Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Do you think that he can add people to his 'party'?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

solderblue

solderblue

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
First time posting anywhere in general, but i have to say that the latest raw chapter is indeed looking great. Finally someone else can get a glimpse of the gamer's greatness.
I can't help shivering, thinking about the possiblities XD

if there are gonna be parties, will there then be... guilds?

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

First time posting anywhere in general, but i have to say that the latest raw chapter is indeed looking great. Finally someone else can get a glimpse of the gamer's greatness.
I can't help shivering, thinking about the possiblities XD

if there are gonna be parties, will there then be... guilds?

There already appear to be.

You've got the Chubumoon, the Soul Blaze Fist users, whatever faction the Black Summoner works for, and the as-yet-unseen 'existence eaters' commented on earlier.

Also, I TOTALLY CALLED IT.

It appears that in the latest chapter, he appears that he HAS indeed added Sun-Il to his party.

Celebratory fist pump!

p(o.o)p  P(o.o)P p(o.o)p P(o.o)P

bkaa22

bkaa22

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 219 posts

There already appear to be.

You've got the Chubumoon, the Soul Blaze Fist users, whatever faction the Black Summoner works for, and the as-yet-unseen 'existence eaters' commented on earlier.

Also, I TOTALLY CALLED IT.

It appears that in the latest chapter, he appears that he HAS indeed added Sun-Il to his party.

Celebratory fist pump!

p(o.o)p  P(o.o)P p(o.o)p P(o.o)P

The question is, at least for me, will Jee-Han be able to see his friend's stats? That will be what I would like to see. Any other predictions about the benefits of having a party? Synergy bonuses, etc.

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

The question is, at least for me, will Jee-Han be able to see his friend's stats? That will be what I would like to see. Any other predictions about the benefits of having a party? Synergy bonuses, etc.

Possibilities:

1) His friend being able to level up just as easily (not guaranteed - in many RPGs guest party members cannot level up)

2) His friend being able to learn abilities from skill books like Jee-Han

3) His friend learning passive skills

4) His friend getting similar HP/Mana regeneration to Jee-Han (for instance, his friend was going to be injured for a month before he healed him, while Jee-Han completely recovers to full health after 1 night's sleep regardless of injuries).

5) Possibly able to perform Combo Attacks with the 2 of them

God-Emperor

God-Emperor

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,729 posts
  • LocationRelaxing inside of trees of 77th Floor and reading something.

Don't forget they didn't see the window inventory when Jee-Han used that to bring bat in front of elder of Chumbumoon or whatever.

Now Jee-Han added his friend to party guess now he can see his own status level if he belong to party of Jee-Han since the ability of Jee-Han can extent to his friend if he can accept to be in same party. I'm curious to see what he can see in next chapter.

It's more likely for his friend to check his own skills, level, status and whatever and probably can access same inventory of Jee-Han since they share same inventory.

Possibilities:

1) His friend being able to level up just as easily (not guaranteed - in many RPGs guest party members cannot level up)

4) His friend getting similar HP/Mana regeneration to Jee-Han (for instance, his friend was going to be injured for a month before he healed him, while Jee-Han completely recovers to full health after 1 night's sleep regardless of injuries).

5) Possibly able to perform Combo Attacks with the 2 of them

About possibility 1, he can level up but cannot distribute stat points like mostly games, only Jee-Han can do it since he is main character and retain the ability. Or once he level up, his stat points are distributed in automatic way like before he was added in party but now he can know what points goes into what stats.

2 and 3 looks like they have little chance to happen because he was raised with martial arts, unless it's related to martial arts. We need to wait to see if this happens.

4 can happen because Jee-Han ability extend to him but I don't think so, who knows? If this can happen, guess once Jee-Han delete him from party, he is going to return from normal way and recover from injuries in normal way.

5 - This happen in some games, some include this system while others don't include this system. We need to wait but all say this can happen like in Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenosaga and other games. Sometimes combo/combination attack is better than single attack because this way deals more damage.

wuhugm

wuhugm

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 239 posts

HE CREATED A PARTY!!!

TheDefend

TheDefend

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 31 posts
HOLY CRAP. IT REALLY DOES

Purple Library Guy

Purple Library Guy

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 695 posts
  • LocationCheck Rivendell, or Vorbarr Sultana, or Adrilankha. No? Try Vancouver.

Yeah.  The look on Sun-Il's face when he actually sees the little pop-up message is priceless.  This is the first time someone else has seen directly some of Jee-Han's gamer stuff.  They've seen him do impressive things, but they can do impressive things too; really seeing the "Gamer" quality of it popping up right in front of you is something else.

solderblue

solderblue

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
I imagine that Jee-han is the party leader given he is The Game and he created the party, but if he leaves the party, will the whole party be disbanded? or will Sun-Il become the next party leader?

Cause my experience with mmorpg is mainly maplestory and that is how the party system works when the the leader quits, someone else just takes it on.

And if it works like how maplestory does, he would be able to use a kind of party chat, party buffs, know their locations, etc

that would be interesting :D

Trevor Smith

Trevor Smith

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

Party Mechanics will probably work like Korean MMORPGs.  In effect, if the party is larger than 2 people, then someone else is elected to be the leader of the party, but if there are only 2 people in the party, when you leave the party, it gets disbanded, regardless of whether or not the leader leaves or the other person.    Honestly though, I agree with purple library guy.  The look on Sun-Il's face had me roflmao for a good 2 minutes.  It reminded me that even though they all have quite powerful abilities, it's still somewhat rationalized.  And then a screen just pops up in mid air...  @.@

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

A question from a noob (me): when people ride on a bus in games, does the bus reap any reward? I mean, it is not a great problem for Sun-il to lend Jee-han a hand: they are best friends and Sun-il owes him one for being healed by Jee-han. But still, he is a level 29 who can probably crush zombies like normal people swat flies. Jee-han would probably just stand in the way. It would be even worse in a real fight. I can understand a high-level player being helped by several low-level players, or two players partying together for mutual benefit when the gap in power is not great and the skills are complementary. But here, even Sun-il lowest stats are probably higher than Jee-han's highest.

In other words: if you were high-level players, would you accept to be the bus to a low-level like Jee-han if he were not your friend? Or would such a party be one-sided in its benefits to the low-level?

In any case, I am going to enjoy the next chapter, we are going to see Sun-il fight (well, I'm sure he won't have to use his best techniques on a bunch of sluggish zombies).

joshue020

joshue020

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 273 posts
  • Location134th Floor

his ability is broken LOL..

Although is the zombie the only mobs he can grind on..

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

A question from a noob (me): when people ride on a bus in games, does the bus reap any reward? I mean, it is not a great problem for Sun-il to lend Jee-han a hand: they are best friends and Sun-il owes him one for being healed by Jee-han. But still, he is a level 29 who can probably crush zombies like normal people swat flies. Jee-han would probably just stand in the way. It would be even worse in a real fight. I can understand a high-level player being helped by several low-level players, or two players partying together for mutual benefit when the gap in power is not great and the skills are complementary. But here, even Sun-il lowest stats are probably higher than Jee-han's highest.

In other words: if you were high-level players, would you accept to be the bus to a low-level like Jee-han if he were not your friend? Or would such a party be one-sided in its benefits to the low-level?

In any case, I am going to enjoy the next chapter, we are going to see Sun-il fight (well, I'm sure he won't have to use his best techniques on a bunch of sluggish zombies).

'Riding a bus' isn't a very common term. 'Power Leveling' is the much more common term.

And no, generally, nobody power levels lower characters for free unless they are their friends, or friend's friends, because there is almost zero benefit for the higher level character (except money that the monsters drop, but he could farm it just as easily on his own). However, there are people that SELL power-leveling services.

The whole point is that while in a party with a higher level character, the lower level character generally gets significantly less experience per monster killed. The monsters fought are so much lower than the high character's level that he receives none, or a very tiny amount of EXP. HOWEVER, the higher level character can kill a huge amount of monsters very quickly. The higher level character can also solo dungeons and bosses intended for a large party of lower-level characters, allowing the lower level character to quickly gather much more powerful items than they could alone.

If the character is high enough, he can literally run through an entire dungeon in a couple minutes and draw every single monster to a single point before blasting them all at once with an AOE attack.

For instance, I was leveling a couple alts in World of Warcraft. Alone, it took me about 10 days (240 hours ) of playing time to get a character from 1-60. When I got a buddy to power level me by doing exactly what Sun-Il is about to do, I did another character from 1-60 in 3.5 days (84 hours) of game time. Literally 3 times as fast.

To put numbers on it. Let's say that there are 50 zombies in a dungeon, each is worth 400 exp, and Jee-Han takes an hour to clear the dungeon. So he is getting 20,000 EXP per hour.

If he parties with Sun-Il, let's say that his EXP per zombie goes down to 150 each. However, le's say Sun-Il can clear the dungeon in 10 minutes. Jee-Han is getting only 7,500 EXP per dungeon now, but he can clear SIX of them in an hour. So despite getting less than half the EXP per monster kill, he is now getting 45,000 exp per hour, over DOUBLE the amount he was before. If he is still getting the same amount of EXP per zombie (unlikely, but possible), then that means he would be getting an amazing 120,000 EXP per hour!

The other aspect of power leveling that isn't really mentioned is that the higher level player can help them clear quests significantly higher level than the character currently is, reaping much greater rewards.

In short, power leveling is awesome. Given the speed Jee-Han is already leveling, I'd guess that Sun-Il could power level Jee-Han to the mid-20's in less than a week.

Edited by Olinser, 27 December 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Stephen595

Stephen595

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I can't wait to see exactly how the party mechanics work. I wonder how xp is shared. With the limited number of monsters to fight it could actually be less efficient then fighting them himself (unless he can find more, but that could become a problem.) It will certainly be faster though.

Edited by Stephen595, 27 December 2013 - 05:18 PM.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

@Olinser:

I see. But isn't it boring on the low-level character just to cross arms while the friend clears everything ahead? I mean, I guess Jee-han doesn't reap much fun from killing zombies at this point (it is already routine for him, although his face on chapter 16 somewhat contradicts this impression), so having a powerful friend make things move faster makes total sense.

However, I wonder whether, if I played games, I would like having a friend clearing a boss or enemy I have never met. Don't players get their kicks from facing a new enemy and winning due to their strategy and cunning?

(Of course, in this series facing an unknown enemy might mean death, so I don't think "having fun" is something that figures high on Jee-han's mind.)

Olinser

Olinser

Potato

• Members
  • 144 posts

@Olinser:

I see. But isn't it boring on the low-level character just to cross arms while the friend clears everything ahead? I mean, I guess Jee-han doesn't reap much fun from killing zombies at this point (it is already routine for him, although his face on chapter 16 somewhat contradicts this impression), so having a powerful friend make things move faster makes total sense.

However, I wonder whether, if I played games, I would like having a friend clearing a boss or enemy I have never met. Don't players get their kicks from facing a new enemy and winning due to their strategy and cunning?

(Of course, in this series facing an unknown enemy might mean death, so I don't think "having fun" is something that figures high on Jee-han's mind.)

Power-Leveling is generally for people that want to get to max level as quickly as possible.

Grinding is boring. Power leveling makes the grind go quicker.

What's boring is clearing pointless low-level quests and dungeons until they can get to the exciting stuff at high level. In MMO's, low level bosses and dungeons aren't particularly challenging or tough to beat - they're designed for players starting out, after all. It's not until you get towards max level that they start to get legitimately tough.

Also, especially in MMO's when leveling a 2nd, 3rd, or 4th character, you've already done it all multiple times. You want to get to the good stuff.

Amplify

Amplify

Potato

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationEngland

Personally, I've never once powerleveled and always complete every new quest along the way and don't even mind bringing strangers along to get them through quickly if that's what they want. Perhaps I'm just weird.

It's more about trying all sorts of things and refreshing my memory about the earlier stuff too. Sure, the high level stuff is interesting but if that's all I ever did I'd get bored pretty fast. Redoing the whole low level experience again keeps things fresh for me. (Ideally, with some transferred equipment I'd have never had the first time so I can experience having it the second time around.)

Plus I like to meet / befriend newbies, give them advice etc. Don't meet a whole lot of those in high level areas.

Edited by Amplify, 27 December 2013 - 06:05 PM.

MagicWafflez

MagicWafflez

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • LocationOhio

In my games we always call it "leeching"

and no, the high-level players don't get exp; at least they get a lot less exp than they would get if they were alone.

Usually you can offer high level players money in return for a leech. or they offer it as a service;

for example: when I played Maple Story, you could buy a Big Foot leech for somewhere between 14 to 20mill mesos. a warrior would get BigFoot almost dead, then leave and let you kill it. You could also buy continuious (non-monster specific) leeching by the level. (it cost more the higher level you are) In that case, you hang on a rope and they level you up through partying while you are afk or what ever.

but yeah, for the most part it's between friends; but even if it's a business deal it's better to got through trusted circles for that sort of thing so you don't get ripped off.

Talek

Talek

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
Just being in the same party and getting exp from party member clearing a dungeon nearby
Just how will the party to mechanics work!

Edited by Talek, 04 January 2014 - 01:13 PM.

freakyguy

freakyguy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 18 posts

I'm assuming that creating a "party/bus" will activate a boss zombie. There are game like that, also once he defeat that boss zombie he will be able to encounter different raid/dungeon.