Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Thoughts on Final Fantasy 13-3?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Stud Joe

Stud Joe

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationyour mom

So Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy 13 came out recently and I just finished it over the reading break. For those of you who have played it, what did you think about the game?

I personally thought the game play was subpar with the ATB gauge managing becoming very annoying and overall combat being quite dull. However, I did love the clothing customization in the game. Some outfits gave Lightning some awesome butt and titties. The graphics were pretty top notch and the characters were stunning obviously but the soundtrack was alright and the voice acting was just disappointing. The story was also very meh. It was definitely better than Final Fantasy 13-2 because that game was just awful and it messed up everything but it wasn't very entertaining and everything was very predictable. I thought the ending was a good wrap up to the story though. It was a happy ending that I felt Final Fantasy 13 series needed, or maybe I wanted it for myself.

I really liked Serah (even though I hate Snow) because shes pretty (needs to work on her butt though. Her bikini was disappointing) and I was kind of sad when she died at the end of Final Fantasy 13-2. 

I remember when Final Fantasy 13 first came out. Everyone flamed it but after a Final Fantasy series marathon during reading break, I felt like it was one of the best, combat wise. You get to play all the characters, have some cool crystarium stuff, change roles of the characters actively during battle. Juggling the knockdown was much more fun in FF13 compared to 13-3 because 13-3 felt like it was just spamming and hoping you get a knockdown.

Well this is just my thought and not really good explanation about what I thought about the game but I didn't feel like writing an essay.

DVerde

DVerde

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

I guess butts solve everything...

Edited by DVerde, 28 February 2014 - 04:56 PM.

http://www.gameanyone.com

Your number one source for video game walkthroughs, and Visual Novels. :P

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

I was very disappointed.  I got 20 hours through, and haven't played in about a week.  Personally, I thought 13-2 was superior. The problems I had with the game:

- The story.  The whole mythos was just stretched way too thin.

- The dialogue.  Absurdly verbose.  It's painful.

- The countdown.  I use strategy guides, after FF12 made it all but mandatory.  'Oh, you mean if I open this random chest an hour into the game I can't get the best weapon in the game?  Sweet'.  However, this is the first time, I've felt so much pressure.  I run about 5 steps then I have to check the guide to see exactly what I have to do.  There is no freedom.  You only have so few hours to get things done and a lot of the areas are only open at certain times.  I always feel I'm 6 hours behind.  I have less stress from deadlines at work than in this game, because if I fall behind at work, at least I can stay late to finish things up.  

- This one is up in the air, as I'm hoping and almost counting on a twist, but the characters do not seem like themselves.  I'm not sure if it's blatant, which would diminish the effect of the twist or they're inconsistent with their established behaviors.

I do enjoy the combat, although I find staggering harder than in FF13, for better or worse.

Stud Joe

Stud Joe

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Locationyour mom

Yeah the clock ticking down was really annoying. I enjoy power leveling by farming mobs but because of the time constraint, I can't really do that in 13-3. I always wish there was an option for Japanese voices with english subtitles.

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

Ben certainly had things to say :P

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/zero-punctuation/8828-Lightning-Returns-Final-Fantasy-XIII

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

gyokuran

gyokuran

Potato

• Members
  • 104 posts

I guess butts solve everything...

I beg to differ! It's teh boobies, baby!

*too lazy to post a space dandy or plot gifs*

Kinda spoiled somethings for me when reading topics, but  I liked FF13-3. 

DVerde

DVerde

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

So why does the clock ticking down piss people off? Majora's mask did that, escept you only had *three* days. The only difference was you could reset time endlessly...

gyokuran

gyokuran

Potato

• Members
  • 104 posts

So why does the clock ticking down piss people off? Majora's mask did that, escept you only had *three* days. The only difference was you could reset time endlessly...

Possible reasons are:

Gynophobia(Fear of women)

Probably hadn't seen the movie Sliding Doors, Ground Hog Day, 12 monkeys or similar movies.

Doesn't own a PS3

Just saying 'they hate' because they. think. everybody hates. it. (another reason why I don't reviews or listen to friends(?) or colleagues, instead I download the demo on PSN)

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

I put it in my post above, but it's the lack of freedom.

Yahtzee: "Make the plot holes bigger, Final Fantasy, I don't think this train wreck's going to fit through them yet."  Oh man, I love that guy.

Edited by clamzoopa, 06 March 2014 - 02:29 PM.

Misuzu Chan

Misuzu Chan

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 210 posts
  • LocationFrance.

This game disappoints me. Too fast, no freedom, and history .... honestly it's bad. This game will end up in the same basket as Final Fantasy XII.

DVerde

DVerde

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

This game disappoints me. Too fast, no freedom, and history .... honestly it's bad. This game will end up in the same basket as Final Fantasy XII.

A lot of people actually *liked* XII. O_o So I don't know what the problem is there.

Misuzu Chan

Misuzu Chan

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 210 posts
  • LocationFrance.

A lot of people actually *liked* XII. O_o So I don't know what the problem is there.

FF XII isn't a reference. When you think "Final Fantasy" this isn't FF XII that immediately comes into your mind. This is a game somewhat forgotten compared to others.

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

Yeah, XII was my least favorite that wasn't a spin-off.  When you compare it to 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and even 13, IMO, it's so far behind.

Torres

Torres

Potato

• Members
  • 189 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Yeah, XII was my least favorite that wasn't a spin-off.  When you compare it to 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and even 13, IMO, it's so far behind.

XII is miles better than 13 IMO. The only real criticism I have for 12 was that the main character Vaan was pretty pointless and basically a background character after the first few hours of the storyline. 

13 started off well and you could generally keep up and understand what was going on for the first half of the story but somewhere along the way you just lose track of what the hell is going on. "I know this big . . . thing in front of me is an enemy, I'm just not sure why. How do I know he's an enemy? Because the frigging game just sent me into a battle with him!!"

I use strategy guides, after FF12 made it all but mandatory.  'Oh, you mean if I open this random chest an hour into the game I can't get the best weapon in the game?  Sweet'.  

Edit: hahaha actually this is another criticism of XII.

Edited by Torres, 09 April 2014 - 11:08 AM.