Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

[OOC] Les Chevaliers

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

shit, should i join this?

i'm trying to ignore the pull, but making a mecha is so fucking tempting.

the system though, i need to study it first. ?_?

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

It's nothing really complicated to require in depth study. 

Simple point allocation for your character and then buying parts. 

Stat Calculator does all the complex calculation. 

Edited by ЦарМаркоМудри, 21 January 2014 - 03:15 PM.

jhdesg.gif

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

out of curiosity, can my stats go to the minus when creating a weapon?

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

why would you want zero in a stat lol

btw, i think i have a pretty decent character, i will chip you to death!!!

Spoiler

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

To make free weapons, of course~

And I am still not sure I am going to join this. I tend to do badly on Sci-Fi RPs :(

Seriously though, I could make a 130 flat damage weapon (a sniper, of course) just by giving minuses on stats I don't need at that moment. Free of charge.

I will be vulnerable, of course, but 130 flat damage is HUGE. Besides, we can have 4 weapons. I don't mind having one that's a bit risky to use :3

Oh, by the way.. I was curious and run the calc for you.. I believe your power is 42, and not 26, KDP?

It's 3 x (10+4) = 42 :)

Edited by fayrbrant, 21 January 2014 - 05:00 PM.

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

To make free weapons, of course~
And I am still not sure I am going to join this. I tend to do badly on Sci-Fi RPs :(

Seriously though, I could make a 130 flat damage weapon (a sniper, of course) just by giving minuses on stats I don't need at that moment. Free of charge.
I will be vulnerable, of course, but 130 flat damage is HUGE. Besides, we can have 4 weapons. I don't mind having one that's a bit risky to use :3

Oh, by the way.. I was curious and run the calc for you.. I believe your power is 42, and not 26, KDP?
It's 3 x (10+4) = 42 :)

130 flat damage would mean a 7.500$ weapon. That's 75 points worth of penalty to make free. It will probably cripple you. 
But yes, you are free to make 0 cost weapons.

Also, Kid is at 3x (10+3) so its 39. 

Not sure how Kid got 26. 

PS. This is more of a space-fantasy than sci-fi.

PSS. Now I ran full comparison. Kid your Final/Current Stats should be:

39-POW 80-AGY 84-ACC 30-SPE 56-THO

Edited by ЦарМаркоМудри, 21 January 2014 - 05:20 PM.

jhdesg.gif

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

130 flat damage would mean a 7.500$ weapon. That's 75 points worth of penalty to make free. It will probably cripple you. 

Yup, I simulated a weapon that will give me:

-15 to str (is that allowed? sacraficing status-given str to get flat str?), -25 to speed, -25 to toughness, and -10 to agility

It WILL cripple me, as it made my STR and SPD essentially zero, aka no jump and no running XD

Uh.. okay? Will see what I can conjure up tomorrow.. I hope I don't make identical character with missy @.@

Also, I believe our parts can be upgraded as the RP goes further? What will happen to the old equipment when that happens? Scrapped for half the UC?

Diabolical Rhapsody

Diabolical Rhapsody

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • Locationin Oblivion, checking out the tapestry.

Do you mean example CS or some anime/manga reference?

Both will help immensely, plus a pic or place for Mecha pics. I am bad at searching that stuff. 

Spoiler

Edited by Diabolical Rhapsodii, 25 January 2014 - 06:13 PM.

giphy.gif

If you have the time: 

Spoiler

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Uh.. okay? Will see what I can conjure up tomorrow.. I hope I don't make identical character with missy @.@

Also, I believe our parts can be upgraded as the RP goes further? What will happen to the old equipment when that happens? Scrapped for half the UC?

You ditch old equipment and get a completely new one which you pay at full price. 

Parts which were used by one knight are completely used to other knights, and recycling them to be used for something else is too expensive so nobody bothers. 

Both will help immensely, plus a pic or place for Mecha pics. I am bad at searching that stuff. 

Spoiler

Can you check bonuses you get from armor parts? I'm getting slightly different values for Power, Agility and Toughness. 

Anyway, for image search you can use one of the booru sites (safebooru.org, danbooru.org, gelbooru.org, etc.) and use search term "mecha". The latter two are NSFW though so you might come across some freaky stuff xD

There's also Google. 

For anime/manga references...

You can check out Code Geass, mainly for mecha names and appearances.  

There's also Infinite Stratos  to get an idea how your armor materializes and average size of armor (though I warn you, anime itself is meh). 

The main inspiration was Fairytale for the Demon Lord, but it's not really mecha manhwa (did I spell this right?). 

I'll try to post example CS soon. 

Edited by ЦарМаркоМудри, 21 January 2014 - 08:46 PM.

jhdesg.gif

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
If I can find time, I'll have a CS up today.

As well, I might go a Geass-based character, if I can.

Edited by Trouble, 21 January 2014 - 07:36 PM.

tumblr_o3sndbSAhX1qctrupo2_500.gif

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

if you read, you only get one geass ability forever and you do not buy it at all, you keep it for yourself and nobody can copy your geass.........so how would you make a geass based character?

made edits

Spoiler

Edited by kiddeadpool, 21 January 2014 - 10:31 PM.

Spoiler

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!

if you read, you only get one geass ability forever and you do not buy it at all, you keep it for yourself and nobody can copy your geass.........so how would you make a geass based character?
made edits

Spoiler

Did you forget Isis' original Geass already?

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

Inumori

Inumori

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 66 posts
  • Location....good question.....

shit, should i join this?

i'm trying to ignore the pull, but making a mecha is so fucking tempting.

the system though, i need to study it first. ?_?

Join me daughter! I gotta make one, just getting the schedule set for it.

The Dog's Woods

Spoiler

An Adventure by Mischief

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts

Also, Kid is at 3x (10+3) so its 39. 

Not sure how Kid got 26. 

PSS. Now I ran full comparison. Kid your Final/Current Stats should be:

39-POW 80-AGY 84-ACC 30-SPE 56-THO

first part, i forgot to switch my toughness and power back lol. so i did and there is no way my accuracy is higher than my agility and my speed i made sure my stats worked towards evasion and landing hits.

Did you forget Isis' original Geass already?

who is isis and how can she have a geass when it was a new feature just added to the RP

if she is part of Code Geass then yeah, i know of leluch and that about it....i vaguely followed the series

Spoiler

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

first part, i forgot to switch my toughness and power back lol. so i did and there is no way my accuracy is higher than my agility and my speed i made sure my stats worked towards evasion and landing hits.

who is isis and how can she have a geass when it was a new feature just added to the RP

if she is part of Code Geass then yeah, i know of leluch and that about it....i vaguely followed the series

Aaah, sorry, I didn't pay attention and forgot that old CSs have stats distributed P>S>Ag>T>Ac and just mechanically added the values to calculator where they are P>Ag>Ac>S>T. My bad. 

You're still missing the Relationships field.

Edited by ЦарМаркоМудри, 21 January 2014 - 10:37 PM.

jhdesg.gif

Officer Judy Hopps

Officer Judy Hopps

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationWonderland!
Well, KDP, erm, lemme explain. Isis vi Britannia was part of an old OMF rp from ages ago. She had a Geass that essentially made someone's worst fears come to life in front of them in horrific realism.

Say, if you were afraid of spiders, she would create the illusion of your entire bedroom being filled with hordes of them, with the tactile sound of millions of arachnid crawling down from the countless webs, so many that the floor of your room would turn completely black as the wave closes in around you. As you vainly attempt to stomp out the ones that get too close, their numbers are far too overwhelmingly vast as they rush up your legs. Painfully biting with agonizing venom while wicked black widows, funnel spiders and camel spiders, some as large as a dinner plate try to force their way down your throat and into your eyes and ears while all you can do is silently scream.
If...er...Anima would let me have that Geass again.

Me, according to a Hero:

Spoiler

KDPtheKing

KDPtheKing

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 67 posts
Post the character sheet. The only problem AGAINST IT would be that you need a GM that is humble enough to allow you to bring to life a BIG cat's fears. Otherwise it's just fodder you can use it on
Spoiler

Crouching Bacon

Crouching Bacon

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 528 posts

Join me daughter! I gotta make one, just getting the schedule set for it.

alright~

this should be interesting, i suppose.

Posted Image "Don't make me ship you!"

ANIMA

ANIMA

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 27 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Well, KDP, erm, lemme explain. Isis vi Britannia was part of an old OMF rp from ages ago. She had a Geass that essentially made someone's worst fears come to life in front of them in horrific realism.

Say, if you were afraid of spiders, she would create the illusion of your entire bedroom being filled with hordes of them, with the tactile sound of millions of arachnid crawling down from the countless webs, so many that the floor of your room would turn completely black as the wave closes in around you. As you vainly attempt to stomp out the ones that get too close, their numbers are far too overwhelmingly vast as they rush up your legs. Painfully biting with agonizing venom while wicked black widows, funnel spiders and camel spiders, some as large as a dinner plate try to force their way down your throat and into your eyes and ears while all you can do is silently scream.
If...er...Anima would let me have that Geass again.

Sorry, but no. First of all, it would be useless against more important adversaries. Second, it's not a power suitable for Geass. Unlike powers from CG anime, Geass here is more combat oriented and less mind-screwy. If you wanted to use illusions they'd have to be more specific and less open-ended. 

jhdesg.gif

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Garm is back!

~WIP~

Spoiler