Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Is there a plot brewing up? (May contain Spoilers!!)

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

ClementIV

ClementIV

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
Considering chapters 9 and 10, there seems to be some sort of plot going on, on the sidelines of all the ecchiness that we are used to now.

What do you guys think? For some reason since Rito seems to be more aware of what is happening around him, especially the Harem idea, I wonder if if there is going to be a big plot development soon?

Loki

Loki

Fried Potato

• Contrib Mods
  • 932 posts
  • Locationgo figure
one can only hope i guess
Spoiler

cmertb

cmertb

Potato

• Contributor
  • 161 posts
The plot has been going on from chapter 1, I think the development has actually slowed down (if not stopped) in ch 10.

はりねずみは誇り高き鳥である。蹴らぬかぎり飛ばぬ。

My JPOP music subs (we consider requests too)

1R0NM0NK3Y

1R0NM0NK3Y

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I agree with you cmertb, I don't really feel like there has been any development in the story especially with the harem thing....but on the plus side I am looking forward to Yami's background story

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
Think may be picking up next chapter because of what happened at the end of this chapter.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Yeah I think this series is more plot-oriented while the last one was merely episode after episode. It's been revealing a lot of the background of the characters and actually put Rito's harem issue to the front.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

thearux

thearux

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 573 posts
  • LocationUruguay
I find this sequel more plot-wise than the prequel, and thats why I like it.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
but you'd actually have to read the fanservice-filled prequel to actually know the story. something like hayate no gotoku in a way, hundreds of rather fanservice/comedy/gag chapters until some arcs where things get serious.
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

Graeystone

Graeystone

Potato

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationNW PA
About the plot - Didn't Lala's father threaten to blow up the Earth if Rito didn't marry her? I wonder if that is going to be carried over to Darkness when he finds out what Momo is planning.

Posted Image

Power without Love leads to tyranny. Love without Power to protect will fade.

The only absolute thing about absolute techniques is that sooner or later somebody absolutely breaks them.

There are no fan-boys. Just an-girls who don't need a bra and their plumbing is on the outside.

greensoulreaper

greensoulreaper

Potato

• Contributor
  • 152 posts
In my opinion, TLR Darkness is going so much better than it's predecessor. There's something to look forward too, instead of just knowing the next chapter will be nothing but pointless ecchi mishaps. Don't get me wrong, ToLove Ru has always been about the ecchi stuff but at least now it's actually headed in a direction we can follow...

Edited by greensoulreaper, 02 February 2012 - 05:50 AM.

soranokira

soranokira

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 687 posts
about lala's father...everything will be solved if rito makes a harem like what momo says. (the emperor of the galaxy can have as many waifus as he wants. GO MOMO I CHEER FOR YOUR MASTERPLAN.)
Posted Image
Favorite Manga: Record of Fallen Vampire, Hayate the Combat Butler, Kekkaishi
Main reason: Akabara Strauss and plot/story flow, Tennousu Athena arc/Katsura Hinagiku, Kidoin Nura and story flow

ValorantX

ValorantX

Baked Potato

• Contributor
  • 1,601 posts
Lala might be ok with it but that doesn't necessarily mean everyone else will..... concubines doesn't necessarily coincide with the romantic culture on Earth.

"Once you label me you negate me." - Soren Kierkegaard

Valtim

Valtim

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in California~~
Even if the other girls are not okay with being concubines right now. That is the reason for Momos Harem Plan. For it to fully succeed the girls will have to accept being a concubine and the most crucial step is Yami's Heart. If she does revert back to the darkness and they somehow manage to get rid of her, i dont think Rito will accept the Harem Plan if anything happens to her.
.....~Insert Signature Here~.....

King91OM

King91OM

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationCity 17
This story certainly is better than the previous ones.. The plot is heavier (than the previous one) and it isn't just concentrating on ecchi stuffs.. This few chapter have already progress more than the first series IMO and quite a number of character have increase their development.. looking forward to more chapters.. XD

Dhoozy

Dhoozy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 42 posts
I gotta say I like this To Love Ru more mainly because Momo just rocks all sort of awesomeness. I do wonder if she actually gave him a blow job in the bathroom or something because ....well it just looks like it! I like Momo personaility more then Lala and I can't quite put my finger on why.

Crafty Cultist

Crafty Cultist

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIn the shadows, waiting...

I gotta say I like this To Love Ru more mainly because Momo just rocks all sort of awesomeness. I do wonder if she actually gave him a blow job in the bathroom or something because ....well it just looks like it! I like Momo personaility more then Lala and I can't quite put my finger on why.

It's because the cute innocent girl thing has been done already. Momo's main appeal is that she does the same thing, but knows exactly what she's doing.

crysdgon88

crysdgon88

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts
darkness sure make it more interesting than the prequel it focuses more on Rito having a harem, thanks to Momo.... harem is always all men dream cuz now they dun allow polygamy anymore in almost every country now, unlike the long forgotten past when men can have many wives and mistress....
I strongly support Momo plans and hope that it will come true.... all girls around Rito are super cute but Momo has what it takes to be a woman..... ha ha ha

-----I'll be No. 2 but NONE will be No. 1-----

Posted Image

junkmutt

junkmutt

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts
Of course there is a plot, why do you think I am reading this manga?

defry

defry

Potato

• Members
  • 153 posts
The plot is only useful for the harem ending.
I think people like this more than the prequel because it's once a month. If it's once a month then it means the plots have to go somewhere, there's not allot of space for gags. I do like plots and that the story's going somewhere but I liked the prequel's gags.

I am happy that the nurse-teacher might be included in the harem, mature older women in harems are great.

Well anyway, I just wish this was a weekly.

midnighteye

midnighteye

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
The way Yami was looking at Mea at the end...I think she realized Mea likes Rito. I wonder if she's going to ask Rito to spend some time with Mea.