Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Glee

glee sorrynotanime tvshows series

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Horripilating Sea Cucumber

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 839 posts
  • Locationhopefully not in the hands of confused lewd teenagers.

Okay. So, uh yeah... I know it's a manga forum and all but it's related to the topic. Was wondering if we could have a Glee thread, since there are, from what I know a few gleeks around.. I just watched the memorial episode and I cried.. I needed to fangirl it with someone. Was wondering if you guys were interested?

Good Emperor Late

Good Emperor Late

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe end

Uuh. Rukapi-chan, you have a mighty hurdles ahead of you. There's a lot of Glee haters out there. I doupt you'll find that many fans here, atleast from what i've seen, people here watch mostly Game Of Thrones, Breaking Bad and The Walking Dead. Glee falls pretty short in face of those monsters...

Not saying Glee is bad.. Just that i wonder, if there'll be that many people..

Posted Image

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

i hope this thread never gets replied to.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

That's a bit harsh xD I never watched Glee, I know what it talks about though.

Why do you hate it so much ? x)

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.

Not really a gleek but due to curiosity I watched the said memorial episode.

I'm no great music guru but the performances were great and indeed touching.

Edited by αɖα- ɕɧαɲ, 12 October 2013 - 03:17 PM.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.

gleek

oh my god, they actually have a fandom name D:
everyone run for the hills

UIqflpq.jpg

Good Emperor Late

Good Emperor Late

Russet Potato

• Donator
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe end

i hope this thread never gets replied to.

Haha.

As you can see, Rukapi-chan, i'm much more moderate in my answer. That makes me the lesser evil!

oh my god, they actually have a fandom name D:
everyone run for the hills

But don't hills have eyes?

Posted Image

clamzoopa

clamzoopa

Potato

• Members
  • 164 posts

I've watched it as I'm a huge fan of cover songs.  The following is, of course, only my opinion, but:

- The majority of the performances are vastly overrated, like American Idol contestants.  People loved the Bohemain Rhapsody cover, I thought it was meh.  Maybe it's just me, but I hate the overly dramatic takes on the songs.

- The main 'crazy' girl really doesn't have a great sound for me.  I think she's good for Broadway, as exemplified by her rendition of 'Don't Rain on My Parade', however, I think she tries to go too big and the songs don't sound as good as they could.  She really lacks subtly.  They criminally underuse, I think Santana is her name.

- The boys are mostly all mediocre, unless they get a song that fits them very well. 

I wish they would just scale it back, but I guess it is a drama so it's supposed to be like that.  It's too bad they don't take the music more seriously.  And by that, I don't mean for no one to have fun and have straight faces, but just not treat everything like a musical, which is, in essence, the caricaturization of music.

For me, hearing something like 'Against All Odds' where it's just the kid at the piano with some backing strings is where it's at its best.

Edited by clamzoopa, 11 November 2013 - 07:20 PM.