Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Isn't it weird?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

NamelessMapler

NamelessMapler

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 47 posts

I've noticed this from ever since Pedro was introduced, but are they really okay with having a rapist as their friend and harboring him? I know that it isn't supposed to be a MAJOR factor and that it's for comedy relief but, it was just bothering me.

I am AKA: Spearsmen620
Spoiler

If you play ExtaliaMS, Sub me on YouTube!

Lucifer

Lucifer

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 658 posts

Well, how about if we turn it around-

-If Pedro was female would it still be an issue/weird? (Lesbian or not)

Happines and Light needs a source to exist
Hatred fuels itself and Darkness exist where there is no Light

Wizard's Rules
Spoiler

DKamar

DKamar

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

Well, how about if we turn it around-

-If Pedro was female would it still be an issue/weird? (Lesbian or not)

Uh.

Yeah?

I'm worried if you think it wouldn't be.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

mutou failed at seducing him. thus pedro was forced to stay, so he could get daily punishments for his sins.

it also served as a motivating factor for the younger boys, they all made sure to train well.

you should have noticed how there hasn't been a single (man)rape incident since pedro was forced to join the 2nd karate club. it's not that it's ok for him to stay there, it's more like he'd be more dangerous in any other place. since no student at a sports college would shame themselves by reporting that they were weak enough to be raped by a foreigner.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

Kuroiikawa

Kuroiikawa

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • LocationXillia

I think that Pedro is being kept in check by being in the karate club. Granted, he's still interested in little boys and should probably be registered as a sex offender if he isn't already, but I'm pretty sure as of now, he's harmless to those who don't want him. On the other hand, I don't really think shunning him would help the situation. He's probably still on the prowl for little boys. 

cmertb

cmertb

Potato

• Contributor
  • 161 posts

What "little boys"? Pedro hasn't raped anyone who was underage yet. He's just a gay rapist, not necessarily a pedophile.

はりねずみは誇り高き鳥である。蹴らぬかぎり飛ばぬ。

My JPOP music subs (we consider requests too)

kabob

kabob

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

I think the OP is wondering-- and I am, too-- why the hell he didn't get arrested and isn't currently spending time in jail. But I can see the Japanese turning a blind eye to the incidents if someone didn't come forward or if the university wished to avoid a scandal.

Yaomo

Yaomo

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,757 posts
  • Locationwathcing you from some place far away

I think the OP is wondering-- and I am, too-- why the hell he didn't get arrested and isn't currently spending time in jail. But I can see the Japanese turning a blind eye to the incidents if someone didn't come forward or if the university wished to avoid a scandal.

no student at a sports college would shame themselves by reporting that they were weak enough to be raped by a foreigner.

also, he probably didn't leave any other marks than a sore anus and the semen, so it might be really difficult to prove that it was rape.

あっ ちょっと死んじまった

kabob

kabob

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

No, no, bruising from forced entry plus DNA evidence is plenty. Nobody randomly has violent sex in the middle of the night while walking home by a masked stranger. Are you kidding me, who wouldn't believe that wasn't rape?

theroachoftime

theroachoftime

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

yeah i love this manga, but the whole pedro thing really bothers me. on several levels. the biggest being that rape is not something to be played for lighthearted gags and the prick should be serving jail time, but also that the character is an expression of racism, homophobia, and anti-foreigner sentiment. i'm just glad that you barely see him anymore as the manga is pretty great otherwise. would be nice if he got sent to jail or beaten to death or something though.

destabilized

destabilized

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

would be nice if he got sent to jail or beaten to death or something though.

Word

valaskjalf

valaskjalf

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Women didn't get raped so it's ok.

top kek

Aronin

Aronin

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
I really love KSKM but it did really bother me seeing how the Pedro situation played out.. Personally I think rape is always going to be a touchy subject (as well it should be) so as for it's use as a plot device, I think it should only be carefully considered if it's truly advancing a storyline. That being said, I think it was something that did ultimately advance the story and the character of Pedro. I was utterly outraged at this sickos behavior and desperately wanted either Mutou or Kengo to crush him! When revenge wasn't taken I was let down a bit. His induction into the 2nd Karate club did increase their strength ultimately and I do believe that is the only place where he can exist without jeopardizing the safety of other students and citizenry of Tokyo as a whole. I would like to think his time in the club has changed him and he has been a source for some of the most comical scenes to come out of KSKM so I have to believe Baba Yasushi knew what he was doing in the end!

Edited by Aronin, 27 October 2016 - 05:18 PM.

ThinkPositive

ThinkPositive

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNorway

Let's not judge the rapist, but train him to become physically superior! ~manga logics

kumabaka

kumabaka

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Let's not judge the rapist, but train him to become physically superior! ~manga logics

you're right.

it's manga logic. if you don't like it, don't read it.

i reckon there is this manga/anime, that a father makes a mecha, and force his kid to fight a giant/weird thing with that mecha. also there is this super machine that dotted a bald guy up to the point he's become servant in his house just because he want to copy this bald guy power, tell me that's not a stalker.

Wul

Wul

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationSpain
The Pedro arch was probably the main reason for this manga not getting an anime. In the end Pedro even screwed the author.

CerealFiggus

CerealFiggus

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

The Pedro arch was probably the main reason for this manga not getting an anime. In the end Pedro even screwed the author.

Couldn't they just write him off or simply not make him a rapist? It was very random and just used for laughs anyways.