Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Going on a darker shade.(Spoilers)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

figureLP09

figureLP09

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationInside a sword.

Yeah, as you see, the manga we once tought was going to be a happy action-romcom went for a far more ominous tone, and now we face a rather dramatic change of genre.

So, how do you feel when a manga makes you think it estabilished it's genre and then flips it out of nowhere? Do you like strong changes of pace? How do you feel about stories that make a darker turn and constantly play back and forth with the comedy-tragedy dichotomy?

And lastly, did you like this particular change of pace in the story that has been going on in the latest chapters?

The soil of a man's heart is stonier. He grows what he can, and he tends it. 

Helz

Helz

Potato

• Members
  • 196 posts

Yeah, as you see, the manga we once tought was going to be a happy action-romcom went for a far more ominous tone, and now we face a rather dramatic change of genre.

So, how do you feel when a manga makes you think it estabilished it's genre and then flips it out of nowhere? Do you like strong changes of pace? How do you feel about stories that make a darker turn and constantly play back and forth with the comedy-tragedy dichotomy?

And lastly, did you like this particular change of pace in the story that has been going on in the latest chapters?

There is a world war of genres going in this story... Overkill fanservice heroines stolen from some shounen manga and grim gorefilled scenes from seinen manga... I guess its all fine and good but put the lid on pants.. dont have to see them every 2 panels..

If it wasnt for new gore scenes and more tragic characters, i wouldve dropped this.. At least these promise something a littlebit deeper than just random fanservice on shallow story basis.

Edited by Helz, 12 October 2013 - 08:45 AM.

thundersama

thundersama

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 12 posts

I read manga to have fun, that's why I always choose this " goofy " kind of manga. Altough I don't mind it getting a bit more serious, if it gets too heavy on tragedy, drama and psychological,  I'll drop it. I have some (unfinished) books for this heavy read, so I don't like to mix the two things  ( the mangas and books ).

Eládio

Eládio

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationRecife, Pernambuco - Brazil

Hmm... in principle I don't mind, but I kinda saw that coming on this one, mainly because the artist, Hanao Sutarou, worked on BLOODY MAIDEN ~Toomarimiki no Shima~.  

But in general if a story it's interesting to me I don't care about genre or genre changes in the story. Actually there are some really memorable works (for me at least) that plays whith that, i.e., mixing elements of various genres in the same story.

Edited by Eládio, 12 December 2013 - 04:24 AM.