Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

General Discussion

General discussion WCW

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long
Start talkin
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

It REALLY sucks when a pacifist makes you guilty for killing monsters.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

what cadence has this manga?

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationFrom Ravnica to Theros, from Innistrad to Kamigawa, I'm in no single place for too long

what cadence has this manga?

I suppose you're talking about translators and the group is Animexis. They're progressing as fast as they can but they need help
So Ulamog and Kozilek are dead, FOR GOOD. but Ugin made a good point: there's no telling how many eldrazi there are in the Blind Eternities and whether they will seek revenge.

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

no no i mean the manga... is it a monthly? a weekly? a onceinawhiley?

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

no no i mean the manga... is it a monthly? a weekly? a onceinawhiley?

it's monthly

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly
thanks!

manOfFewWords

manOfFewWords

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I thought this manga is bimonthly (once in two months), but maybe the mag turned into a monthly one (I don't remember).

Spoilers from untranslated chapters

Spoiler

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

so at the end of the day, no more witchcraft works scanlations?

The anime episoes are 4, the last one was released and dubbed yesterday (and i love it, expecially the ending song is great), but im craving for more manga! i wonder how far into the manga the anime season will cover?

1) I made the general discussion page so this type of conversation would be held there. 2) if WCW is getting licensed in English, there's a strong chance Animexis isn't gonna risk a lawsuit and will drop their translations and scanlations. Or it might end up like Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach; where they're still translated and scanlated even though they've been licensed

It's a good question, and hard to say. As far as the licensing thing goes...........frankly, I've seen the release of anime versions stall manga scanlation efforts just as often (if not more often) than the licensing of them has.  >_<

Tn7HA0h.png

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

It's a good question, and hard to say. As far as the licensing thing goes...........frankly, I've seen the release of anime versions stall manga scanlation efforts just as often (if not more often) than the licensing of them has.  >_<

I'm curious. What are some examples?

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

I'm curious. What are some examples?

Oh, just off the top of my head, KämpferHigh-School DxD and Maria Holic come to mind........of course the relation between the anime airing and loss of interest in the scanlating efforts on the manga is strictly my opinion too.

And those few really are just off the top of my head, I've personally noticed this a lot.........the anime comes out and all of a sudden releases start getting sporadic, slow to a crawl, or just stop altogether. I've for a fact seen it mentioned on scan group sites as part of the reason for ceasing scanlations in at least a few of the cases. 

Tn7HA0h.png

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly
which is strange... i mean, isnt the anime a strong advertising for the manga?
I would understand if the anime was so fast to cover the manga and the subbing manages to keep the pace that the anime eats the manga (like Uchuu Kyoudai), but now there is a pretty gap between manga and anime (at least as far as WCW is concerned)

edit: just went to animexis website, it seems that there are only two more chapters to scandalte, but they came out at sept, 2013... is it on hyatus?

Edited by maffa, 28 January 2014 - 10:36 AM.

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

which is strange... i mean, isnt the anime a strong advertising for the manga?I would understand if the anime was so fast to cover the manga and the subbing manages to keep the pace that the anime eats the manga (like Uchuu Kyoudai), but now there is a pretty gap between manga and anime (at least as far as WCW is concerned)edit: just went to animexis website, it seems that there are only two more chapters to scandalte, but they came out at sept, 2013... is it on hyatus?

http://raw.senmanga.com/Witchcraft_Works/ no it's not

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly
great :D

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

So, now we know for sure it's been licensed...... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-15/vertical-licenses-ajin-witchcraft-works-garden-of-words-manga

Tn7HA0h.png

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

crap.

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

So, now we know for sure it's been licensed...... http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2014-02-15/vertical-licenses-ajin-witchcraft-works-garden-of-words-manga

Fantastic

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts

Fantastic

In the "big picture" it should be considered a good thing. The title's been successful enough to be recognized by (and marketed to) a larger, paying audience. Good for them, good for the author.

I go back to my Kaibutsu Oujo/JManga example.........hey, awesome, I'll pay for the shit want, no problem.......just do it, get it translate, get it printed or online, and don't fucking lollygag around about it.  :D

Tn7HA0h.png

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
Nice foreshadowing on chapter 15

http://vatoto.com/read/_/125384/witch-craft-works_ch15_by_animexis/6

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

maffa

maffa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Locationitaly

It's not possibly his fault. It's mainly Kagari's and her mother's responsability for letting weekend and all the tower witches to do as they like around the city, AND not giving him any tool or knowledge to be able to cope with all possible crap that eventually came. 

MrAnarchist

MrAnarchist

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts

It's not possibly his fault. It's mainly Kagari's and her mother's responsability for letting weekend and all the tower witches to do as they like around the city, AND not giving him any tool or knowledge to be able to cope with all possible crap that eventually came.

True

10.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg