Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Batoto front page latest updates bar

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Grumpy

Grumpy

RawR

• Administrators
  • 4,078 posts
  • LocationHere of course!

I'm sure all of you noticed the santa and snow on the front page by now. Normally, the front page is quite plain and maybe we should spice things up a bit. So, I'm wondering if I should do something like this every major holiday... but with the support of the graphix forum! (Because I don't want to make that, nor have the skills... I took that snowing gif from google and santa from somewhere...)

I'm thinking of something like a contest. People would submit their version of how the latest updates bar should look like, we vote on it, and we use it (and give a link as credit to the user's submission [could be submit page, deviant art, etc.]).

It doesn't have to look like the one we have now or be comprised of similar components. But, certain rules must be kept.

• It must be capable of dynamic width. Could be small as 400px wide, or even large as 100000000000px wide. Simplest solution would be to set a background.
  • It mustn't be very tall that it makes people scroll through it. I'd say maybe ~100px max height.
  • If it has parts overlaying on top (like the santa now), it shouldn't block any of the links on any circumstances.

Details of the contest aside, would people be interested?

powha

powha

Vocaloid

• Contrib Mods
  • 1,117 posts
  • LocationGensokyo

I think it would be nice, since like you said, it would spice up the front page and get the community involved.
Similar to stuff that other websites have, where users submit banners except in our case it would be the updates bar :D