Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Have you ever...

• Please log in to reply
3002 replies to this topic

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yes, though I can't for the live of me remember what, I can remember the feeling of horror (though it was only the tiniest of fragments if my memory serves correctly; this is pretty far back I assume because the memory's really hazy).

Have you ever enjoyed a trampoline?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Nope.

Have you ever enjoyed a series you originally thought you would hate?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Definitely. Now, can I think of examples...

For the most part, it's things that I expect to hate because I'm expecting them to be too ecchi, or some such, for my tastes. But the way it plays out varies a bit.

Examples I can think of:

Maid kara haha ni narimashita - I was expecting something much less wholesome from a series titles "From being a maid, I went to being a mother." In fact it's possibly the most wholesome isekai I've ever encountered.

The Best Smell - Shounen-ai manhwa that I pretty much expected to be godawful based on the name and description—instead it's been full of pretty convincing (if odd) characters, is pretty slow-paced despite always moving frantically, takes its societal issues pretty seriously, and is hilarious and charming (your mileage may vary on this last point—I don't know why I like the protagonists, objectively speaking they should be really annoying).

Michiko to Hatchin (anime) - About as seedy as I was expecting from its poster-art, but way more moving and profound than I'd anticipated (admittedly my expectations were low, but). I never finished watching it, but it was quite good in its own right.

Princess principal (anime) - I don't remember exactly what I was expecting (and boy, is that title a bit misleading as to its genre and content), but it had both some great ideas and great execution that I wasn't expecting. The series isn't perfect, but while originally it was something I fully expected to drop within a few episodes—especially after the seemingly-pointlessly grim end of the first episode—by the end I was decently impressed by some of the stuff it had pulled off.

Well, you get the idea by now ~w~

Have you ever dreamed that you were an animal, that you can recall?

Edited by pokari, 23 June 2018 - 09:58 PM.

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yes, I have, and it was an oddly specific dream which I was sure was my 'previous life' or the earlier form of whatever identity exists in me today. I was a rabbit(? or some related animal) who had a pretty fun life, but the only bit I remember clearly is about me dying(???) cornered and eaten by a lion >.>;; I had this dream at least 10 years ago, but I don't think I'll be forgetting it (or any more of it).

Have you ever tired yourself out by thinking too much?

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail
All. The. Fucking. Time.
Right now, even

Have you ever been a personal witness to a major historical event?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts

Nope. I existed during the tsunami, but I don't remember being affected by it. I don't remember any other "historical event" in my life.

Have you ever talked to a famous person?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts
I talk to myself yes

Have you ever bought a book that you’ve just left sitting around until you picked it up one day some years later and read the last chapters

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No...after it gets dusty I would just avoid touching it.

Have you ever attempted to stop breathing voluntarily because someone told you you couldn't do it?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
I mean, no, though I have stopped breathing voluntarily plenty of times—inasmuch as holing obey breath counts.

My impression is it is within the realm of human possibly to willfully hold one's breath until one passes out. However I seem to vaguely recall that if you do that, you aren't quite 100% guaranteed to start again, so I cannot advise trying this as a personal challenge.

Have you ever worried about some obscure incident from your distant past coming back to haunt you?

PItiful Boar

PItiful Boar

Soppy Potato

• Members
  • 198 posts

i think thats the basis for psychotherapy, like the emotional events that affect you as a child, like fear of animals for example, on a subconscious level

have you ever been on a project and your contact is like, sorry, i'm on maternity leave, and you're like, damn! women should not allowed to work!

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
No, because I'm not a sexist pig.

And I think men should get paternity leave, too, like they do in civilised countries.

Have you ever played with throwing axes?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, I live a sheltered life after all.

Have you ever seen a scorpion?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Um, yes, but only when encased in plastic, or possibly in a cage.

Have you ever held a rabbit?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Nope

Have you ever helped someone climb over a high wall?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yup. It's fun X3

Have you ever sat at the edge of a body of water, throwing rocks in?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, I don't recall doing this.

Have you ever been let down by gravity? =w=

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yes, and none too softly! D':

Have you ever deliberately lost at something?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
Yes, to please a young relative of mine. I was shocked at how well it worked =w=

Have you ever basked in the sunshine?

pokari

pokari

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 69 posts
Yess... *purrs*

Sunlight coming through big windows is especially nice because of not sunburning. There is a nice pool of warm sunlight on the carpet in late afternoons next to our big sliding glass doors, that is large enough to curl up in and bask fully. ~w~

Have you ever raised and eaten vegetables?

penrosecat

penrosecat

Playa Potato

• Members
  • 3 posts
No, just the eating bit.

Have you ever eaten vegetables and asked for a second helping?

(Also, I must live in your house(???))