Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

MMORPG suggestions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

watsu

watsu

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

I'm pretty sure a thread like this was made before at some time or another, but it doesn't seem to be recently, so hoping for some more current suggestions.

I'm alright with shelling out for games, but it really has to be worth it, so I generally stick to free online games with microtransactions. The latest game I've been playing is TERA:Rising, just because in my honest opinion, it's the best free MMORPG out right now in terms of graphics and gameplay. Very stale gameplay, but the best execution of it. There's certainly better gameplay around, but it's usually stuck in room-instance games rather than an open world. as limited as the open world is in TERA compared to some other games, at least I can climb a *king mountain. Unfortunately, reaching the level cap in the game and it's just not interesting enough to continue truding through end-game content or making new characters.

So, getting straight to the point (but also sounding somewhat rude in the process), I'm looking for a game that's:

- Free and online (although, again, willing to shell out if it's worth buying).

- Relatively recent (for example, not FlyFF). I've been spoiled in terms of graphics, so older games just generally don't work for me (although you can always argue that you don't play an MMO for graphics). But it's also the fact that older games have many problems such as: enormous ratio of spammers/hackers, dead community, bad user interfaces that clutter in limited small resolutions, etc.

- Proper ratio of graphics to gameplay. That is, if the gameplay sucks, it should at least look good enough to warrant getting used to it (or vice versa). TERA's a good example on its own. On the flip side, Dragon Nest is not a super graphics intensive game, but the gameplay is so fun that it doesn't need it.

Not many requirements, although my standards are high and nitpicky. I'm fine with recommendations for other types of games too (not shooters though. loved them, but not what I want to play right now). I'm off and on with League of Legends right now, since you can get in and out so easily.

Anyways, so have at it! Give me your best shot! (or I'll just wait in a corner for Black Desert) And thanks in advance B)

Edited by watsu, 20 October 2013 - 08:45 AM.

h99.png

Valsie

Valsie

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 517 posts
  • LocationIn the hands of none.

Honestly, I find most recent MMOs really lacking. Only online games I've been active in would be:

Vindictus : Great gameplay, great graphics. It's pretty much what Tera would be with faster pacing and closed instances only. Bad thing is, Nexon. Fuck Nexon.

S4 League : Fast-paced, has a few shooter elements in it(which you apparently dislike), but it's more of a all-round battle royale kinda game. Really fun, but depending

on the player it might get boring fast. Also graphics aren't that great, so you might dislike that too.

Age of Wushu : Sort of recent, oriental-style MMORPG. It's a HUGE game, open-world and has everything from smithing to new features such as clan missions and other stuff.

Finally, that's all I've been playing. Not much, but these are the only online games worth playing IMO. Hope you like what I recommended :>

I am a deconstruction of the moe genre.

watsu

watsu

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

Honestly, I find most recent MMOs really lacking. Only online games I've been active in would be:

Vindictus : Great gameplay, great graphics. It's pretty much what Tera would be with faster pacing and closed instances only. Bad thing is, Nexon. Fuck Nexon.

S4 League : Fast-paced, has a few shooter elements in it(which you apparently dislike), but it's more of a all-round battle royale kinda game. Really fun, but depending

on the player it might get boring fast. Also graphics aren't that great, so you might dislike that too.

Age of Wushu : Sort of recent, oriental-style MMORPG. It's a HUGE game, open-world and has everything from smithing to new features such as clan missions and other stuff.

Finally, that's all I've been playing. Not much, but these are the only online games worth playing IMO. Hope you like what I recommended :>

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't tried Age of Wushu yet mainly because I didn't like the look of it (I know, such a bad reason...), but I have looked into it before, so I'll check it out.

S4League's graphics were stylish enough that it pulled me in, and although I'm not looking for shooter elements at the moment, I was before :P . I played both s4 and Vindictus, and sometimes I go back and play a little, but the main reason I stopped was because of the instance-format. I know Vindictus made it a little more open now, but I've had enough of my share of room-based games.

h99.png

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

:o You're ditching TERA?!

If you're on Killian, mind sending me all your gubbins?

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

watsu

watsu

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

:o You're ditching TERA?!

If you're on Killian, mind sending me all your gubbins?

:P Sorry, just taking a break. I don't think I have anything worth selling to you even if I was on Killian. Since I still think its best straight-up MMORPG, probably not going to ditch it completely anytime soon. At the very least, I'll get back on once in while like on Vindictus and sell all the old, exclusive items for hella moolah.

Edited by watsu, 21 October 2013 - 08:52 AM.

h99.png

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

How come you're not playing on the Killian? It's the most active and populated server (if you're in EU).

Edited by Will of NGE, 21 October 2013 - 09:06 AM.

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

watsu

watsu

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

How come you're not playing on the Killian? It's the most active and populated server (if you're in EU).

On NA, and transferred servers to play with a couple of friends. They went back to WoW though lol.

h99.png

Will of NGE

Will of NGE

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationGeofront

How the hell can anyone go back to WoW -.-

fkq1S2q.jpg

Gif Response Unit

Spoiler

watsu

watsu

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts

How the hell can anyone go back to WoW -.-

For the money! I think another went back to Maplestory and some others moved to GW2.

h99.png