Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Last Anime That You Completed

anime completed entertainment

• Please log in to reply
441 replies to this topic

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

Ryuugajou Nanana no Maizoukin

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Valsie

Valsie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIn the hands of none.

Kanojo ga Flag wo Oraretara ep 11 While I make not be a fan of harems, but I oddly enough kind of enjoy the anime as it has a underlying plot. It cute and not over ecchi. I am more into the shoujo, slice-of-life group.

Except the underlying plot is ridiculous lol Should've settled with the comedy and cutesy scenes IMO.

Just finished Gokusen. Was an awesome alternative to the mainstream crap I almost end up watching out of boredom.

Edited by Valsie, 21 June 2014 - 03:53 PM.

I am a deconstruction of the moe genre.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Started and finished watching Black Rock Shooter. It is a short, beautiful and sad anime.

Wonderful experience :)

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

Kirisute Gomen

Kirisute Gomen

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

Mushishi Zoku Shou apparently :( why did the season have to be so short.  It was still very good though relaxing mini stories revolving around the protagonist Ginko.  Might have to rewatch the first season again now.

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
  • Location「Between Brackets」
Akuma no Riddle.

7/10

It's an okay watch, I guess.
The animation and soundtrack are top notch! 10/10 for those, definitely one of the best I've seen so far. Some of the soundtracks used in fighting scenes are pretty epic!

As for the story, it's alright... You won't get bored, at least. And there is enough mystery for you to want to know how it will end.
And the ending, well, it isn't bad, but the last episode is a bit of a let down, not to mention, super confusing... and from my point of view, didn't make sense .-.
Others could have a different opinion, idk.

Anyway, it's a good watch, and I'd watch a Season 2 if they make one.

Edited by DarkPrince, 22 June 2014 - 09:03 PM.

I T ' S   O N L Y   F U N   I F   T H E Y   R U N

L3Z4

L3Z4

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationHeavenly Host Elementary

My last Anime was Highschool DxD.

Not very good, but at least it was funny. Personally not a great fan of ecchi ...

About a 8/10. Loved the Ending song.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

No game No Life

8/10

those 2 points were deducted because there is really really to much fanservice.

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMedan, Indonesia

Just finished all seasons of The World God Only Knows.

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

Valsie

Valsie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 517 posts

Just finished Kimagure Orange RoadPretty entertaining romance series. Met my expectations
much more than most recent romance series(which is a sad thing).

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Locationhopefully not in the hands of confused lewd teenagers.

Hataraku Maou-sama

amir007

amir007

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationIran

Nagi no asakura

Valsie

Valsie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 517 posts

Done with all I had planned to watch, and some I was forced to watch just so I could trash 'em.
Ah, I'll just write a bit about each of the shows I either completed, or dropped this season(which was not exactly what I'd call a great season btw).

Mushishi S2 : Pretty nice overall, they chose to maintain the same pace as in the first season, and that's fine. No reason to fix what isn't broken.

Riddle Story of Devil :  Nothing special, just some bad writing with yuri to make brainless otaku buy it

Majin Bone : For a kid's show, it was okay. Nothing special either. But it still managed to top a few "serious" shows this season.

Blade & Soul : Terribad. Stupid fanservice, bad use of SHOCK factor and such. Well, it was made with the purpose of promoting the MMO.

Selector Infected Wixoss : Did fairly nice for most part, but the most interesting part is certainly the different approach it took in promoting the card game.

Fairy Tail s2 : Shit.

Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou : Haughty comedy 'n all, not bad for the first 2 episodes or so, but the jokes quickly become boring, and so does the show.

Daimidaler : Hilarious as a deconstruction of the mecha genre. Not for everyone, as it was purposefully made to be bad.

Dragonar Academy : Typical shit light novel adaption + Tentacles.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure s2 : GAR stuff as jojo has always presented to us, although the storytelling is now episodic.

Baby Steps : Meh. Nothing much. Also, what kind of name is 'Baby Steps' anyway?

Break Blade : Attempt to make it interesting in TV format did not work out as planned, I think.

Brynhildr in the Darkness : Hilarious ending. Seriously. Anyway, not special by any means, you'd be better off checking the manga.

Captain Earth : Bones doing their shit once again. Interesting premise that goes absolutely nowhere.

Mahouka : By far the worst show this season along with Soul Eater Not. Bad characters and a bad story told from the eyes of a dead-fish protagonist with overwhelming powerz.

The World is still Beautiful : Meh, it was okay. If you're the kind that turns your brain off and likes to simply enjoy, then this is a great show.

One Week Friends : Blergh. So many stupid plot holes, it makes me sick. Also everyone seems to be half-asleep, all the time.

Black Bullet : Shit novel turned into shit anime. It's basically Attack on Titan but with nympho lolis.

No Game No Life : Meh show made by a nerdy otaku for other nerdy otakus. Crappy fanservice, too.

Soul Eater Not : I'm never giving Moe a chance again. Ever.

Chaika the Coffin Princess : Fairly good if you value action and visuals a lot. In actual plot, it's just average.

Fuuun Ishin Dai Shougun : Lol, static images and photoshop boobs.

Knights of Sidonia : Bad CGI, Meh-ish plot and bad harem. Dunno. Tolerable, but not good.

Ping Pong : Amazing character development, but the art style and slow pacing in the beginning might throw viewers off.

Date A Live s2 : Continuation to a crappy first season.

Mekakucity Actors : Terribad. Too much SHAFT for its own good.

M3 : Passable show. While the first few minutes of the first episode are interesting, after that it turns very boring.

Edited by Valsie, 01 July 2014 - 01:32 AM.

Maya24

Maya24

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIn my house.

Soredemo Sekai wa Utsukushii - Nice refreshing shoujo series, though there are some moments when you have to ask logic. (Ep 2 and Ep 5)

Mekakucity Actors - Well... we already have a VERY mediocre source material (the light novel I mean) so what would I really expect. Then SHAFT decided to ruin it much more. Thank you shi*** SHAFT. I guess I'll be sticking to the songs and forget this piece of trash.

15301sm.jpg

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts
NO GAME NO LIFE
I give it a 9/10. Definitely one of the better anime I've seen.
Though they went a little overboard with the fanservice, IMO. A little less of that and it would have been perfect.

The story is just awesome. I guess you could say this is fantasy genre at it's best.
The characters are really well done too.
Ridiculously smart, scammer MC's are always a plus! XD

I'm really looking forward to a season 2, haha!
This anime has serious potential.
I should start reading the LN till then.

NISEMONOGATARI
A bit of a disappointment when compared to the prequel [Bakemonogatari]
It was just plain fanservice until the last couple episodes... Okay, mostly fanservice. But still way too much. And it got really boring cause of that.

The animation and all, like the prequel, is top tier, with that unique style of its.

I think I'll give it a 7/10.
And that's being really generous.
I hope the other two series, I have yet to watch, are better than this.

Edited by DarkPrince, 02 July 2014 - 10:25 PM.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

Gokukoku no Brynhildr

hmmmm...

8/10? 

dunno really, the ending feels really rushed, espcially since my bro told me they put like 40 manga chapters in 2 episodes or something like that...

now i need to read the manga.....

NO GAME NO LIFE
I give it a 9/10. Definitely one of the better anime I've seen.
Though they went a little overboard with the fanservice, IMO. A little less of that and it would have been perfect.

*remembers episode 6*

That one episode alone had more fanservice then all manga and anime i read/watched combined.

The Series could've really been alot better if it wasn't for all that fanservice....

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

*remembers episode 6*
That one episode alone had more fanservice then all manga and anime i read/watched combined.
The Series could've really been alot better if it wasn't for all that fanservice....

lolol yeah! XD
We could've had an extra episode or two of actual story of they removed half the fanservice!

And it also makes it a little difficult to recommend the anime to someone... even though its really awesome :c

Bobby W.

Bobby W.

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMedan, Indonesia

Sword Art Online. Just finished all episodes in 2 days. Now I'll watch Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei.

"Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." - Albert Einstein

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

^Mahouka's pretty awesome, IMO.

SWORD ART ONLINE

I actually liked it. Sure, it could have been a lot better, but I don't think it's bad as it is.

I guess I was also expecting the worst from hearing everyone's reactions of it, so it actually ended up impressing me a little.

Spoiler

I think I'll give it a 7.5/10

I loved all of Kirito's battles, some were truly epic.

Animation and all were great. Nothing much to say about it.

Now I can go watch the first episode of Season 2! Haha. I finished this at a good time. Yay.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Finished No Game No Life and One Week Friends.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

DarkPrince

DarkPrince

Cute Potato

• Members
  • 4,800 posts

BACCANO!

Awesome. I think I'll give it a 9/10. I'm not the biggest fan of stories that take place in the early 20th century, with the Mafia wars and all, but this is an exception. I loved it.

The animation and sound are decent for something that came out in 2007. Though the story is easily among the better ones I've watched.

I think, like Durarara [same author, iirc], the characters are what make this story epic. The author is seriously good at building and portraying their characters. My favorites in this anime would be Rail Tracer and Graham [dude's a riot].

It's a great watch overall, I'd recommend to anyone that likes fantasy, comedy genres, this is also one of the very few stories I've seen that has a perfect ending.