Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Anybody Else Hate Orihime?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Ookami

Ookami

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts

I kinda liked her at first but now I just can't stand her. I know it's not her fault, but because of her "misfortune" she is the most selfish and horrid girl in the harem. Everyone else has to swallow their sadness except for her because even if she tries the misfortune comes out and everybody suddenly has to pay attention to her. Hinata pretends to be ok even when she's sad and she stays sad, same with Akari. But when Orihime is sad everbody drops their shit to come running. Orihime is lonely? Miasma. Orihime feels left out of something she has no right to be a part of anyway? Miasma. Yasuke is paying attention to anyone that isn't Orihime? Miasma. It's so frustrating because this manga is a harem only so far as Yasuke gets to see lots of girls in their underwear. They practically aren't even allowed to like him without Orihime flipping her shit.

Xfraze

Xfraze

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
I know what you mean. It almost feels like her sole reason to exist is so she can get in the way of the other characters....which as I typed that out led me to the realization that it just might be the case. She is a god of misfortune. She is bringing misfortune down on the other girls just by being around, in the form of blocking any advancements in their relationship.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Honestly this title is such a light-weight piece of fluff it's hard for me to imagine having many strong feelings for any of the characters. But that's just me, I find it cute and amusing for the most part with a healthy dose of ecchi..........that's about it.  :) 

Tn7HA0h.png

Otoshimono

Otoshimono

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

No. go die in a ditch. :batoto_031:

Moruno

Moruno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

I kinda liked her at first but now I just can't stand her. I know it's not her fault, but because of her "misfortune" she is the most selfish and horrid girl in the harem. Everyone else has to swallow their sadness except for her because even if she tries the misfortune comes out and everybody suddenly has to pay attention to her. Hinata pretends to be ok even when she's sad and she stays sad, same with Akari. But when Orihime is sad everbody drops their shit to come running. Orihime is lonely? Miasma. Orihime feels left out of something she has no right to be a part of anyway? Miasma. Yasuke is paying attention to anyone that isn't Orihime? Miasma. It's so frustrating because this manga is a harem only so far as Yasuke gets to see lots of girls in their underwear. They practically aren't even allowed to like him without Orihime flipping her shit.

Let me remind you that the source o miasma is the whole Japan, including Akari, Hinata, Yasuke and even his sister. And even the fox, who has the most sad shit happening to her.

And Orihime here is containing and purifying all that crap herself to the extent she had to keep herself sealed.

So it isn't like she doesn't deserve this much attention. Can you afford to neglect nuclear waste station that protects you from results of you using all that electricity?

shonryukku

shonryukku

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 433 posts
  • Locationnyc

Let me remind you that the source o miasma is the whole Japan, including Akari, Hinata, Yasuke and even his sister. And even the fox, who has the most sad shit happening to her.

And Orihime here is containing and purifying all that crap herself to the extent she had to keep herself sealed.

So it isn't like she doesn't deserve this much attention. Can you afford to neglect nuclear waste station that protects you from results of you using all that electricity?

but still  you aren't obligated to love that station nor should be overly attached to you if me leaving a job for my dream job means japan has a nuclear accident oh well as they say freedom isn't free

The mark of greatness is when everything before you is obsolete and everything after you bears your mark
Posted Image

sirflimflam

sirflimflam

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts

This manga would not exist or even make sense if not for Orihime. Orihime is an wall that keeps Akari and Yasuke in check. Both love each other and if Orihime wasn't there, there would have been a confession already and thus no harem.

I do understand the frustration but I can't bring myself to hate her for it. She's just the god of misfortune. Everyone gets sad about little things when it involves the person they love. Her negative emotions just conjure bad things, so everyone has to walk on egg shells around her. She knows she's causing everyone trouble this way because of it but she still tries not to be unreasonable. 

Moruno

Moruno

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 26 posts

but still  you aren't obligated to love that station nor should be overly attached to you if me leaving a job for my dream job means japan has a nuclear accident oh well as they say freedom isn't free

But that station isn't as adorable as Orihime.

Knight K

Knight K

Potato

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • LocationCHILE, santiago

But that station isn't as adorable as Orihime.

too much talk about the station is kind of weird, but funny (like a nuclear-chan xD)

also I hated her for the overreaction of the date, he said it was for practice!!, but it isn't as she is obnoxius or deserves much hate ... but as sirflimflam said, she is too put in check yasuke and akari and well, without her the harem couldn't exist in the first place.

ShinKanzato

ShinKanzato

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

i hate orihime...

Akari cant be happy with yasuke damn...

always when akari happy something will happen to crush that -_-

Edited by ShinKanzato, 15 August 2014 - 07:05 AM.

Jdog

Jdog

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

I love Orihime. Aside from her being one of the two linchpins for the group (the other being Yasuke), she does not intentionally release her miasma whenever she gets upset. It is just a side-affect of it. Besides, I think Hinata getting mad and either burning something or someone or turning the Sun blood red (as she did in Chapter 19) is just as scarry.

Lastly, however you look at it: No Orihime = no harem = no story = no manga = we would not even be here. Nobody can argue with these facts.

Edited by Jdog, 03 September 2014 - 02:11 AM.

ExceleXodusKurokami

ExceleXodusKurokami

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 38 posts

To the people who say that Orihime not being there would result in Yasuke confessing to Akari and them going out. Did you read the same manga I did? He had been sitting on a confession for TEN YEARS and, before Orihime showed up, she saw him as a brother. The only thing that made it so that Akari realized her affections for Yasuke were not those of a sister for her little brother was another girl possibly taking him away from her, a classic when the childhood friend loves the MC. By the time he worked up the nerve to confess to her or she realized she wanted him, it would end as: A) she rejects him because she sees him as a brother, B) she rejects him because she likes some handsome guy who is the ace of some sports team, C) her boyfriend of ten minutes shows up and beats the crap out of him for hitting on her or, D) she realizes she likes him after some other girl confesses to him and they start going out.

Plain and simple, he didn't have the balls to confess and she didn't have the good sense to see him as a romantic partner without someone else appearing.