Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Armchair Detectives Assemble.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Heretic

Heretic

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts

There are some loose ends that are getting to me, so let's make some sense of it all.

Mainly, who is Shibanmushi?

It's been weakly established that Marube isn't Shibanmushi, but Marube THAT timing of his suggest that shibanmushi and Marube are one in the same or they are cohorts.

Kurono

Kurono

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 14 posts

**POSSIBLE BIG SPOILERS**

As I posted before in the comments (before seeing this topic) Marube can't be Shibanmushi, as Marube is still trying to break Rika sexually, but Shibanmushi told her he/she wouldn't see her as a woman.

Also, Shibanmushi's purpose was to prove her that Amano wouldn't be able to see her as a man, not that he'd sell her out (as Marube just tricked everyone into thinking).

Their actions seem to overlap, but their intentions are different.
That said, no other character seems to fit Shibanmushi, with the exception of Inspector Yamashina.

If you all remember, Rika stabbed Shibanmushi in the abdomen when fighting in the maze under Ghost Tower, but while bathing Marube, he shows no signs of an injury or scar.
But then, in chapter 35 we see this revealing conversation:

X7hJyLe.png

So, I'm calling it now: Shibanmushi is Yamashina!!

Edited by Kurono, 10 February 2014 - 10:36 AM.

radinet

radinet

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Speculating this possibility as well...