Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Interview Translation

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

ThunderCloud

ThunderCloud

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 10 posts

Thought I might as well post it here as well.

c6114cda81cb39db323b4f2cd2160924aa183021

I've only translated the last 3 paragraphs. The rest are kind of hard to read / potentially cut off.

3rd last paragraph.
Q: What did you pay the most attention to when you write?
Toshiyoki: I'm determined not to have developments explained by a character's lines like, "somehow my heart has been healed!" I want to convey the message with the characters' actions. Especially during a story's junction, I have to use other means to convey the story in addition to words. Otherwise, I feel that there would be no point in writing Koe no Katachi. Also, I want to write an entertaining work that's well received, so I want to include comical, charming character and manga like component as much as possible.

2nd last paragraph:
Q: Which manga has the most impact on you?
Toshiyoki: The manga I got into the most was 3x3 eyes. Yakumo was so cool, I love him (laugh). Takada Yuuzou sensei [author of 3x3 eyes] formed the foundation of the way I write characters.

Last paragraph:
Q: Even though I'm interested in future developments, I want to know approximately how long the story is planned to run for.
Toshiyoki: Short, 4 volumes. Long, 10 volumes. A nice target would be around 7 volumes? I've pretty much decided on what to write so I won't be able to drag it out for long. Though I say that, I'm actually worried about being cancelled (laugh).

anonymous preferred

anonymous preferred

Potato

• Donator
  • 170 posts
Thank you for sharing. =]

Edited by anonymous preferred, 24 December 2013 - 02:35 PM.

KeK

KeK

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • LocationCyberworld

Very interesting thanks for the translation. 

holanio

holanio

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 34 posts

Oh this is very nice =D Thanks for the translation~

Just a fellow scanlator in a scanlation community.

--sharing a bit of happiness--Gakuen Alice--I can't smile because of all these feels coming from everywhere.--

LossTention

LossTention

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Thanks for the Translation! CanĀ“t imagin that this manga will be cancelled, its one of the best ahave read. The auther is awesome for this being her first work.