Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Automata Terms Wiki

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rexenik

Rexenik

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe astral plane.

I decided to make this to help people understand the series better, let me know if there's anything I missed or if there's anything that doesn't make sense.

A-R (A-R) - Acronym for “Akashic Records” a mysterious being/thing that created the "sites" and is often seen flying around in both reality and "sites".
Site (사이트) - “Worlds” that exists within any object that has an electrical current.

Therapist (테라피스트) - Special people who are able to enter their consciousness into “sites”.
Automata (오토마타) - The awakened stage of a Therapist. Mysterious beings that are loved by A-R, for example the Automata Prince and Princess.
Host Automata (호스트 오토마타) - An Automata's host, Therapists like Sharle and Josephine.
Code Graphic (코드 그래픽은) - A unique code that appears next to the heads of Therapists and Automata.

Administrator (서포터) - People who help Therapists access Sites, monitor their status and create and provide equipment.
Grimoire (그리모어) - A device that Administrators use to aid Therapists.

Broker (중개사) - Someone who arranges deals between a client and a provider.

A/S (A/S) - A Data recovery service.
ATMT (ATMT) - An admired company that sells Therapist-related products and offers A/S services.
TRP (TRP) - Acronym for “Therapist” the division at ATMT that is in charge of A/S.
Golden Pathway (황금 오솔길) - Rumored to be a place of many Machine geniuses that sells products cheaper than large companies. Also suspected of counterfeiting ATMT’s products.

Virus (바이러스) - Corrupted data that tries to infect and take over the “Site” it’s in.
Virus Graphic (바이러스 그래픽은) - A viruses “Code Graphic” it is what enables viruses to use their abilities.
Bug (벌레) - A human who became trapped in a “Site” and then became corrupted and lost their human minds.
Houngan (호웅간) - Rumored to be “Bugs” that managed to retain their human mind.

Edited by Rexenik, 16 September 2013 - 11:37 PM.

sig3redux.png?t=1388669535

Genboke

Genboke

Potato

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationInside vanilla ice~

Rexenik THANKS A LOT!!!! >o<

But i have a doubt, what exactly does the 'Code Graphic' does? Does it helps the Therapist (or Automata) to enable weapons or speed or location of some bugs or viruses when they are withing the site?

Aslo when i read the Hangul of the Administrator name, (서포터) is read something like this:  'Soe-po-te' or 'Supporter'. So which is the correct way to name this term? ...It's not that i'm trying to be a bother or anything, but i just want to know if the author uses the term 'Administrator' as well as 'Supporter' if both means the same (?)... u.u'

Thanks for making your time to explain this to everyone!! ^_^/

tumblr_n3ceyv5wyg1t8slm6o2_250.giftumblr_n3ceyv5wyg1t8slm6o4_250.gif

Rexenik

Rexenik

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 33 posts
  • LocationThe astral plane.

I have no idea what the Code Graphic does, it hasn't been explained yet. In S1 Louie explained that Viruses can only use their abilities when their Graphic is out however nothing has been mentioned about what the Therapist's and Automata's Graphics can do (if anything).

Really?? Hmm... What I think happened here is, the translator for the first few chapters got a little creative with the term and decided to change it to "Administrator" as it kinda fits the feel of the series better, and then everyone else just kinda rolled with it ^_^

sig3redux.png?t=1388669535

Genboke

Genboke

Potato

• Members
  • 177 posts
  • LocationInside vanilla ice~

..Ooh well, then i would rolled with it as well! :P

And also i don't know for what reason i keep forgetting that not everything is already explained, then i come to ask you those questions... like if you would be KimDazzi, so sorry! >_<'

tumblr_n3ceyv5wyg1t8slm6o2_250.giftumblr_n3ceyv5wyg1t8slm6o4_250.gif