Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Colorist in need!

color manga

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Daruda

Daruda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationItaly

Hello everyone! 

I'm here to ask to everyone here if you could help me.
I'll get to the point, I'm a colorist, I love to color and I want to practice coloring manga pannels.
But my problem is that I don't know which manga color!

I need one with clear scans and fun  :]

Thanks!

Now Pixel artist
It's an awesome medium

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

how about some lineart? or do you really want to learn on the panels and stuff?

Spoiler

aovnZo7.png

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

What about these:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Kannade, 24 February 2014 - 11:22 PM.

Daruda

Daruda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationItaly

I'd really like to color manga pages, because I have now a decent level of ability on linearts.

Spoiler

So, I was searching something to stick with! A project... :D 

Now Pixel artist
It's an awesome medium

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Ah, so you want something like a whole manga to color eh? im not sure if i can help you with that :/

aovnZo7.png

OchaMeido❣

OchaMeido❣

The Head Maid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,728 posts
  • Location@ the Greenhouse Tea Party~

hmm... well all manga series you can do coloring on.. You need to find your own interest one.

And you have to remember to give the original artist their credit~

No one can help you if you dont give more detail as what manga you are looking to color

the genre, the author, ... etc..

ןן Tea Party~ ןן "THE BAR" ןן

ןןGuide to Uploading/deltin/sortin ןן

ןן[Must read] COMMENT SECTIONS RULES ן

Follow the comment sections' rules or else, you will be hanging at the edge of an cliff ^^
It maybe one step closer to death's door or an extension of your life's time.

Blique

Blique

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 11 posts

Assassination Classroom has wonderful quality scans. I think Kingdom does as well. Both are great manga. Horimiya might work too.

IseulNehaki

IseulNehaki

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Not sure what it is that you want to do. Authors, genres?

Assassination classroom has too many lineart and coloring will be a challenge if you like challenge, go ahead.

Posted Image
The night is just one way to escape.

αρняσɖιтє

αρняσɖιтє

Baked Potato

• Appreciation Scans
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationFish bowl

I think I understand what you're looking for. Basically, you want to find a manga scan that's cleaned and doesn't have too many specs; kind of like a line art (said by 2hot4you). The part where you said "manga color", I'm thinking that you don't know what color it should be...I'm assuming. 

But if I'm correct on the part of cleaned scans with no specs, then I guess I know what you're talking about. 

Basically, the user is looking for a manga scan that's HQ cleaned without any white/grey/black smudges or specs anywhere. So it could be easily colored without any extra details put out or sparks shown on the image. And when the user said manga color, its most likely saying that it doesn't know what color it should be. Although this person may be a colorist, but it may differ for each manga of what the color is. (this part is what I think the user is saying, I understand the cleaned part, just not the other question).

Third year of college

groups I work for:

Spoiler

Daruda

Daruda

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationItaly

I assume that I didn't explain well enough what I wanted...that's probaly my fault.
Sometimes, I really like to challenge myself and some years ago I tried to color a manga I loved "Air gear" (just 3-4 pages), obviously I failed lol

I wasn't good enough, but now I feel confident to do something like that.

Well, air gear ended, so I was searching for something with epic moments and well cleared. Not a lineart with pure black lines, but not even a pixelated JPG image.

And for linearts, somehow I don't really like traced linearts, like the one from a manga, dunnoh why.

Just name the first manga that you would like colored and is well cleared, don't waste time over it. :P

Now Pixel artist
It's an awesome medium

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild
So basically a high quality redrawn (finished?) manga?
Shouldnt be that hard, any genre?

- Molester man (though dif art style)

I completely forgot all my read manga right now..

Or try kingdom, though its not finished yet o/

Edited by 2hot4you, 27 February 2014 - 12:25 AM.

aovnZo7.png