Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

I Will Not Let An Exam Result Decide My Fate

test school struggle education dreams ......

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...

i know a lot of potatoes here are going to school, probably just wrapping-up some exams as i post this... 

Spoiler

will you chase your dream, do what motivates you or follow what reality dictates? will you let your exam results decide your fate? 

------------ 

im dedicating this to all of you potatoes who may or may not had spent a lot of time  reviewing, reading, practicing formulas and writing essays who just finished their exams... kudos!

oh yeah... keep reading mangas! ^^ that'll keep you sane.. ;)

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

it's the worst system, except for all the others.

the same shoe won't fit us all, but in the name of equality, they'll put us through the same system. so that instead of having some incredibly happy and some incredibly unhappy, they'll just feed a little discontent into everyone and leave it at that.

personally i feel i can do a lot better than my exams suggest, and a lot of my friends agree as well. so i'd agree with the guy in the video.

but i'm not brave or innovated (or even motivated) enough to pursue my own dream/business and become an entrepreneur or some kind of pioneer. being one is hard in a society with an economical system as large - but at the same time intricate - as ours, and it's only going to get harder.

so i'm going to go with the flow, put my head down and keep studying. because the hard truth is, it's all i know how to do.

Armed_Gunman

Armed_Gunman

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • LocationGreece
Yeah, let's not study, that 'll show them!
I really dislike such videos...
No one says get straight As and go college/uni.(actually colleges/uni's are becoming debt traps, so I'm more of a go STEM/Management or look for a job state of mind, but that sort of off topic)
"Followed my dream" scores pretty low on job applications.

Edited by Armed_Gunman, 23 December 2013 - 11:24 AM.

"What are you going to do, stab me?" - Stab Victim

Zeƒƒ Schrödingo

Zeƒƒ Schrödingo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,745 posts
  • Location64Pr^3n/Gd^4

Exam results , grades. They are just numbers.

there are more things that is important

This movie is my one and only answer. If you got time. Try watching it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3_Idiots

My Story on tapastic
etohaha_zps6dafd725.gif

LE SAD TRUTH

Spoiler

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

worst film i ever watched. f-cking hate musicals. shitty comedy too. absolutely no merits.

but the message behind it is pretty sound, at least.

Chilled SDK

Chilled SDK

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Location...

Exam results , grades. They are just numbers.

there are more things that is important

Cant count how many times Ive watched this movie. XD

Zeƒƒ Schrödingo

Zeƒƒ Schrödingo

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,745 posts
  • Location64Pr^3n/Gd^4

Cant count how many times Ive watched this movie. XD

me too!. it's very motivating for someone like me that is also taking engineering course. xD

My Story on tapastic
etohaha_zps6dafd725.gif

LE SAD TRUTH

Spoiler

Couch Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 3,043 posts

This has to be the stupidest video I've seen in a while. No wonder some wannabe rapper from African descent is behind it, as well as bunch of other monkeys. And he is from the UK on top of it where you are basically free to decide what A levels to take so he has no reason to complain, really. I will not even mention how easy further secondary education is in the UK and that you require just B+ for some nice universities.

And if anyone is so simple to complain that secondary education has English, Math and Science as core subjects, then they deserve to stay stupid. Drop out already and go apply for aids as I am sure at least half of the participants in the video are doing.

And if exams stress you out, and you are too thick and inexperienced. They are naught but one of the simplest difficulties in life.

The opinions expressed by this user are solely their own and do not express the views of Batoto and its staff.

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct

i think when we are too hung up on our grades that means we are unsure of our future.

i mean, if you know exactly what your dream and passion is, you wouldn't have the time to think about bad grades?

well personally i am REALLY unsure about my future since there seems like nothing i enjoy other than lazing around >__> 

Theoderich

Theoderich

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 83 posts

School is about life though. Most people forget that and send their kids unprepaired, left on their own devices. In return they will turn into kinds of zombies who just care about consume (clothes,music,games,alcohol,cigarettes and other drugs) and therefore failed as human creatures. To hide their miserable self they have to make others more miserable than themselves, bullying and excluding them from "class" and their private lives (which is,though, a good thing, because these people tend to become more righteous and caring through their own bad experiences).

The grades are biased anyway, I've seen enough people in class who wrote straight Es and got Bs or As on their report cards, just through talking after the teachers mind&mouth instead of having an own opinion (which brought me in dire straits because some teachers were biased against it despite propagating that having your own will and opinion is necessary and a key feature...).

The main problem is that,to follow your dreams, you need strong comrades. To attain them is nearly impossible if you're not working for the "Dark Side" like bankers, politicians,judges,lawyers and company bosses and trying to live a righteous life.

Society will always ignore you because nowadays, society itself is gone! People only care about themselves and their own problems, living in delusions created by power opression and excessive drug consumation(mostly, the weekly "getting drunk", more shameful than those living in the streets), being ignorant to truth and facts and minor in facts of voting (they don't get declared minor,though, to secure votes for the parties which are most corrupted and do propagate the most, and propaganda nowadays is more intensive and abundant than in the societies before the 2nd world war) which makes them lowlifes rather than enlightened people.

So,your future is already decided even before getting your exam results, the only question is: do you want that kind of future? Or do you want to grab your future with your own hands? If so, then stop the whining and philosophing, start your own party, capture all votes and end that eternal madness of pseudo-"democratic" republics, redo all of your lands laws and social systems, and head out into a golden future. That's a thing only those with burning passion and bright hope in their hearts can do, not those freaks who waste their poisoned breath spouting nonsense while living an eternally unhappy life.

Decide for yourselves: are you good, bad or evil? Just do me a favor: don't be normal, because they are the worst of all and their lifes are all worthless(If all people go with the flow, who creates that flow?eternal standstill like in a run-out hourglass...).

17.jpg

fishiiie

fishiiie

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 38 posts
  • LocationWhere there is cake

i know a lot of potatoes here are going to school, probably just wrapping-up some exams as i post this... 

Spoiler

will you chase your dream, do what motivates you or follow what reality dictates? will you let your exam results decide your fate? 

------------ 

im dedicating this to all of you potatoes who may or may not had spent a lot of time  reviewing, reading, practicing formulas and writing essays who just finished their exams... kudos!

oh yeah... keep reading mangas! ^^ that'll keep you sane.. ;)

Thank you mr. annihilator~ I know I get pretty depressed when I do poorly. Almost failed a course this semester, and I was close to breaking down LOL. BUT, thankfully I ended up with a C, and along with the grades from my other courses, my GPA didn't drop at all - instead it went up by .01! :) 

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...

Thank you mr. annihilator~ I know I get pretty depressed when I do poorly. Almost failed a course this semester, and I was close to breaking down LOL. BUT, thankfully I ended up with a C, and along with the grades from my other courses, my GPA didn't drop at all - instead it went up by .01! :) 

ur welcome potato.. ^^ do what you do best... ;)

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

Lustful

Lustful

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 606 posts

Well, fuck the exams, I have better things to do, like playing games, chasing skirts and the like.

Edited by Lustful, 24 December 2013 - 05:32 AM.