Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Poem - Everyday

Poetry Every Day

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Halcyonix

Halcyonix

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

~Disclaimer~

The following poem is sad, so if you're looking for an uplifting one please back away now.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

As morning dawns, there’s no hint of change

Like every day, I wake at eight
Like every day, my sister greets me with a smile, and every day, I tell her I love her 
Like every day, I go to school, and like every day, my friends wait at the iron gate 
But at two forty-six the harbour wave struck
And the sirens blared loudly all around, I follow my teacher, as was planned 
Clinging to the hope, my family was fine, an hour, two hours, three hours have passed 
And all around me, others have found their families, yet still no word has reached me 
I look up at the grey sky, wondering why life must be so cruel 
As my tears streaks down my face, I continue to wait for them 
The minutes seemed like hours, and those hours seemed like days 
I start to lose track of time, and slowly sleep began to crawl upon me 
Until I heard my name being shouted, my heart leaped in joy, as I race towards the voice 
But, as I saw them, I knew something was wrong
Their eyes were puffy and red as blood, tears once again, streamed down my face 
And I knew my days would no longer be the same,
The evenings would be longer, and colder,
For my sister was gone,
I would no longer see her smile, or hear her laughter as our dog licked her face. 
A year has passed since then
Yet I still remember her bright brown eyes, and her heart warming laughter 
The sirens once again blare out
But this time, I merely close my eyes,
And remember her

Edited by Halcyonix, 01 October 2013 - 03:50 AM.

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

Normally I don't care about poetry but for some reason this kinda got to me, read it a few times now.. It's rather sad but beautiful too.

Is this based on personal experience?

Halcyonix

Halcyonix

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 7 posts

Normally I don't care about poetry but for some reason this kinda got to me, read it a few times now.. It's rather sad but beautiful too.

Is this based on personal experience?

It's not based on a personal experience. However I'm pretty sure you remember the tsunami and earthquake that hit Japan in 2011. That's what inspired me to write this.

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

Yes that is what I thought. Perhaps you were personally hit by it, but I'm glad that isn't the case.