Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Setting language preference

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

shadowmonk

shadowmonk

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
This was touched on in the "spanish version" thread but I wanted to create a more specific thread for this suggestion.

Since Batoto appears to cater to the whole of the foreign comic reading community, allowing non-english groups to upload in their native languages, would it be possible for a language preference setting? I am thinking of something similar to mangashare's "english only" selection where it hides the non-english releases. Obviously it would need to be more inclusive due to the focus on a broader audience, but the ability to set a preferred language would allow for less cluttered comic pages and also less "false alarms" on the watch list (seeing an update only to realize you can't understand it). On the comic pages this could be accomplished with a collapsible menu system where each language is in it's own section and the preferred language is exploded and the others are left collapsed. This would allow for viewing of all languages on the comic page if wanted, but the preferred language would stand out. As for the watch list, since language appears to be required when uploading a comic it should be easier to implement (maybe).

Thank you for reading this over and I hope this is considered down the line.

If parts of this are already implemented where are the settings because I obviously can't locate them.

undead fish

undead fish

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationBavaria
I like the idea!

danny.domb

danny.domb

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Strike that... Just found out how...

Thank you everyone for this awesome website/forum!

Keep up the good work!

Edited by danny.domb, 07 April 2012 - 02:47 AM.

Naturally

Naturally

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
Is it still not possible to set my preferred language? If it is, can someone tell me how, please.

raenef

raenef

Potato

• Validating
  • 101 posts
this is the x^n post to this question, i think the day before yesterday was the last one, there is not yet an option to put preferences for a language on the main page or the not popping up of the series if they are uploaded in another language like spanish

tx for not scrolling down a bit ^^
Typesetter & Redrawer for CWL

askara

askara

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
what you mean by

not yet an option to put preferences for a language on the main page

that why he was asking for it. and like you said, it has be suggested like a million times, and i wonder why it hasnt been implemented yet. i dont it that will be too hard.