Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Character Archetypes you hate the most?

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

I personally hate the "Chosen One", who gets all the luck, defeats opponents far more experienced than he is, and is basically the center of everything that happens to the story.

Faye

Faye

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 566 posts
  • Location黄金の郷

Pretty much the same. I hate characters that suddenly get a boost of power (even more if the source of the boost is not properly explained) to beat an enemy much stronger than him.

Lalbutt

Lalbutt

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,365 posts
  • LocationMoving Castle

The stupid, annoying, whiny, dense, girls who embarrass themselves constantly!

pizhhh

pizhhh

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,029 posts
  • Locationin jail

For that matter, I also hate the concept of mooks, especially when each and every one of them is a living individual.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

probably the underhanded, manipulative type of characters..............smiling back-stabbers in other words. though in all fairness having a good villain does tend to spice a story up. :)

Tn7HA0h.png

Shamune

Shamune

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts

-The assertive girl who yells a lot and insists she's strong but keeps falling on her bum or gets in a tizzy all the time, which is a cue for someone to sooner or later flip her skirt JUST to make her squream.  And then we must suffer it.  Author: if you want to make this strong girl look weak and adorable, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!

-The perv who's friends with the MC, and suggests he peep on the girls when they're changing, which we know will end badly for the MC.  WE KNOW HOW IT WILL END, SO SHUT UP; YOU'RE NOT FUNNY.

-The girls who like to sleep naked next to boys, so that the boy wakes up to find said naked sleeping girl next to them, and then he's flustered and embarrassed, and the girl's like "Eh? Why are you embarrassed?"  Believe me, no girl who lacks physical awareness to that degree would have skin and hair as nice as hers.  And she would probably stink, because she never bathes.  Incidentally, girls are generally more sensitive to cold than boys, so she did NOT strip because her PJ's were too hot for her.

Chocolate Chip

Chocolate Chip

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 628 posts

The shoujo love interest who is a complete, emotionally abusive asshole, yet all of his horrible actions will be excused because he just has too many ~feelings~.

Also assholes who are labeled as "S"es, as if that makes them sexy instead of just assholes.

Shamune

Shamune

Potato

• Members
  • 118 posts

The shoujo love interest who is a complete, emotionally abusive asshole, yet all of his horrible actions will be excused because he just has too many ~feelings~.

Also assholes who are labeled as "S"es, as if that makes them sexy instead of just assholes.

Mmmhmm!  That too!  This sort of character has sadly ruined much of shoujo manga for me. 

[BTW, I love your avvy]

Sui

Sui

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationBehind you

The oujo-sama who thinks she's better than everyone.

funny-text-haha-relatable-posts-stalker-

Nepenthe

Nepenthe

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,650 posts
  • LocationThe Comfy Chair

I really hate the typical shoujo lead who's dumb as dirt. Or, if she happens to be smart, it pretty much defines her personality. As if you can't be smart and a normal person.

Previous Avatars • Music for February 21...not picked out yet.

Sui

Sui

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationBehind you

The overconfident guy who thinks he's so handsome, every girl on earth will fall for him.

funny-text-haha-relatable-posts-stalker-

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.

Any girl character that shows to be so innocent, weak, cry baby, pure to the extreme and is always a damsel in distress making you think like she is born to make the MC guy's heart go swooning due to how lady like, kindhearted and sweet she is and in times of trouble, she's the one who'll boost the MC's confidence and strength to 100% with just yelling out the MC's name and crying out for help.

Phil777

Phil777

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMontréal

Any girl character that shows to be so innocent, weak, cry baby, pure to the extreme and is always a damsel in distress making you think like she is born to make the MC guy's heart go swooning due to how lady like, kindhearted and sweet she is and in times of trouble, she's the one who'll boost the MC's confidence and strength to 100% with just yelling out the MC's name and crying out for help.

Like Orihime-chan from Bleach? >.>

Analord

Analord

Potato

• Members
  • 157 posts
  • Location5D

­

Edited by Boogie, 16 October 2013 - 08:41 PM.

Se aí tem fé, aqui tem axé.

Shrimpeh

Shrimpeh

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCity of Legacia

i hate the ones who think everybody/thing is their friend

Lonely-signature.png

my ideal girl: nice, shy, beautiful, loyal, outgoing, half-traditonal, half modern,  preferably black hair or red hair, has a sense of humor, a little nerd-ish / otaku-ish. 

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location.-.

Extremely dumb leads that always get saved by plot armor

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

αɖα- ɕɧαɲ

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 2,739 posts
  • Locationsometimes here, most of the time there.

Like Orihime-chan from Bleach? >.>

As much as my statement greatly describes Inoue Orihime, she's not the first character who I thought about while typing this  :P Actually thinking about Kana-chan from Nurarihyon no Mago.

Though I find Orihime's character quite likable. She shows to be reliable in some extent. Welp, that's just my two cents~

Edited by αɖα- ɕɧαɲ, 12 August 2013 - 12:08 PM.

greenguy

greenguy

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,019 posts
  • LocationArts Precinct

airheaded girls with overly big boobs 

Rebel Bonhart

Rebel Bonhart

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,444 posts

Shinji Ikari. Yes I know it's a topic about archetypes, but he pretty much started/promoted a certain archetype which I hate, so let's just use his name to call that archetype :P

5B4rd3Q.gif

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 613 posts
  • Location.-.

Shinji Ikari. Yes I know it's a topic about archetypes, but he pretty much started/promoted a certain archetype which I hate, so let's just use his name to call that archetype :P

I hate Naruto-like characters much more that Ikari-like ones