Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Anyone else care about...

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Aizen-sensei

Aizen-sensei

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

whether or not i use the japanese translations of the chinese names? I know this manga is originally in chinese, but i have no idea how to translate some of these names from japanese to chinese. Just wondering if people do or dont mind this. 

GodSlayer1

GodSlayer1

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

I don't mind it as long it is in English.

Aizen-sensei

Aizen-sensei

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

Ignore this, i chose to translate, very poorly, from japanese to chinese to english, and type it. If anyone is fluent in chinese and know for a fact that i got a name wrong, please feel free to post it here. 

miaxchan

miaxchan

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationWhere the river narrows

HI Aizen-Sensei!

I actually own the chinese volumes of Choukakou or Changgexing. If you need help, just ask me! :)

Aizen-sensei

Aizen-sensei

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

Oh so it is Changge. Well thank god for Google translate.

Liar

Liar

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 472 posts

I prefer Chinese names because the setting takes place in China if it's not too much trouble.

Aizen-sensei

Aizen-sensei

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 21 posts

I prefer Chinese names because the setting takes place in China if it's not too much trouble.

sounds like a lie to me.

klauq

klauq

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Hi

I am grateful as it is that you are translating this fantastic series. 

Thank you.

jojo

jojo

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

thank you for this series, I like this manhua so much. I searched and found the raws in chinesse online. hope you continue translate it. :batoto_022:   

yserieh

yserieh

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 4 posts

This series is amazing. Thank you for translating!

NfHAMhj.gif

Ode

Ode

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Plz use the Russian names,

spasiiba

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

I want names that are consistent and not too hard to remember, not some long random collection of letters you got no idea how to pronounce.  So if you can phonetically spell these chinese names, if they must be chinese, that would be appreciated.  As long as you accomplish that, I don't care if you call them Mary and John, or Francua or whatever.

And this is a great series, thankyou for translating it.

Edited by truepurple, 04 September 2013 - 11:04 AM.

renimon20

renimon20

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

the chinese raw chapters of choukakou. theye uploaad the newst chapter every time. There is the raw ch19 if needed...

Haruomi

Haruomi

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

Hello Aizen Sensei,

First of all I really would like to thank you for your awesome job in scanlating this manhua. I've just started reading this manhua today but WOW, I mean it was so good that I have to re-read it twice just to absorbed how wonderful the story was. It really made my day! so again THANK YOU!!!!! I Hope you won't drop this any time soon and keep up the good work.

I kind of agree what godslayer1 said, I also don't really mind whether you use japanese or chinese name as long as you can accurately covey the authors intentions and ideas for this masterpiece. Again two words: Endless Gratitude. Thank you. >.<

Yours Truly, 

Carlo (haruomi)

Edited by Haruomi, 16 September 2013 - 12:49 PM.

Fairsky

Fairsky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 2 posts

I can only agree with Haruomi. I lately stumbled upon this and man am I glad I did. And your translations are really good! Thank you so much =)

Yun...

Yun...

Potato Sprout

• Contributor
  • 5 posts

This a really great manga! Thanks for translating. I don't really think it matters what names you use as long as it's consistant. :)

pijoed

pijoed

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts

whether or not i use the japanese translations of the chinese names? I know this manga is originally in chinese, but i have no idea how to translate some of these names from japanese to chinese. Just wondering if people do or dont mind this. 

I prefer the names stay in Chinese.... coz translated chinese name always sound weird..... and lame compare to the original, and mostly guys' name sound feminine after translated....

And..... I already knew some Historical Chinese Names like Ma Huan, Kong Fu Tze, etc....  and fancy them..... from reading history books

I am hooked to this manga right from it's debut in batoto, compared to Kingdom that I just start read it after it anime come out...... I don't even realize that Kingdom is about the  Great Xi Huang Qi until some one tell me about it here in forum.....

Spoiler

Edited by pijoed, 12 June 2014 - 08:37 AM.

Q-asta

Q-asta

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Locationitaly

absolutely the chinese name!!!

this manhua is amazing thanks for translating it!