Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

The inventory

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Abdullah

Abdullah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

I have a question about the inventory, do you it freezes time for example. he cooks some food then he leaves it in his inventory dose it rot or does it stay fresh 

what do you guys think ^_^

20.jpg

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

I expect so, but you never know. Sun-Il said that when Jee-Han accessed his inventory it felt like "dimensional magic", but that's the most information we have.

Firehorse32

Firehorse32

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

I suspect that anything in inventory is in a state of suspended time, its condition unchanging from the moment it was put into inventory.

"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

I'd agree.  We know he puts milk there.  If it's not time suspended . . . eeww.

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts
I haven't seen anything so far, but does anyone think that his Inventory has a max carrying capacity?

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

That's an interesting question. Do inventories normally have one in MMORPGs in the real world?

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

I haven't seen anything so far, but does anyone think that his Inventory has a max carrying capacity?

Yeah, I'm wondering that too. There are a couple of different types of capacity limitations, too. It might be that he can only hold as many different items as he has spaces in his inventory, or it might be that he can hold as much as he likes until he reaches a certain weight or item limit. Or it could be a combination of those systems.

What's interesting is that he put his backpack - which presumably contains other things - into his inventory. I'd like to see his inventory screen to see how it has registered.

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

That's an interesting question. Do inventories normally have one in MMORPGs in the real world?

Yeah, I'm wondering that too. There are a couple of different types of capacity limitations, too. It might be that he can only hold as many different items as he has spaces in his inventory, or it might be that he can hold as much as he likes until he reaches a certain weight or item limit. Or it could be a combination of those systems.

What's interesting is that he put his backpack - which presumably contains other things - into his inventory. I'd like to see his inventory screen to see how it has registered.

Some games have limit, like bag limit, item limit or weight limit.

For example, you cannot put more than 10 milks. This is called item limit. You cannot put more than 100 different items in 100 slots in inventory. This is bag limit. And you already know what mean about weight limit.

I guess we are really interested to know if his inventory have restrictions for this.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

It completely depends on what type of inventory it is. There are several different types that MMO's have:

1) Weight Inventory

Exactly what it sounds like. Common in D&D based games. Every object has a weight, and any character can carry any number of objects as long as they are under their weight limit. Depending on the game, you might simply be unable to carry more than the limit, or as you carry more, but your character gets attack/movement penalties at certain percentages (like 25% more than normal is a -1, 50% is -2, 75% is -3, at 100% you are totally unable to move until you drop items). I consider this to be the most likely, although it is impossible to tell at this point because everything he's stored so far weighs almost nothing, the bat is the heaviest item and that only weighs a few pounds. He'd probably have to stick 100 pounds of stuff in his inventory before he got any kind of penalty if this is the case.

2) Slot inventory

World of Warcraft style, the bulk of MMO's these days seem to use this type. Every item, regardless of size, weight or shape, takes exactly 1 slot, and you have a finite number of slots - usually this can be upgraded at certain levels or by buying/finding specific items. By putting his backpack into his inventory, that may actually have 'upgraded' its capacity by a few items. Generally small items like potions or arrows can be stacked into one slot (up to a certain limit for each slot, you might be able to store 100 arrows in 1 slot, but only 5 potions). Very commonly in older RPGs where each party member had a limited number of slots that they could equip items or take active items into combat in, and then you had a larger 'bag' or 'party inventory' where you could store infinite items, but could not access them in combat. (Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy had many iterations of this).

3) Size Inventory

From the interface this is almost completely impossible, but I'll list this here for completeness. Let's call this the 'Tetris inventory' (also sometimes known as Diablo-style inventory), if you prefer. Your inventory has a finite number of slots (usually in a square or rectangle). Each item has a certain size in slots. A rock would take 1 slot, a breastplate might take 12 slots in a 3x4 grid, and a longsword would take 8 slots in a 't' shape, 6 slots tall and with 2 slots for the crosspiece. Weight is irrelevant, as long as you can make the item fight in your backpack, you can carry it. Most games let you rotate non-square objects around so you can fit things in.

Edited by Olinser, 16 December 2013 - 02:27 AM.

grandexeno

grandexeno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 13 posts

maybe he needs to "pay" for additional "pages" or slots XD

Edited by grandexeno, 16 December 2013 - 01:16 PM.

Abdullah

Abdullah

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

I think if he increases his Str he might get extra slots or something like that.

20.jpg

wuhugm

wuhugm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 239 posts

This inventory alone can be considered a special ability

Imagine he stole some weapons from gunshop

and he can easily bypass any checkpoint

maybe he can even smuggle an illegal immigrant :D

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe