Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poor Bull....

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

clear

clear

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

We're only in Ch 3 and he's already in deep shit.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts
  • LocationManetheren, but more realistically Southern California

Well, I'd rather be in deep shit of Joukyuu's making than a stooge sidekick for some yakuza schmuck.  It's certainly more entertaining.

Archmage Lezard

Archmage Lezard

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts

... and this is how martial arts myths like Shen Long from Street Fighter get started, lol.

158349_v1.jpg

There is only one Swagamoto, and I am his prophet

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

Joukyuu is an evil, wicked, rotten, selfish, perverted bastard for doing that to poor Bull!!!

Which makes him a man after my own heart since those are the same words my sister uses to describe my BEST and MOST HONORABLE attributes!!!

Always yield to temptation, it may not come your way again!

Thank you for your attention.
We now return you to your regularly scheduled manga, already in progress.

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

I started thinking about Joukuu, and why he is so popular, even with me, a person not usually fond of the anti-hero.  The answer (for me, at least) is that he has a riotous sense of humor, and doesn't really take himself seriously.  The usual anti-hero is typically serious (especially about himself) to the point of being grim, and has all the sense of humor of a grouper.  Joukyuu, on the other hand, is something of a clown who derives intense amusement from everyone else's confusion over his antics.  He is also ridiculously open about his intentions and his motives.  Since he's extremely intelligent, he would have little trouble manipulating people through deceit and subterfuge, but what deceit he does employ could be seen through by a child of ten and is usually used to grab someone blinded by greed, so he can turn the tables on them and howl with laughter while rubbing the greedy one's nose in it.  (Pretty much like he did with the card sharp.)  He definitely isn't an altruist, but he's also not a cad that preys on the weak and innocent.

Is he egotistical?  Definitely, but it's almost like he's laughing at himself the whole time, as well as laughing at everyone else.  When Veronica sliced him up in the first story, the usual anti-hero would have brooded over vengeance and impugned honor.  Joukyuu eats everything in sight until he looks like a beach ball with lips.  While he's egotistical, he has far too much of a sense of humor to be a narcissist.

Does he look down on women?  Only in the same sense he looks down on men.  Face it, he looks down on everyone.  Most of the people he associates with are women.  His only "disciples" are women.  

I think that he actually has a moral code, although it certainly doesn't conform to anyone else's code and isn't readily understood by others.  One of the people he was especially cruel to was the sumo wrestler from the high school (I think his name was Dave).  His particular gripe with Dave was that he despised and used up his allies like they were dirt.  While Joukyuu definitely uses his allies (whom he sees as subordinates)  and doesn't go all caring and paterfamilias over them, he doesn't treat them like despised and disposable cannon fodder.  

Edited by Comadrin, 03 September 2014 - 11:49 AM.

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts
  • LocationMonitoring my network of hidden cameras in your bedrooms and bathrooms!

Wait a minute!   Joukyuu DOES have a male disciple!   Even though Bull is not actually a WILLING disciple, he is still treated with the same lack of concern that Joukyuu's female disciples are treated, with the exception of the sexual harassment,that is.

So...  With that in mind, you might should have the sympathy to say, "Poor Bull!  He doesn't even get the sexual attraction from Joukyuu that the ladies get from him!  Poor Bull!!!"

*Pervy starts snickering uncontrollably at this terrible way of tying this back to the main topic of this forum.*

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Great point, Pervy!  Joukyuu doesn't treat Bull as cannon fodder; he treats him as humor fodder.

Mohanned123

Mohanned123

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Can someone please advise me of a similar manga as Aiki :(

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Try the author's Tende Freeze.  No martial arts, but the same kind of characters and totally hilarious.

Cueballone

Cueballone

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationIlladelphia

Joukyuu is such a breath of fresh air of a MC for me... Been SOOO tired of the typical feminine, skinny, good-looking male lead that is scared of vagina.  I mean Joukyuu is everything I look for in a male lead of this genre.  He is laid back, funny, normal-looking, powerful, a dickhead, and most of all he is heterosexual.  I mean how many times are you gonna put all these smoking hott virgins dying for dick in front of the male MC and him not even think of smashing it? It almost seems like these other male MC's think they are too good for pussy.  I don't get it, and it really just makes it so unrealistic and stupid.  My only problem is they really seem to have scaled back on the sexual themes and nudity for whatever reason as of late.  In the beginning Joukyuu was smashing virgins left and right, now he hasnt gotten laid since he was in Veronica's castle.  But seriously, I love this dang series.  I hope the Author doenst let the foot off the gas.  I hope to see a three-way between Joukyuu, Veronica, and Kageyasu soon.. that'd be sweet.

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts

Joukyuu is such a breath of fresh air of a MC for me... Been SOOO tired of the typical feminine, skinny, good-looking male lead that is scared of vagina.  I mean Joukyuu is everything I look for in a male lead of this genre.  He is laid back, funny, normal-looking, powerful, a dickhead, and most of all he is heterosexual.  I mean how many times are you gonna put all these smoking hott virgins dying for dick in front of the male MC and him not even think of smashing it? It almost seems like these other male MC's think they are too good for pussy.  I don't get it, and it really just makes it so unrealistic and stupid.  My only problem is they really seem to have scaled back on the sexual themes and nudity for whatever reason as of late.  In the beginning Joukyuu was smashing virgins left and right, now he hasnt gotten laid since he was in Veronica's castle.  But seriously, I love this dang series.  I hope the Author doenst let the foot off the gas.  I hope to see a three-way between Joukyuu, Veronica, and Kageyasu soon.. that'd be sweet.

And to get back on topic...

I would also like to see that three-way...

But with POOR BULL having to watch without being able to participate!!!

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Pervy, I can really feel the uncontrollable sympathy that floods you when you think of poor Bull.  Of course, I was in the Marines for 20+ years, where the definition of sympathy is "It's in the dictionary, somewhere between shit and syphillis."

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts

My dad spent 30 years in the Navy and his best friend was a career Marine.  They used to get together and compete for which one could come up with the best insult of the other's branch of the service.  But I'm sure that in your 20+ years of service, you've probably heard them all anyway.

I spent one term in the Navy, myself, and would have made a career of it except that at that time, we weren't involved in any wars or conflicts anywhere and I got tired of the peacetime military's preoccupation with petty bullshit.  I served on a ship that had the CLEANEST engine room in the fleet.  But it ran like shit because we spent all of our time cleaning and painting and very little to no time on actual maintenance.

But back on topic...

POOR BULL will most likely get the SHIT kicked out of him along with catching SYPHILLIS from the ass-fucking that his opponents will hand to him!

(How's THAT for tying this to your post, my friend?)

PervySageChuck

PervySageChuck

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 638 posts

POOR BULL!!!

Spoiler

Comadrin

Comadrin

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 799 posts

Yeah, I think Bull has just about gone through everything there is to be surprised about.