Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

His mom is the final boss

• Please log in to reply
55 replies to this topic

jrusse18

jrusse18

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 223 posts

Her question marks just reminded me of those games that have bosses with mystery stats, so if you lose you don't even know if you got close.

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Or in those MMORPGs where if someone's level is way higher than yours, you only see their level as a ??.

Edited by TaintedDream, 29 September 2013 - 12:29 PM.

Hachiman

Hachiman

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 20 posts

maybe his MOM is an NPC or maybe a GM or maybe yeah the final boss or maybe like tainteddream said maybe her lvl is too high that he can only see it as ???

Laurens D

Laurens D

Baked Potato

• tC Donator
  • 1,475 posts
  • Locationin the tower!

Or in those MMORPGs where if someone's level is way higher than yours, you only see their level as a ??.

Exactly, was thinking that too. But still his teacher was above his level and he could see it. 

But it might be that his mother is excluded, since she is not fit, and does not need a level. Or something in that familiar. Perhaps she's a NPC :P?

Edited by Laurens D, 08 October 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Posted Image

This is not my fault!

You could have bought my cookies.

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Exactly, was thinking that too. But still his teacher was above his level and he could see it. 

But it might be that his mother is excluded, since she is not fit, and does not need a level. Or something in that familiar. Perhaps she's a NPC :P?

I meant like, 100 levels above or something (world or warcraft uses 10 above), because he could see his friend (lvl 24) and the levels of the summoner and red haired girl (50 some and 34 respectively?)

we have no idea on the level cap (is there one?) so not sure if that's possible or not though.

Edited by TaintedDream, 08 October 2013 - 09:36 PM.

raisane

raisane

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

I doubt it is because his mom is an NPC, if that were the case it would be empty above her head. maybe she's a game master, maybe she is the end boss, maybe she is 100 levels above the main character or maybe she has a skill that hides her level. we will only know in the future :)

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

I was thinking about this earlier - his powers are from MMOs, right? So maybe his mum is also a Gamer, but her powers come from a previous generation of RPGs.

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Mind blown.

atwitchyferret

atwitchyferret

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Don't some RPG's use question marks for quest givers. Think borderlands or something like that.

Brykan

Brykan

Potato Spud

• tC Donator
  • 13 posts

im with tainted on that one jack WOW

also maybe the levels are like disgaea where you start out at a normal pace then bam level 9999

jrusse18

jrusse18

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 223 posts

Don't some RPG's use question marks for quest givers. Think borderlands or something like that.

I'm not familiar with that game is it on console or computer?

TaintedDream

TaintedDream

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationUnited States

A lot of MMOs do, but only for when you have a quest to turn in. Dunno if Borderlands does it differently.

Amo

Amo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

so, my current thinking is that his gamer ability is a "unique skill" so to speak. everyone else doesn't see levels and such but he can. everyone else else is just your typical alternate reality hidden behind our own, but he has levels and skills. because if everyone had the "gamers mind" ability it would just be strange. But idk that's just my guess maybe im wrong, can you even understand my ramblings? lol and I think both quester giver and final boss arguments could be possible for the mom.

kendama

kendama

Russet Potato

• Contributor
  • 332 posts

so, my current thinking is that his gamer ability is a "unique skill" so to speak. everyone else doesn't see levels and such but he can. everyone else else is just your typical alternate reality hidden behind our own, but he has levels and skills. because if everyone had the "gamers mind" ability it would just be strange. But idk that's just my guess maybe im wrong, can you even understand my ramblings? lol and I think both quester giver and final boss arguments could be possible for the mom.

That actually makes total sense. I believe no one other than Jee-han can see levels, even those two people with supernatural abilities we saw in chapters 2-4. After all, if they could, the girl wouldn't have had to ask him questions about his identity. So the main character may be extraordinary even for the standards of people with powers. That may give him an advantage later.

pally320

pally320

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

seeing from chapter 6 I personally think that the reason his mother has question marks, is because his house is like one of those safe points in some games. where guards have question marks for levels because they dont really have levels and cant be defeated without an event of some sort.

In short I think she is his safe point (his house) guard in some way. otherwise wouldn't he have ran into the zombies sooner when he was asleep?

Edited by pally320, 23 October 2013 - 05:14 AM.

CapitalFear

CapitalFear

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Locationthe land between here and there

His mom might NOT be a gamer, but still have some special skill that gives her 'stealth' powers. Who knows, maybe if a mind-reader comes along, they wouldn't be able to read Jee-Han's mom's mind.

....is what I would say, but then I'd be lying.

Vandalier

Vandalier

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 44 posts

or maybe her powers are sealed possibly so her son could live a normal life.

Through adverse Zahard will the monarchy of the great fisherman be in ruinous trouble: The young red black one will seize the hierarchy, The traitors will act on a day of drizzle.

PogoLamp

PogoLamp

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 265 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
I'm voting that his mom and dad are like veteran fighter who gained serious skill during their younger days. They might take it low profile for now but given that the father has not been introduced he must be out doing his job exterminating vile vermins and such. That is his job I think.

And the fact that he has special ability must be genetics. As for his mothers' ??? It's definitely to conceal her presence from potential dangers. Sooner or later it will probably be revealed that his mother is a bad ass.

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

I'm voting that his mom and dad are like veteran fighter who gained serious skill during their younger days. They might take it low profile for now but given that the father has not been introduced he must be out doing his job exterminating vile vermins and such. That is his job I think.

And the fact that he has special ability must be genetics. As for his mothers' ??? It's definitely to conceal her presence from potential dangers. Sooner or later it will probably be revealed that his mother is a bad ass.

Well if they are then they're probably natural ability users, since they didn't pass on any techniques to Jee-Han.

Edited by JackApostrophe, 27 October 2013 - 10:09 PM.

Firehorse32

Firehorse32

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

His mom is probably that irregular mage or boss existence eater that the Black Summoner guy was talking about. Hence her ????'s, she simply isn't definable anymore.

"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me