements. the manga gives off a lot of energy and for animation to be static is a bit... that's why i'm not too happy with how that last jump of his turned out but i still have hopes for the other ones =v=/

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

I just watched Episode 1, and while it's been a while since I read that far back, it seemed pretty true to the manga version.......I liked it, so far so good at least.   :D

Tn7HA0h.png

Baniita

Baniita

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

The first episode was fantastic~!

117cuhz.jpg25tkzex.gife2igx.gif

tumblr: The Yullenator / Baniita
`{01} [ 神アレ / Y U L L E N ] » dgm----------------
`{02} 🎧 [ ヨシュネク / J O S H N E K U ] » twewy-----
`{03} 💔 [ シズイザ / S H I Z A Y A ] » drrr!!----------

aninoag

aninoag

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Loved the first episode! :D
There were a few times that I wish they stepped up the animation a bit. (C'mon, Production I.G., I know you guys do amazing work!!) But overall, I really like how things are. <3

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Yes, it's very true to the manga. At least, I didn't feel that anything was off. In other words, whatever things they moved around were justified. I don't wanna check the manga 'cause I know I'll just end up re-reading it again //w\\ (not that it's a bad thing but ya know)

Also... now that I see Hinata spike with eyes closed IN MOVEMENT it really drives it home how scary such a thing actually is.

Edited by zetina, 07 April 2014 - 09:46 AM.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

here, this might be of some interest to fans...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2014-04-11/haikyuu-website-updated-with-new-character-goods

so, the new ep oughta air/come out sometime today, eh?

Tn7HA0h.png

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia

man these guys are almost too faithful to the manga. or rather... too rigid?? idk but they don't do the whole distortion thing to make the movements look sharper/faster/impressive. and they don't dwell on any moments and it all just runs at the same pace. like when hinata is doing those receives non-stop for over 15 mins: in the anime, i didn't get the impression that he's all that more tired than usual.

those are my only complaints so far. unfortunately, those are things i care a lot about //w\\ my whole excitement to watch this came from wanting to see hinata's mobility and speed animated after all.

BUT... it's kind of not bad to see the game proceed at an "untampered" speed like snap snap ball is dead time for next point.
still, the anime deff suffers a bit from not having those awesomely drawn splash pages that you can stare at for minutes *u*

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Spoiler

You make a good point, and I imagine that point is probably one of the most difficult to address for the people trying to adapt an anime from a manga that has a lot of action in it. How to best represent/adapt how the manga presented it in the very different medium.

I guess for my part, when I stop and think about it, a lot of the techniques the manga versions use to portray the "action" probably just wouldn't adapt to the "actual movement" of be it anime or live action.........when I try to imagine some of it, it's like, well, big-time silly slow-mo or something.   :D

I'm liking the anime, but yeah, as faithful as it is to the story of the manga, it kinda comes off a little bit different with the action.

Tn7HA0h.png

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia
Spoiler

Yeah, pretty much big panels and spreads mean you're supposed to dwell on them/time is slowed down. So in animation/film it'd be slow-mo...
To be fair, episode 7 did pretty well! I liked what they did with that awesome point Hinata scored against Grand King :'D

Tho watching this ep a different thing replaced my previous concerns - where an episode ends. I think most matches have ended in the middle of an episode? Which is fine except when it ends on something REALLY AWESOME. I kind of expect a chapter/episode to be over right after so it would stay on the viewer's mind. Well, it's no big deal.

IT'S NOYA TIME YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah, pretty much big panels and spreads mean you're supposed to dwell on them/time is slowed down. So in animation/film it'd be slow-mo...
To be fair, episode 7 did pretty well! I liked what they did with that awesome point Hinata scored against Grand King :'D

Yeah, agreed, I'm still really enjoying it. Ep eight's been out since this morning but I haven't had time to watch it yet.......can't wait actually   :D

Tn7HA0h.png

pierreanime

pierreanime

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOsaka-shi, Osaka, Japan

Opening song rocks! <--- lol out of topic. XD

:batoto_023:  :batoto_023:  :batoto_023: 

:batoto_007: pierreanime :batoto_007:

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia

@pierreanime

it's not off-topic at all!
i actually wanted to talk op's and ed's... for me i prefer the ending theme. i liked it ever since i heard it used for the previews

pierreanime

pierreanime

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOsaka-shi, Osaka, Japan

@zetina

lol i love the opening more. especially the chorus part where all the actions of players has a great timing to the beat of the song. 

:batoto_007: pierreanime :batoto_007:

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Wow, look at the sales on the new tank, number two on the sales chart with over three hundred thousand in sales in its first week...

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-06-11/japanese-comic-ranking-june-2-8/.75452

It always sold pretty well, but I'd say its anime really gave it a huge lift.

Tn7HA0h.png

iceymilk

iceymilk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIn a Hershey's factory somwhere eating chocolate

With each anime episode comes a new need to re-read the manga from the end of that current episode to the most updated chapter...

I don't know which I like better. I definitely like how they're adding a bit more in the anime, especially stuff about the girl's volleyball club.. Both of them are just perfect enough that you can start on either and skip a couple episodes and instead read the manga, and then go back to the anime, that you can't miss much.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Yeah, this is one that's adding in a little bit extra as far as being totally faithful to the anime......no big changes or anything, just yeah, a little extra stuff  :D 

Tn7HA0h.png

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia

Well then.

The animé is over.

It was... wonderful. My last expression watching it was a smile. I had my worries but all turned out lovely and I easily got several people to like it as well.

So...

I can't find any season 2 announcements? It's not too early either - Baby Steps even has a "to be continued in season 2" at the end of last episode =v=;; I suppose Baby Steps has more material tho... Anyway, I did find news that there will be a special episode at this year's Jump Festa - an original story about Lev and Kenma! Sounds interesting.

SEASON 2 DEFINITELY HAS TO HAPPEN NEXT YEAR (summer/fall i guess?) !! looking forward to it ò

Danchietalima

Danchietalima

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
That was a really good first season...I'm expecting the second soon, but I'd like the second season has some changes if we compare with the manga...

zetina

zetina

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLatvia

It's official, people! Haikyuu!! season 2 is in the works :'D

www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2014/12/17/haikyuu-anime-season-2-announcement-reportedly-coming

Edited by zetina, 30 December 2014 - 09:11 AM.

Guest_Spljushka_von_Kartoffel

Guest_Spljushka_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Those "head through the net" images are really freaky...