Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

If you had a kid what would you name him/her?

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Kirisute Gomen

Kirisute Gomen

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

Just something interesting considering picking a name for a child you might have one day or if you were given the honor to name someone elses kid and why you would name them.  Names do have meaning behind them even if we don't think about their meanings everyday.

Also if you have a child feel free to post the reason why you gave them their name.

If you are having troubles thinking of names heres good site with lists of male and female names.

http://random-name-generator.info/random/?n=10&g=1&st=3

Also a site that shows the origins of almost any name.

http://www.behindthename.com/name/vincent

Otherwise, feel free to come up with any name you think is awesome.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My top three for each gender:

Girls names: 

Reimi (not Aya don't know I confused the names)- named after the female lead in Star Ocean: The Last Hope (yes I'm a nerd), known for being reserved and beautiful, yet strong and able to take charge.

Lilliana- Don't know why but kind of the same reason as Aya its always stuck to me in that sense for some reason except she isn't a character in anything I remember.

Vanessa- after a friend of mine in highschool who was very kind and gentle person even to someone like me who wasn't necessarily friendly with anyone.

Boy's names:

Vincent- just because I've always paired this name with people being quick witted for some reason which is what I would want my son to be like.

Lance- same reason as Vincent

Leonhard- after Leonhard Euler a famous mathematician I have much respect for

Edited by Kirisute Gomen, 08 January 2014 - 11:32 AM.

Hoodsome

Hoodsome

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationGuadalcanal, Solomon Islands

If my first child is a boy I will name him Lee, then if my 2nd child is a girl I will name her Clementine.

Lauk

Lauk

Fingerling Potato

• Renzokusei Scans
  • 58 posts
  • Location~Nowhere~

If my first child is a boy I will name him Lee, then if my 2nd child is a girl I will name her Clementine.

If you were referencing to a certain game, then i give you props.

Anyways~
If it was a boy, It would be Eric, because a certain friend showed me a certain something involving babies, and if it was a girl, it would be Alice, because Alice is an awesome name for good reasons.

Edited by Lauk, 08 January 2014 - 10:20 AM.

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong
Boy: Zach
Girl: Shannon

super american-ey and typical, i know. :L

Glave

Glave

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 298 posts
  • LocationEverywhere in Nowhere

If girl, Helen. The name of Zeus's beautiful daughter, with the meaning of "bright". Or Hina, well-known for it's meaning "flower".

If boy, Noah. Or Alexander. Both name of a great men.

But well i'm only 22, and opinion of the wife should be taken into consideration, if the time comes.

I stressed it again, if the time comes.

Edited by Glave, 08 January 2014 - 10:47 AM.

Spoiler

KidCongo

KidCongo

Global Moderator

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,768 posts

For the boy, Sue.

For all those thinking of thanking me for the scanlations, I only upload them, and I'm just a mod here. Please leave a message on the actual groups' pages that do all the hard work.

phanta

phanta

Baked Potato

• MoonFlower Scans
  • 1,147 posts
  • LocationThe high ground

if it was a girl, it would be Alice, because Alice is an awesome name for good reasons.

^this. I've always liked the name, and Resident Evil is awesome.
If it was a boy I'd call him Luke (If you don't know why, I am disappoint)

penguin1.gif

~The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can't do~

Spoiler
Spoiler

Rainblergh

Rainblergh

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Locationat every wrong turn to take

Well I always liked gentlemanly people so for the boy names probably Charels or Jack (they're also characters from my favorite book), and for a girl Alex because it sounds powerful and badass :3

stripper_bunny.gif

Nirvanna

Nirvanna

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationInside your camera, yes i know everything

Hm... 

I would love to have twins in future once im married :)

If they were Both boys i'd name them Brylle/Kyle or Bryan/Brynn

If they were Both girls i'd name them Cieth/Keith or maybe Sylvie/Sylvia

other names i would probably name my kids 

Male

Maximus

Alexandar

Shadrok

Sky

Female

Ellie

Breanna

Lily

Alexandria

just thinking about their names already makes me excited hue hue hue  :batoto_010:

Mr. YaoiLongArms

qxvyif.png

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Locationhopefully not in the hands of confused lewd teenagers.

I live in a multicultural environment and so I want my kids to have multicultural names. For example Kim. Works for korean, english and vietnamese. Maya, works for japanese, english, thai. Haven't thought of a boys...

But then I'm still unsure, I have a couple of japanese names for boys though. Eita, Shun, Shu or Souta

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

I live in a multicultural environment and so I want my kids to have multicultural names. For example Kim. Works for korean, english and vietnamese. Maya, works for japanese, english, thai. Haven't thought of a boys...

But then I'm still unsure, I have a couple of japanese names for boys though. Eita, Shun, Shu or Souta

Maya would also work for french, but it's still not that common. :o

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Locationhopefully not in the hands of confused lewd teenagers.

uni sex names would be interesting too. Chris, Alex, Rielly/Riley, Ali, Andy, Angel, Kei, Haru, Kaoru, Riku....

so many to choose from D:

Lanfear

Lanfear

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,553 posts
  • LocationFanfiction.net

^this. I've always liked the name, and Resident Evil is awesome.
If it was a boy I'd call him Luke (If you don't know why, I am disappoint)

Same~ I love Alice. And Sarah. So if I had 2 daughters I would name them Alice and Sarah.

And if I had a boy I'd name him... Abraham! Ok not rlly. Or maybe yes.

tumblr_oj88tuwaZo1qh0pg6o1_250.gif

Sigrún Mercy

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

sailor mars if it's a girl, tuxedo kamen if it's a boy ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

kannade is gonna name his son kanye for sure

aovnZo7.png

⚡lightning07⚡

⚡lightning07⚡

Potato

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • LocationParadise city where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

But well i'm only 22, and opinion of the wife should be taken into consideration, if the time comes.

I must sadly agree if the time comes. However, in the small chance it does, for a guy, Pierce; girl, Shanon.
output_WD8IW0_zps24b345ad.gif
This amazing signature was made by Viscoun.

Kirisute Gomen

Kirisute Gomen

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 68 posts

Don't worry I know that feeling lol.  The thread is mostly to see the different characters in people honestly cause what you would name your child does show a lot of your own character.

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Supreme_Lurker_Primo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,703 posts
  • LocationSomewhere. Nowhere. Everywhere.

I have already though this before I think there a thread or similar topic here before...I like Ruka grew up in a multicultural setting

But for me if I have a girl it will be Lalalulu or Lala-Lulu, Onika, Lilith if there are twins it will be Lala and Lulu

For Boys Oniko or Netzach.  But I really do not any kids at this stage in life. probably will just adopt kids instead... 

the few names I will never name my kids are Alex/Alice because I cannot pronounce them right, they all sound the same to me. 

bhestw.jpgTincek-Marincek

Rainblergh

Rainblergh

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • Locationat every wrong turn to take

I have already though this before I think there a thread or similar topic here before...I like Ruka grew up in a multicultural setting

But for me if I have a girl it will be Lalalulu or Lala-Lulu, Onika, Lilith if there are twins it will be Lala and Lulu

For Boys Oniko or Netzach.  But I really do not any kids at this stage in life. probably will just adopt kids instead... 

the few names I will never name my kids are Alex/Alice because I cannot pronounce them right, they all sound the same to me. 

You'll definitely be a great parent androgynous one piece potato-san (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

stripper_bunny.gif

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

Leigh or Allen, doesn't matter if son or daughter.