Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Translation errors

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

blubee

blubee

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I'm no master of the Japanese language, but I have noticed errors in the English translation. I have the raws for learning purposes and, being a bit of a perfectionist, the errors bother me.

For example, spelling errors like "Nishiyama" when it should be "Nishimiya," translation errors like "I'll buy you a coffee" instead of "I'll let you copy it later" and "You better not get close to Ishida Shouya because he got bullied" when it should be "because he's a bully."

A big one was in chapter 2, "shikata no nai koto" is the chapter name and is repeated throughout the chapter and means something like "it can't be helped." But it was tranlated as "one of those things" which is overly vague, as well as "how useless" which is off the mark and "inevitable" which is close enough. Ishida repeats the phrase to himself throughout the chapter. It's a running theme of the chapter, so it shouldn't change meaning 3 times. And "it can't be helped" makes the whole chapter make more sense.

I just want to know how I would go about fixing up someone else's translation?

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

well, the best thing to do would be to contact the scanlation groups who did all the work and discuss this with them I'd think.....here's a link to the page with the credits in the most recent chapter, you'll see them in the very lower left of the page http://vatoto.com/read/_/199988/koe-no-katachi_ch8_by_futari-wa-pretty-anon

and here are links to both the groups  :)

http://prettyanonymo.us/

http://vi-scans.com/

Tn7HA0h.png

anonymous preferred

anonymous preferred

Potato

• Donator
  • 170 posts

I'm no master of the Japanese language, but I have noticed errors in the English translation. I have the raws for learning purposes and, being a bit of a perfectionist, the errors bother me.
For example, spelling errors like "Nishiyama" when it should be "Nishimiya," translation errors like "I'll buy you a coffee" instead of "I'll let you copy it later" and "You better not get close to Ishida Shouya because he got bullied" when it should be "because he's a bully."
A big one was in chapter 2, "shikata no nai koto" is the chapter name and is repeated throughout the chapter and means something like "it can't be helped." But it was tranlated as "one of those things" which is overly vague, as well as "how useless" which is off the mark and "inevitable" which is close enough. Ishida repeats the phrase to himself throughout the chapter. It's a running theme of the chapter, so it shouldn't change meaning 3 times. And "it can't be helped" makes the whole chapter make more sense.

I just want to know how I would go about fixing up someone else's translation?

Thank you for your corrections, blubee. I have no excuse for those easily avoidable mistakes, snd it is all my fault. I will fix them asap, and give you proper credits as well. Are there any more errors that you think i should correct? Please message me.

Edited by anonymous preferred, 12 October 2013 - 09:50 PM.

ThunderCloud

ThunderCloud

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 10 posts

Futari wa pretty anon says re-done chapter 1-5 will be released with improved translation and image quality. So sit tight!

anonymous preferred

anonymous preferred

Potato

• Donator
  • 170 posts

Edited by anonymous preferred, 23 October 2013 - 08:40 AM.

ratheden

ratheden

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Thanks for fixing up the translations.

Just a random fan