Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

What would you save, if your home was going to be destroyed?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

This may seem kind of random, but it's an interesting topic to think about.

So.

If your home was on fire, or there was a tornado, hurricane, tsunami, etc. imminent, and you had only five or ten minutes to get out of your house with whatever you can grab, what would you save? What is truly irreplaceable in your life?

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

My computer, it's expensive :P

Although, nothing in my house is really irreplaceable, I could always buy it again (like my books, my console, my games, my computer, etc...).

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

Family and/or friends, are my main priority to save. Only if they are safe, i would pick other things, mainly my laptop and money/cards. if those are safe, ill save my other expensive stuff. Dont really have anything with a lot of emotional value at my room atm

aovnZo7.png

Rol

Rol

Oui Purée

• Donator
  • 3,270 posts

Now I seem heartless because I thought family/friends were out of the question :[

wtjpw658v4xz.gif

Viscoun

Viscoun

Couch Potato

• VisTrans
  • 2,095 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

bring the essentials, nothing more. wallet+phone, computer (containing shitloads of years' of work so i'd want to keep that), and anything irreplaceable. maybe an old pic.

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

2hood's bein soft again kanyelaugh.png

I'd grab my laptop for sure, and then I'd grab all my limited edition stuff and family heirlooms so my family could pawn that shit if we needed money for another place to stay.

Yowu

Yowu

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 17 posts

Certainly all my Gorillaz-cds (buy again? no, you can't replace G-cds with new ones. It's just irrelevant!)

black Arabia-teapot

my whole collection of tea

cup and holder you put leaves in so they wont spread into the water

ALL MY SWEETS

certain clothes like tinychesscheckers-coat (it's most awesome coat on eart), black coat, all my hats, hunting boots, black gloves, white shirts, vest, black pants, BB1 belt (chesscheckered with silvery BB1 text on it. must have) and well... generally all clothes I keep in worth. I dont feel worth in all of them no. all scarfs for sure

MY BAG

THE Drawing of THE Magpie King

Korean language learning book

GNG DvDs (its this akita dog-anime. full version)

2 only reborn! mangabooks

MTG Cards...

All watercolours/paints and any tools related. I can't picture myself without them.

dragon & capercaillie plushies

my most favourite drawings and plans

Well... it's a bit thick list but in most instant hurry I would put my cap on my head, the chesscheckered coat, take my big black bag and run away with black shoes on. Those are the 4 things I probably treasure the most.

I don't ever really wear the coat, because I don't dare. I don't treasure myself so much yet. I've decided that when I'm someone awesome... (it's in my dreams! I think being a gunsmith would be the coolest thing in the universe) ...I will then wear that great coat. Or do you call it jacket. I don't know english language that well.

Seriously it's a miracle I even live this well. That I even have a coat like that. Apparently it has come so far that figuring out the world around me is hard. Nothing makes sense...

...well... I have surprisingly alot of important items. Perhaps because I don't have many close friends. I think my closest friend is this neighbor who agreed to take me to hunting if it occurs. He is really nice, I like him.

If I had a dog, I would save it first. If I had a soulmate, I would save him first, dog second. If I had a gun collection, I would save them while saving the dog. And if I had tools regarding those... end of if's!

Akumetsu

Akumetsu

Fried Potato

• Donator
  • 637 posts

My cats and aquarium. HDD if there's time.

Rjamwalters

Rjamwalters

Potato

• Members
  • 182 posts

If my house was being destroyed I would save my life.

If I can't, I'll salvage something usefu like manga.

So I have something to do after.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts
  • LocationEverywhere, nowhere, somewhere and anywhere.

I'd get my family out of the house, check for any neighbors locked in and save them. Then I'd go back to my room, lock the door and wait for the end.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

family,

papers, laptop, and some clothes

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

Kannade

Kannade

Baked Potato

• Donator
  • 1,204 posts
  • Locationkonoha

certain clothes like tinychesscheckers-coat (it's most awesome coat on eart), black coat, all my hats, hunting boots, black gloves, white shirts, vest, black pants, BB1 belt (chesscheckered with silvery BB1 text on it. must have) and well... generally all clothes I keep in worth. I dont feel worth in all of them no. all scarfs for sure

MY BAG

Post pics of this outfit pls. pharrellohyou.png

If you're camera shy, you can just lay everything out on the floor and take pics.

Then I'd go back to my room, lock the door and wait for the end.

Kokai that's kinda really fucked up tbh qq.gif

Edited by Kannade, 20 September 2013 - 08:49 PM.

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts

Kokai that's kinda really fucked up tbh qq.gif

Can't deny that.

Horn

Horn

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationWelded to my computer chair.
It's a really difficult question...I've got a lot of stuff that I don't want to lose.

I think I'd grab at least my hard drive; got a lot of stuff on it that I want to keep. I'd like to save my banjo too, but I think I'd probably leave it behind; it doesn't carry a lot of sentimental value and it's not difficult getting a new one. I'd try saving maybe some old pictures I have; the one of my dad I posted in the Camwhores thread and the picture painted by my grandpa I have hanging in the living room (it's pretty big and bulky though, so it might not be ideal to try to carry with me)...

Dammit, now that you asked and I start thinking about it, I realize there's loads of stuff I wanna bring along with me...it's just not possible...

UIqflpq.jpg

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,644 posts

Easy my computer and game systems along with my games.

2hot4you

2hot4you

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,068 posts
  • LocationThe Wild

I'd get my family out of the house, check for any neighbors locked in and save them. Then I'd go back to my room, lock the door and wait for the end.

noooooo kokai ;_;

aovnZo7.png

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

This whole train of thought came about because my window was open, and I heard another dorm building's fire alarm go off. It got me wondering, what if there was a real fire? So I looked around my room, and thought about what I would grab. The fire alarm in my building went off just the other night (thanks to some VERY burned popcorn), and it was hard to think straight with the noise blaring overhead. I didn't end up putting my tennis shoes back on, so I got to stand around outside in socks and sandals. u_u

In the situation I'm presenting to you, your family is okay. They'll get out fine.

For me, at least of the items in my dorm room, I've decided that my jewelry is the most important. Not because it's super valuable or anything...but it has a lot of sentimental value. I've received jewelry from my friends, my mom, my dad, my grandparents, and my siblings. I've bought jewelry from special places I've visited. It means a lot to me. Other than that, I would want to grab my phone, so that I can call my family and and others, to let them know I'm okay. Everything else in there--the books, the rocks, the papers, the clothing, everything--is replaceable. I would miss things, yeah, but I'd be okay with out them.

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

well,

if family is ok,

then then the next most important thing will be the papers, oney, my laptop and mobile,

and if i could, clothes

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location.-.

The only valuable things I have right now on my room are lab reports , the computer and a picture of me and my dad

Kokai

Kokai

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 602 posts

Same as above, minus getting my family out.