Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Anime or No Anime?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see a OnePunch-Man anime? (287 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see a OnePunch-Man anime?

1. Hells yeah! (171 votes [59.58%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 59.58%

2. No, it'll never do the series justice - they'll screw it up! (42 votes [14.63%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 14.63%

3. Maybe... Depends on how they make each episode. (74 votes [25.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 25.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

OnePunchManFan

OnePunchManFan

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • LocationFollowing Saitama...

Now that we're 5 volumes in with 30+ chapters, specials, and the series going strong, the big question hanging in the air is - When will OnePunch-Man become animated (if at all)? 

There's been talk about this before from downright support for an anime version to questions about how the chapters will be done especially the earlier chapters which had more of a slice-of-life feel to them.

Personally, I think an anime version is inevitable as many popular Jump series tend to become animated but what's your take on a OPM anime? Are you for it, against it, or sitting on the fence?

YUIOP10

YUIOP10

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 29 posts

I support it, but I believe that to attain max animation quality, they should limit each episode to cover around 2-3 chapters length and about 15-20 minutes long, and also have quite a few "filler" episodes which expand into the OPM universe such as the extra chapters which Murata draws.

k3roberos114

k3roberos114

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

With the pace the manga is moving on right now, I hope I'm still alive when the anime gets aired or even green lit. LOLZ 

Ludo

Ludo

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Locationportugal
1 chapter per episode is fine by me. As long as they stretch it with as much golden filler as Mr Murata so genialy does with his manga adaptation of the original.

B'Rat

B'Rat

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 8 posts

Well, I have mixed feelings about the question...

While I'd love to see this manga get the mass recognition it deserves (and an Anime surely helps a lot), I find very difficult that the animation can stand a chance in front of the awesomness of the art of Murata.

It's not just the level of the tract, but the very fact that he created some really cinematic-like sequences which convey some real action sense that I'd really hate to see ruined (or in an inferior quality version).

Just to give an idea of what videos fans made just by using the manga art (I counsel you to watch them in HD):

Awesome (with longer version, look for the Licenless Rider part!)
Wacky

A-tan

A-tan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

This discussion reminded me of Nichijou's anime.

If they can animate Onepanman with the quality it deserves, sure, why not. In fact, do it Japan.
If they can't...

At least they will make some merch like figures and what not, right? I mean they tried

I_enjoy_reading

I_enjoy_reading

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

I think this series will definately be an anime eventually.

I also believe Vinland Saga and Otoyomatagari will be anime soon enough, also.

also also also

Edited by I_enjoy_reading, 21 December 2013 - 03:20 AM.

Houken

Houken

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 22 posts

you want an anime seriously?

i dont know why at all. i bet 100bucks that NO ANIME can compare to Muratas amazing artist skills. 

i mean fkin look at the drawings. if the anime cant overpower the manga art there is no reason to watch it at all.

and i bet the anime makers will fck up again and totally change the mood of opm.

tl;dr NO ANIME!

steafen

steafen

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Locationdue to the nature of my work can't say

eh the art is amazing but I like the story more then the art. Plus one's art in the original kinda works better with the story it is not intended to be all awesome like more just funny random stuff. An anime might be nice but I doubt if it will happen, considering one punch man is just a side project one does.

Staw

Staw

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • LocationGreece

Well it sure is going to get an anime eventually but I believe it's too early right now. It would just catch up to the manga too fast due to the artist's way of drawing the panels. Just wait until it gets a little longer.

GZL2NIm.jpg

uchinakage

uchinakage

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

Sometimes I wonder if you guys that Murata has already done an anime (Eyeshield 21) which was drawn amazingly for its time.

Crimlight

Crimlight

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 16 posts

The only problem with that (for now at least) is there isn't enough content released so far (remake version), it's mostly a alot of double page spreads or fight scenes.  Unless you're wanting a mass amount of filter, I still think it should wait a year or two before trying an anime adapation.

Edited by Dinkum, 08 January 2014 - 12:38 PM.

ProverbialSquid

ProverbialSquid

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Unless it's an OVA with a huge budget, then I'm against it.

Rgal

Rgal

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

The only reliable way to not make something awesome is not trying to do anything. So yeah, if somebody makes Onepunch-Man anime, I will definitely watch it.

grumpasaurus

grumpasaurus

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationChicago

If it becomes an anime, the drawing atmosphere mood and music should be entirely serious.

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

I wonder who will voice saitama?

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler

Pure Darkness

Pure Darkness

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

those who are ok any any anime at all of this has never seen an anime and read the manga where the anime butchers the manga. one punch-man has a hard to do comedy in anime form it works out on manga because of the 1-2 page jokes but translating those jokes into 3-5 min skits becomes much harder than you think. and regardless of how hard they try to perfect comedy/serious ratio this manga has going on will be ruined by an anime. it might not be bad per say but you'll lose the feel you had with the manga for sure. and also if they don't over draw on the comedy they're gonna have lots of filler not only in episodes but also in each none filler episode. but then again that wouldn't be all bad if we could actually get to see genos being badass instead of a puching bag all the time. turns himself into a cyborg for ultimate strength and gets owned by EVERYONE.

all in all. im not against an anime but will probably never compare to the manga.

personally i would prefer it if any anime team that worked on it asked ONE and murata how they see the other heroes and what their backgrounds are and how they act off page so to speak so that we get accurate filler episodes that don't contradict future chapters from both murata and ONE. that way we aren't like you mess that character up, ect.

Death to Tsundere!!!!

Coralira

Coralira

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 96 posts
I'd like an OVA, I wouldn't mind if it got an anime but I don't think it would fit somehow.

patientlyWaiting

patientlyWaiting

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 10 posts

those who are ok any any anime at all of this has never seen an anime and read the manga where the anime butchers the manga. [...] 

I've read the fanlated (just made it up, but I'm sure I'm not the first) Campione! novels and watched the anime, and I can confidently say in all my years I have never seen a story butchered so horribly. Not even the Jurassic Park series (the books [only two were written -> mind you three movies were made] were really good) seemed to be as brutalized as Campione! But that could be because poor Godou is still fresh in my mind... who knows...

Even with that said, I'm still interested in seeing a adaptation of OPM. But I say that with the understanding that most (close to 99% of the) film/tv adaptations of books are not as good as the original. But that fact speaks more toward the limitations of the medium (a book/manga can spend a page or two on the characters inner thoughts/monologue while a film/anime would be considered boring if the whole movie/episode was a character talking to themselves) than anything. In fact the really good adaptations illustrate just how good the director's story telling ability truly is. But I digress...

I'd love to see the fights built up in all their cinematic glory for twenty two minutes only to end in a fraction of a second with one punch from a super plain balding former salary man.

Edited by patientlyWaiting, 14 February 2014 - 05:42 AM.

Posted Image

Miki

Miki

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 570 posts
  • LocationIn the trash....

a movie would be awesome >_<

I could die for it~

tumblr_mj1tf4Zx0V1s6wcafo1_500.gif                             tumblr_nda9f1laEv1s74qeso2_250.png

Spoiler