Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Tokuchi's background

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...

since i started reading this manga, i was wondering where did Tokuchi come from? His childhood.. where he honed his skills as a pitcher..his financial background, his family.. does he have siblings... love interest..influences.. how he become a gambler, etc.. ?

i think he's born rich. His family probably actually owned a baseball stadium and he grew up to have known all the tricks there is from there. His father maybe a legendary pitcher known in underworld of baseball who wasn't born in a silver platter but someone who made his way to the top through gambling that Tokuchi inherited. He probably thought Tokuchi the ropes..

I want to think that Tokuchi is a bigbrother to a sister and a lil brother who look up to him. ^^ (sorry, it looks badass to have an older brother like Tokuchi.. don't you think? XD) His father probably a foreigner and his mom's a Japanese (or vice versa.. just to explain why Tokuchi has a blond hair.. )

Maybe as Tokuchi grew up, he want to find his own fate by trying, going to the grass roots, playing baseball and gambling. Maybe he wants to see how far he can go. And with that, he was able to live an independent life the way he wants it.. Maybe he was a rebel. ^^ 

or i could be totally wrong.. but i kinda like it.. 

what do you think?

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

annihilator

annihilator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,035 posts
  • Locationnomad...

ohh.. hohohohoho... so my initial guess was wrong... now lets wait for more validation.. 

...m y a l t e r e g o...

Posted Image

ludagad

ludagad

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

I'm still at volume 13, so I have no idea about his background yet, or whether the mangaka intends to reveal it. The mystery is part of the charm xD. But Toua doesn't give me a rich boy kind of feeling. He's like a street-wise guy, probably learning to gamble and cheat as a way to survive. Could be an orphan too. Basically he gives me this outsider vibe, who's seen the dirty ide of life. I'll read on and hope to see any reveals about this character :D.

sirilius

sirilius

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

I... I want to know too...