Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Have you ever...

• Please log in to reply
3002 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yes. For various reasons (impromptu carpentry, cutting the bottom off of Christmas trees to improve water absorption / longevity, cutting up those or other large-dead-plant-things to fit in the yard waste bin for collection...)

Have you ever felled a tree with an axe?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No

Have you ever wondered how cavemen communicated?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

facial expressions, gestures, eye signals - enough for them arrange a hunting plan

have you ever wondered where the shit goes

i found this on the net the other day https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/03/us/parrish-waste-poop-train-alabama-trnd/index.html

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
It hadn't occurred to me that we would move that much of it by train in this country. I'm used to living in a state where we pump water across hundreds of miles without giving it a second thought, after all.

But it would make sense that rural Alabama never had that infrastructure, nor would it currently have the funds to build it.

In the general case, though, of course I think about such things! I guess there are people who don't, but, I don't understand those people.

Have you ever used a dog as a pillow? Or vice-versa.

Edited by pokari, 31 July 2018 - 07:38 PM.

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

it's not their shit, it's new york and new jersey's 

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Oh, right, so the article said.

Oh—okay, now that I pay more attention this makes more sense. It's not that they're lacking sewage treatment, it's that they're filtering out the sewage and dumping it in landfills—standard practice, I think—and they're just having trouble getting enough (willing) landfills nearby.

I feel like the whole problem could be avoided by having better-sealed train cars or some-such...

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Have you ever thought TV magicians had paid audiences?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I haven't ever thought much of anything of TV magicians. I know they exist but I don't think I've ever seen such a program myself.

However, I would think if they were decent then they would be better off with paying audiences. Except for maybe a couple of planted "volunteers" in the audience if necessary; I seem to recall Houdini did that sometimes?

Have you ever curled up near a fire?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, but I have curled up in front of many other warm things.

Have you ever desperately tried to cool down a hot drink because you were in a hurry?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yup, and burned my tongue, too ~w~

Have you ever held a snake?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No.

Have you ever made a pretty bookmark for yourself?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I feel like I must have at some point but I can't recall :/ Usually I just use whatever's lying around to hand as a bookmark (grocery receipts get used often). And I don't use bookmarks all the time—my skills in finding where I was in a book are pretty advanced at this point.

Have you ever thought that bellybuttons seem kind of arbitrarily placed for what they do?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

the human reproductive system is one bandaid after another, so no

the fact that you have to squeeze a large human brain through the pelvic bones is a disaster waiting to happen (and in fact, often caused the death of the child and/or the mother) 

have you ever wanted to experiment with drugs

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Depends what you mean. If you mean, have I ever wished to know what taking certain mind-altering substances is like, then the answer is of course yes (I assume this is the case for anyone with a healthy sense of curiosity). If however you mean, have I ever actually wanted to try them and find out, then the answer is no.

the human reproductive system is one bandaid after another

Ah... So very much so. When people who believe in intelligent design talk about how well life is put together and how it can't possibly be an accident, I sometimes do seriously wonder if they're possibly not looking at the same humans as I am.

Have you ever put together a plastic model?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yep, and what a boring thing to do! Assemble a pre-assembled dismantled object smh

Have you ever got up in the middle of the night wanting to hug something?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yes! Or no, depending on what you mean by "got up". Usually it ends up being my sheets/pillow that get hugged. Honestly, the middle of the night is usually a time where I feel pretty snug and secure, hug-hunger pangs are most acute during the daytime if I'm undergoing a deficiency.

Have you ever dismantled something that didn't belong to you and then realized that you can't get it back together again?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
Not yet let me run for office and do some social engineering

Have you ever tried replacing your car engine oil

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts