Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

New comic, please, for one who loves ToG

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

Rye

Rye

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 28 posts

Vinland Saga!

Since nobody else mentioned it :D

Dr.Cheese

Dr.Cheese

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,454 posts
  • Locationbathroom

Don't compare that crap to ToG. For shame sir. For shame.

For the purposes of well-constructed universes, It is really well made. Execution is shonen because that is its genre, but the world itself is really interesting.

>
Also, I forgot to mention something about Gunnerkrigg that I feel is really important. Not only is it complex and fascinating in itself, but it has everything you could want not only for females only (because that is a misconception). It has girl on girl, fox god on girl, tsundere guy on tsundere girl, guys on mysterious immortal being (that's right guys as in plural), guy on fire elemental, and really weird stuff that I don't even know how to start explaining. Oh yea, robot on shadow too, that's a thing now.

The Hero Appears! The Hero Appears! The Hero Appears!

Spoiler

drakeramoray

drakeramoray

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 382 posts
  • LocationMsc

Yeah and Sarah Palin would make a good president. Don't compare that crap to ToG. For shame sir. For shame.

Such convincing argumentation..nothing to find fault with

BehindTheLighT

BehindTheLighT

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,847 posts
  • LocationItaly

Well, I have to say the chapter 7 of Kubera was good... but it's all the same. I can't fell sorry or conected with the characters because of the drawing. Let me explain: in the trailer of the last film of Miyazaki (gods, in Spain arrives in april!!!!) and someone said: I can't feel conected because it's animated" Although not as hard as that, I should say that it may be why I can't like the characters. For example, the flames guy: in other comics I would already love him because he is very funny but in this one, I can't. But I will continue reading it, of course.

Right now you know nothing at all about the characters, but you will... by then, trust me, you'll feel sorry for them T.T

I myself was skeptical in the beginning

Edited by BehindTheLighT, 22 March 2014 - 08:31 PM.

I'm italian, so please excuse me if my english is not very good, feel free to correct me.

Kubera ITA

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

For the purposes of well-constructed universes, It is really well made. Execution is shonen because that is its genre, but the world itself is really interesting.

>
Also, I forgot to mention something about Gunnerkrigg that I feel is really important. Not only is it complex and fascinating in itself, but it has everything you could want not only for females only (because that is a misconception). It has girl on girl, fox god on girl, tsundere guy on tsundere girl, guys on mysterious immortal being (that's right guys as in plural), guy on fire elemental, and really weird stuff that I don't even know how to start explaining. Oh yea, robot on shadow too, that's a thing now.

You're making it out to be smut or something. Don't give people the wrong idea! XD

I just started reading Gunnerkrigg after it was mentioned in this thread; it gets my seal of approval. It has that sort of Marry Poppins/Howl's Moving Castle I'm-not-going-to-blink-at-something-impossible-happening British sensibility main character feel, if you have any idea what I'm talking about.

------------------

(Lol I read a bit more now, some of these romances are getting odd >.<

Edited by themantarays, 23 March 2014 - 05:25 AM.

Raggle Fraggle

Raggle Fraggle

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationA Candy Store Near You

Such convincing argumentation..nothing to find fault with

Only kinda arguments I give babeh.

Shenanigans

Shenanigans

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 597 posts
  • LocationUnder there.........I just made you say underwear.

God I can't believe I forgot Trace too, Trace is awesome.

themantarays

themantarays

~A Majestic Ray of Light in the Dark of the Internet~ ☼_☼

• Comic Mods
  • 1,933 posts

Upon further reflection, I moved this thread to the "comic finder" forums. A link is still available in the ToG forums.

Nihil X

Nihil X

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
Well, having listened to all your other comments, then I think you could like Mushishi. Mushishi is one of the most simple, but at the same time one of the complex stories I had read. Beautiful drawings, beautiful settings, and the stories are everything but the typical cliches of the 90% of the other mangas.
The stories are placed in the old Edo Japan, and the plot is about some invisible creatures (the Mushis) that exist between the natural and the supernatural realm, and how these creatures interact with all the people around them, including normal people, and other special kind of people that can see these creatures (The Mushishis), mainly the stories are about Ginko, one of the most skilled Mushishis of this era.

Alraisen

Alraisen

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • LocationProbably not here.

Okay, I can't believe nobody recommended me Abide in the Wind.

That's exactly the comic I was looking for! It's a fantastic story, with fantastic drawing, fantastic characters and an intriguing world. And I almost felt what I felt reading ToG.

I almost felt what I felt reading ToG.

If you haven't tried it, give it a try (there are 10 chapters transllated, I know, but if all goes well, a scan group I know might translate it. Well in to spanish, I'm sorry).

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/FZox7ZH.gif

Spoiler

death2boredom

death2boredom

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,096 posts

Pandora Hearts, definitely.

Spoiler

Shess

Shess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts

Well, having listened to all your other comments, then I think you could like Mushishi. Mushishi is one of the most simple, but at the same time one of the complex stories I had read. Beautiful drawings, beautiful settings, and the stories are everything but the typical cliches of the 90% of the other mangas.
The stories are placed in the old Edo Japan, and the plot is about some invisible creatures (the Mushis) that exist between the natural and the supernatural realm, and how these creatures interact with all the people around them, including normal people, and other special kind of people that can see these creatures (The Mushishis), mainly the stories are about Ginko, one of the most skilled Mushishis of this era.

Oh god yes to this^!

Mushishi is so damn good.

OT: Moribito guardian of the spirit is also a good one to watch.

Here's the Synopsis:
Balsa, spear wielder and bodyguard, is a wandering warrior who has vowed to atone for eight deaths in her past by saving an equivalent number of lives. On her journey, she saves Prince Chagum, and is tasked with becoming his bodyguard. His own father, the emperor, has ordered his assassination. The two begin a perilous journey to ensure the survival of the prince. Balsa's complicated past begins to come to light and they uncover Chagum's mysterious connection to a legendary water spirit with the power to destroy the kingdom.

The plot may get a tad bit predictable at times, but the characters make up for it.

Edited by TapDancingDog, 12 August 2014 - 03:48 AM.

tumblr_nd06mlXtkF1tgv0q6o1_500.gif

Bogo

Bogo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Locationbetween boobs

i think u will like  "The Gamer" google ur friend

Edited by Bogo, 17 August 2014 - 09:36 PM.

c570a2ea1bad7bbe.gif

DONT SCROLL! BE A MAN!!!

>englrish user<