Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What would you do if you gain The Gamer ability?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

wuhugm

wuhugm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 239 posts

I would increase my INT so I can learn more languages and a lil bit of other stats for survival purpose and then travel around the world

would increasing HP also increase lifespan?

Edited by wuhugm, 03 January 2014 - 04:42 PM.

Locomoto

Locomoto

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 80 posts
  • LocationGalaxy Station - Pluto

But the world is still the normal world without other ability users or dungeons

Basically you are the only DICER in the world

I would increase my INT so I can learn more languages and a lil bit of other stats for survival purpose and then travel around the world

How are you going to level up fast without monsters to hit? I suppose there is indeed quests, but it will be everyday quests that gives very little exp. I guess if it were me, I would increase my a little of everything, since all stats are useful in the real world. 

I don't think HP means lifespan, more like Hit Points. You are less likely to die when getting beaten up if your HP is high but lifespan? Hm. I think game characters live forever the same way till someone wipes the database your character is in. So I'd like to think that the MC won't die unless the planet is wiped off or Gaia takes away his ability.

Castle Code: 06150-10443-85193-92784

Completed Conquest and Birthright <3

Currently grinding in Hard/Casual (because grinding in Lunatic is madness)

logo-fef-revelation.png

grandexeno

grandexeno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

Guess INT and CHAR, for me: the best for work and lifestyle (I am intelllllligent AND people will listen to me)

INT also because it should give also  manapoints (guess it's related, isn't it?) that equals to more usages of skills.

The rest->grind training

wuhugm

wuhugm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 239 posts

How are you going to level up fast without monsters to hit? I suppose there is indeed quests, but it will be everyday quests that gives very little exp. I guess if it were me, I would increase my a little of everything, since all stats are useful in the real world. 

I don't think HP means lifespan, more like Hit Points. You are less likely to die when getting beaten up if your HP is high but lifespan? Hm. I think game characters live forever the same way till someone wipes the database your character is in. So I'd like to think that the MC won't die unless the planet is wiped off or Gaia takes away his ability.

Would killing real people considered killing monsters? lol~

Immortality included would be nice

The advantage of Gamer ability is you can do muscle training but not gain muscle and instead assign the experience point to intelligence and else, which is cool~ you can do things you like and then increase points for things you will never train for~

Guess INT and CHAR, for me: the best for work and lifestyle (I am intelllllligent AND people will listen to me)

INT also because it should give also  manapoints (guess it's related, isn't it?) that equals to more usages of skills.

The rest->grind training

Might wanna aim for presidency as well~

NoxDancer

NoxDancer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

attain godly levels of dexterity and wisdom until I was able to be in many places at once, or ome place many times over. This would manifest as the ability to make clones, the ability to raise ones density and strength (bulletproof?) and the ability to do a little bit of both at the same time, having your arms in several positions at once, (hindu god or Hekatonkheires style)

wuhugm

wuhugm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 239 posts

attain godly levels of dexterity and wisdom until I was able to be in many places at once, or ome place many times over. This would manifest as the ability to make clones, the ability to raise ones density and strength (bulletproof?) and the ability to do a little bit of both at the same time, having your arms in several positions at once, (hindu god or Hekatonkheires style)

pfffttt, that's just afterimages lol~

NoxDancer

NoxDancer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

if it were pure dex it would be, but wisdom is there too, its a magical ability :P

wuhugm

wuhugm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 239 posts

Holy crap..... that gamer ability is so broken

wonder what would happen next chap after his int reached 60

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

Honestly . . . aside from increasing my physical attributes I would be tempted to steal a few minor things. With the Inventory it is just way to easy. I would also use the inventory to store money and any important documents like birth certificate, passport, and SSN card.

Agonal

Agonal

Potato

• Members
  • 174 posts
I would (drum roll) spend every waking moment at the library .

Waits for the implications to sink in.

No, but seriously. I would mind-eat all the books i could to rapidly acquire all the worlds knowledge. After acquiring all that, and no doubt a large number of skills and stat points, i would focus on INT and WIS as my core stats and then set my sights on taking over the world. Bwa ha ha ha ha.

Ninjacat Dude

Ninjacat Dude

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 50 posts

No, but seriously. I would mind-eat all the books i could to rapidly acquire all the worlds knowledge. After acquiring all that, and no doubt a large number of skills and stat points, i would focus on INT and WIS as my core stats and then set my sights on taking over the world. Bwa ha ha ha ha.

I honestly don't care about ruling the world, but I would definitely mind read every book I could get my hands on

Let the future tell the truth, and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I have really worked, is mine.

Nikola Tesla

wuhugm

wuhugm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 239 posts

I hope sudden massive increase in INT won't cause any side effect like insanity or other mental health problem, like become too intelligent and realize that living is pointless and go suicide lol~

INVENTORY!!!!! This is already a superb ability on it's own!! You can become the greatest terrorist ever, bypassing any checkpoint and take out bazooka out of nowhere lol~ Can also steal shit~ Be a smuggler!~ Be a FedEx employee of the month!~ The applications are endless lol~

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

I'm confident that wouldn't work, given that Jee-Han is a student and therefore has to be in contact with books quite a lot, yet only gets the skill book message for superhuman techniques.

Personally I would do ordinary quests for a while to improve my incredibly shitty physical stats, then just build from there with basic training and ability expansion. I don't have convenient access to a superhuman martial arts school so I would concentrate on the mana-manipulation abilities that I already know how to acquire.

I'd also enjoy the automatic immunity to psychological status effects curing me of my various mental illnesses. 

Popcorn01

Popcorn01

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

Wouldn't ID Create allow for monsters to appear? I'd assume a 'dungeon' would have foes to grind off of.

I'm confident that wouldn't work, given that Jee-Han is a student and therefore has to be in contact with books quite a lot, yet only gets the skill book message for superhuman techniques.

Personally I would do ordinary quests for a while to improve my incredibly shitty physical stats, then just build from there with basic training and ability expansion. I don't have convenient access to a superhuman martial arts school so I would concentrate on the mana-manipulation abilities that I already know how to acquire.

I'd also enjoy the automatic immunity to psychological status effects curing me of my various mental illnesses. 

The books have to be 'skill books' I think. Of course, the story hasn't really gone far enough to determine whether or not an ordinary instruction manual would be considered a skill book ("You've obtained the skill book [Ikea Chair Construction Manual] - Would you like to learn the skill?"). Now I'm just wondering if he has a built-in map system in there as well.

Edited by Popcorn01, 13 January 2014 - 10:49 AM.

pamoogle

pamoogle

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

In terms of battle style, I'm a one-vs-many one-hit-KO kind of guy, super fast, super smooth finisher where they don't even know that they are already dead, at a cost of being less rounded and less defensively (and hp-wise (armor can resolve that to some degree)) able and again less able maybe against a smartly built/focused one-vs-one type.

Some form of super speed (so DEX probably) super str (which would probably also boost speed; kicking off the ground) build would definitely be fun. Would probably level up a decent bit of int&wiz to access status magic (and passive effects), to speed up and abuse status effects also. Focusing on no-weapons training mainly for real world benefit, then focusing on dual-style weapons for fighting and learn range skills that allow me to slice them from afar and rend spacetime and stuff like that.

However.. it's 2014, that wouldn't be much of a good investment (compounded) in the long run unless I got addicted to the violence and other pleasurable outcomes of my being so physically superlative, which is doubtful for many reasons.

So a more long term investment (compounded) orientated option would instead be some form of INT focused build merely for the passive effects.

And as partying seems possible, it would be better to abuse my reality-breaking skills, i.e. healing, so I'd probably go for a cleric-esque build initially, focusing on INT & WIS respectively and spending most of my time maximising said stats. Learn some attack magic skills, but strive mainly to learn healing skills, and privately get people to pay me millions to heal them and buy & stash ak47s and etc in my inventory just in case.

Spend some points on DEX (supposing it raises cast speed) and LUK (supposing it raises crit rate & rare item drops/encounters)slowly also, and eventually end up as a kind of speed caster, and eventually master Gate of Babylon-esque (and other AOE) attacks where I can barrage everyone to death.

Also maybe start a hedge fund and get uber rich through the stock market, maximise crafting and create uber cool weapons. Could probably take over the world or become a living God, but that sounds like it'd be a pain. So I'd probably focus on science and technology and release it publicly to increase the range of what I can explore (i.e. space). 

Alternatively..

High INT

High LUK

Mid WIZ

Some DEX

Gamble my way to everything I could ever want. Cooler but riskier.

Speed caster would be conservative, very little variance but constant rate. Gamble caster, high variance. Would probably go with something like this for yolo reasons.

Though that's just a basic analysis. For something like this, would do a fully in-depth analysis. Lots of math and graphs.

Edited by pamoogle, 17 January 2014 - 07:02 AM.

HailTheGamer

HailTheGamer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIllusion barrier

Would master stealth and assasination related skills and work towards destruction of the system and eradication of selfish people until Gaia would makes me go bye-bye one day, since I meddled with regular people afairs too much.

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

Would master stealth and assasination related skills and work towards destruction of the system and eradication of selfish people until Gaia would makes me go bye-bye one day, since I meddled with regular people afairs too much.

...Good thing you don't have the power then lol...Wonder what qualifications you have to be able to judge who is selfish and who isn't...I think I've read to many stories with your terrible ending and it's cliche.

Edited by fistsofrage, 17 January 2014 - 10:10 PM.

HailTheGamer

HailTheGamer

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationIllusion barrier

...Good thing you don't have the power then lol...Wonder what qualifications you have to be able to judge who is selfish and who isn't...I think I've read to many stories with your terrible ending and it's cliche.

No ending is terrible. The terrible part is born out of unmet/unrealistic expectations that our ego cooked up. Speaking about cooking, I never tasted ramen, so adding to my previous post, would love to get my hands on a cooking (crafting) skill-book that would let me master Japanese cuisine... ^_^

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

I'm not sure "The Gamer's Body" would have a lifespan.  You're immortal until you're killed . . . game characters aren't expecting to die in bed.  I mean, there's background data about the lifespan of game races, but I never heard of a MMORPG character actually aging except maybe from some kind of spell effect.

Yeah, I'd boost IQ too.  I'd go for a build with some roundedness, but emphasizing some kind of magical style of approach more than hand to hand.  Magic has more versatility.  I get the arguments about raw effectiveness in such games coming from specialization, but first that works better if you're part of a team rather than solo and second as the only person like that I'd be in a somewhat different situation from people in a normal game, where they're comparing against all the other people with the same basic abilities.  So I'd go for a fair range of capabilities, to be useful in assorted situations.  I'd definitely try for stealth.  I mean, if you're looking at game-like environments but if you die you're, like, dead, you want to play pretty conservatively.  Good stealth can save your butt if you get in over your head by accident, no matter how powerful the opposition.

If it weren't for Gaia I'd probably work on abilities that could net me wealth and power in the normal world--charisma-type abilities, divination/prediction abilities so I could play the markets and win . . . although come to think of it I'm not sure online roleplaying has a lot of those sorts of abilities.  But I'd still be trying to find abilities and skills with some kind of dual purpose, that would help me kick ass "in game" as it were, but that would also have normal world application.

For instance I'd totally grind craft skill.  That way I could make all kinds of cool stuff for my home, maybe make some money selling things and whatnot.  And also I could do whatever useful in-game things crafters turn out to be able to do.

It occurs to me that legality aside, it would be trivially easy to use the inventory capability to shoplift.  Pick up the valuable item, "put it away", walk out.  It's not in this dimension, won't bong alarms.  If someone's suspicious "Search me!  I have nothing!"  Although again, I suppose Gaia might get annoyed?

Oh yeah, just realized . . . OK, so I'd spend a bunch of effort becoming an awesome healer in hopes that there really are theoretically like youth-draining spells, which you can then heal a person from by restoring their youth.  I'd learn to heal my wife so she wouldn't age, because I don't know what I'd do if I stayed young and she got old and then died.

wuhugm

wuhugm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 239 posts

And as partying seems possible, it would be better to abuse my reality-breaking skills, i.e. healing, so I'd probably go for a cleric-esque build initially, focusing on INT & WIS respectively and spending most of my time maximising said stats. Learn some attack magic skills, but strive mainly to learn healing skills, and privately get people to pay me millions to heal them and buy & stash ak47s and etc in my inventory just in case.

Just lol~

That would be fun

No ending is terrible. The terrible part is born out of unmet/unrealistic expectations that our ego cooked up. Speaking about cooking, I never tasted ramen, so adding to my previous post, would love to get my hands on a cooking (crafting) skill-book that would let me master Japanese cuisine... ^_^

Being a master chef is guaranteed when you obtain Gamer ability, there are manuals everywhere lol

I'm not sure "The Gamer's Body" would have a lifespan.  You're immortal until you're killed . . . game characters aren't expecting to die in bed.  I mean, there's background data about the lifespan of game races, but I never heard of a MMORPG character actually aging except maybe from some kind of spell effect.

Yeah, I'd boost IQ too.  I'd go for a build with some roundedness, but emphasizing some kind of magical style of approach more than hand to hand.  Magic has more versatility.  I get the arguments about raw effectiveness in such games coming from specialization, but first that works better if you're part of a team rather than solo and second as the only person like that I'd be in a somewhat different situation from people in a normal game, where they're comparing against all the other people with the same basic abilities.  So I'd go for a fair range of capabilities, to be useful in assorted situations.  I'd definitely try for stealth.  I mean, if you're looking at game-like environments but if you die you're, like, dead, you want to play pretty conservatively.  Good stealth can save your butt if you get in over your head by accident, no matter how powerful the opposition.

If it weren't for Gaia I'd probably work on abilities that could net me wealth and power in the normal world--charisma-type abilities, divination/prediction abilities so I could play the markets and win . . . although come to think of it I'm not sure online roleplaying has a lot of those sorts of abilities.  But I'd still be trying to find abilities and skills with some kind of dual purpose, that would help me kick ass "in game" as it were, but that would also have normal world application.

For instance I'd totally grind craft skill.  That way I could make all kinds of cool stuff for my home, maybe make some money selling things and whatnot.  And also I could do whatever useful in-game things crafters turn out to be able to do.

It occurs to me that legality aside, it would be trivially easy to use the inventory capability to shoplift.  Pick up the valuable item, "put it away", walk out.  It's not in this dimension, won't bong alarms.  If someone's suspicious "Search me!  I have nothing!"  Although again, I suppose Gaia might get annoyed?

Oh yeah, just realized . . . OK, so I'd spend a bunch of effort becoming an awesome healer in hopes that there really are theoretically like youth-draining spells, which you can then heal a person from by restoring their youth.  I'd learn to heal my wife so she wouldn't age, because I don't know what I'd do if I stayed young and she got old and then died.

ahh, good ol' transmutation/crafting ability, gaia won't mind something like that I guess

stealth + assassination/stealing rocks