Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

When displaying volumes, the file ordering is...?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
Forgive me for asking this but when after uploading a ton of volumes, I realised something:

For volumes with an Extra chapter, once a in a while... the Extra chapter will show up first. Now, I'm terrible at grasping this so could someone explain in super simple terms: how does the file ordering on Batoto work?

Trust me, my brain is a little on the loopy side sooo something that's not idiot-proof is gonna fly over my head into outer space, like 5.5 trillion light years away.

Thanks! :) :batoto_024:Btw, wth is it with all these smilies? :o
http://www.cakewrecks.com/home/2012/3/29/sheep-who-must-not-be-named.html
For pony!!! :D

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
There is a number called sort number. Stuff is arranged by the sort number.

If you leave it blank, it defaults to one of two things:

1. If you DID NOT write volume number, the sort number is the chapter number.

2. If you DID write volume number, the sort number is (Volume * 1000) + Chapter. E.g., Vol 3, Ch. 5 is 3005.

So, if you have some chapters that only have a chapter number and others that have volume and chapter, you will need to manually set the sort order.

Also, sort order can use decimals as well. Sometimes Omakes are something like 12.5, so if the omake chapter is listed as 12.5, it will go between 12 and 13. Sometimes it is listed as 0. And sometimes people manually set the sort order so it will go somewhere specifically.

The sort order is on the add chapter page.

Does that make sense?
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

aku720

aku720

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationHindustan
trebor i think so she is asking something else if i am not wrong

she in not talking about order of chapters and volumes which resides on main page of series

she might be asking that after uploading a VOLUME using a remote upload link and then checking it by reading here at batoto the order of the pages or the chapter are not in right, while reading the volume as a whole

like a volume has 3 chapter + extra chapter(omake) and she wants an order of 1>2>3>omake but she might be getting after uploading is like omake>1>2>3 ( order of 4 of these inside the volume)
and as far as i know there is no solution to this problem and there is nothing wrong with batoto uploading the order is per-defined inside the zip/rar file

i can be wrong

*unfortunately this problem cant be helped, u can ask for more advice from kidcongo and salitiy they do this stuff a lot *

Edited by ak720 (akash), 02 September 2011 - 01:04 PM.

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
  • LocationIn Cake Heaven, stuffing myself with cakes(chocolate, fruit, etc.). Mmm... :D
ak 720, you're right! :)

I noticed that sometimes, certain chapters end up coming first(even though my mangaviewer sorts out the pages properly) and I thought if only I knew how Batoto handles the filenames(how does it sort the filename), I'd be able to prevent it. 'Cos my approach is to reduce my workload since such an issue = far more work. And I don't like the idea of going through so many uploads, just to get the numbering right since often, it's not the numbering but the filenaming that makes things go wrong.

Trevor: still, thanks for refreshing my mind on a certain issue. :) Yes, you can often manually sort out a chapter, right?

Miseng is supposedly the Prince of Zahard and thus, a trap. SIU, you've completely outdone yourself this time. :D :D :D

And I'm very sorry, I just rarely accept friend requests these days. I don't really do Facebook friend requests. Maybe next time. :P
------------------
Even though I like TOG, I have no favourite characters. There are only characters I get attached to, for the moment and some traits I adore, just for a while. In the same way, there is no character I hate or dislike. I may get annoyed, angry and so on, for a while.

aku720

aku720

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationHindustan
i am facing the problem which u are facing a lot, so it is better tofu if u recheck the volume after uploading
check if the chapters are in order or not

and check is the volume complete or not sometimes only 1 chapter gets uploaded while uploading

it happens when the zip/rar file have chapters divided in separated folders and those those folders are compressed together in 1 file then after uploading that file you will find only 1 file uploaded the others wont get uploaded

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
Ack, this sucks 'cos how the hell am i gonna look through 100,000 over pages? :batoto_011: Yes... that's what I've been uploading so far! More than 100 volumes and I don't think I can check everything. :( I doubt I can even trace all my uploads atm. Fourteen is already 4000++ pages in total. Gokusen is between 1000++ to 2000++ minimum. And the list goes on and on. x_X

I'll leave it to the readers to report, k? :batoto_032:

------------------

aku720

aku720

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationHindustan
well at-least check from now on when ever u upload volumes
and u should be careful about the languages as well there could a manga with other language

rest trebor will answer about ur queries related to volume upload

Yu Han Sung

Yu Han Sung

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,989 posts
Nah, forget it... I'll add a few more titles and then I'm done with uploading for now. :) Simply 'cos I have almost no time for uploading as it is and if I've to go through the process of reading something I've no interest in, I'll just rather quit the entire process. It can take me a long time to read or check through a few volumes and I'm extremely tight on time as it is. Well, too bad. :)

I sometimes check through random pages but I'm not going to check every page.

------------------

Trebor

Trebor

Voice to the Voiceless

• Administrators
  • 1,918 posts
  • LocationUSA
I moved this thread to General Comic Hosting, not Batoto support.

Ordering within a single rar/zip file uploaded to Batoto (what you call a "volume" -- usually it's a volume, but this doesn't have to be the case) is stripped of all folders, laid out onto one folder, then displayed.

Scanlators often number their comics silly things. For example, they will number stuff:

c1_p4, c1_p5, . . . , c1_p10
c05_p98, c05_p99, c05_p100, . . .

These are all BAD ways of naming the file, because they are inconsistent and Batoto/most automated software will display them in an order not intended by the reader/maker of the file. The file names all need to have the *same number* of characters. If one rar/zip file (one "volume") is going to contain over 100 pages, then EVERYTHING needs to be name cxx_pyyy, e.g., c01_p004, c01_p005, . . . , c01_p010, . . . , c05_p098, c05_p099, c05_p100.

This should give you some intuition about the Omake chapters. It depends on how the scanlators named the file. Obviously I have no idea how every scanlator named it, but it's highly dependent on the way it's named.
Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri Yuri

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!
When there are folders in archives, the folders are stripped. However, the folder name is prepended to the file name to preserve the folder order.

So, if there was...
ch1/pg01.png
ch1/pg02.png
ch2/pg01.png
ch2/pg02.png
they will become...
ch1_pg01.png
ch1_pg02.png
ch2_pg01.png
ch2_pg02.png
which is still fine.

However!
The key difference your manga reader on desktop will have with ours is that you are probably using Windows! Windows actually have a unique and complicated sorting algorithm for sorting file names. It's designed to detect things numbers going up like 8, 9, 10, etc so that they're put in order. There are also several other things that Windows does. However, we are not using windows. :P It's a plain alphabetical sort in order.

If you look at the ordering of letters, http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm
You'll see that numbers come before alphabet. So, if the chapter is titled "omake" it will still end up working fine.

aku720

aku720

Fingerling Potato

• Contributor
  • 66 posts
  • LocationHindustan
well tofu the only thing you can now do in this situation is
>download the whole volume
>extract the folder(containing the images)
>then separate them(images) and put the chapter in different folder(you cant go renaming all images)
>compress the chapter folder
>then upload them individually(chapter wise)