Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Link back to manga page from the forums

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

remmy

remmy

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 35 posts

I'd be nice to have a link to the main manga page from the specific manga forum. Often times, I read a couple of chapters of the manga, then go to check out some posts about it. Once I'm done and I want to continue reading the manga, there's no link back to that manga's page from its discussion forum. I would have to type it in the search, which gets kinda tedious sometimes.

(Not sure if I'm even being coherent.)

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Well, coherent or not,  I certainly know what you mean. Many's the time I've been on a comic's forum and wanted/needed to go back to the main page from it.

I've personally always thought it was strange that there wasn't a direct path from a comic's forum to the comic itself. I've learned (if I'm accessing the forum from the comic page) to never left click and always open whichever forum page in another tab in order to save myself the trouble of having to do it later when I needed some detail from the manga/chapter itself for my post. 

Yup, completely agreed, a link to the main comic page on its forum pages would be greatly appreciated.

Tn7HA0h.png

Natureboy

Natureboy

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,162 posts
  • Locationdeep in the forest

Here I was expecting svines85 to tell us there was already a link back, and in location such 'n such. :)

I've looked for a link back to the main comic page. If nothing else, traversing between forum pages and front page comments would be easier with a link. Also reading the forums will sometimes provide a new insight or a fresh perspective that you'll want to explore by re-reading a portion of the comic. If the comic forum has a lot of content and you've read several pages deep, the browser "back" button can provide a cumbersome way to return to the comic--assuming you went to that forum from the front page in the first place.