Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Umi no Misaki Quality Control

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

Protester

Protester

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

You may notice my screen name, "Protester". There's a reason for that.

Ever since WolfyScans took a (well deserved) break from scanlating, the mangas and comics that he/she/they were moderating and very beautifully rendering have hit unacceptable levels of low quality.

In addition to the amateurish, low quality scans that bare a resemblance to something I could do on Microsoft Paint, the new temporary moderators, going by "NaweG" and the very telling name "Impatient Scans", have been playing God with the chapters, choosing to very intentionally block out a key moment in Umi no Misaki, found in chapters 113 and 114.

This group of undertalented scanlators are apparently squeamish about showing an orgy scene. I have looked at the raws, and in reality it isn't nearly as bad as the word "orgy" would imply. Regardless, this moment, culminating in the emotional decision the main character has made, which the entire story has been building toward, has been cut out, leaving the faithful readers like myself in the dark, you know, because I CAN'T READ JAPANESE.

How would they like it if I were to cut a chapter or two out of a book, just because I deem it unnecessary? They would not enjoy that. They would be complaining just as I would.

This is directed at this site's moderators. I tracked NaweG and Impatient down to this website because we, the readers of Umi, are incensed by this complete lack of professionalism on NaweG and Impatient's parts. They are supposed to be providing a service to the majority, to us the readers who cannot read Japanese, as much as we'd love to.

Quality must be maintained, otherwise, what use are you? What use is there for your product?

Remove the chapters that advanced before the missing 113 and 114, and terminate NaweG and Impatient from the reigns.

We would rather wait for Wolfy's triumphant return that to see our manga be mangled by people who cannot do the job properly, and who do not have the aptitude to see a job through in its entirety.

Oh, and Impatient will use the excuse for not scanlating 113 and 114 "There isn't much dialogue."

Last I checked, Umi is a MANGA, which has PICTURES. Ever hear the phrase "A Picture says a thousand words"? His reasoning is unacceptable.

Please don't let that rank unprofessionalism go unchecked.

I know it sounds harsh, but sometimes truth is harsh.

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,644 posts

It's a legitimate effort on the chapters so unless the scanlator themselves ask for them to be removed, they will stay.

Protester

Protester

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

You can't be serious.

Fans have been complaining (including me)! You can't just ignore that, that is ridiculous.

Can't you at least have this incompetent group do the chapters they skipped? You can't tell me that skipped chapters aren't a quality control issue.

SoundSpark

SoundSpark

Baked Potato

• Retired Mods
  • 1,644 posts

Can't you at least have this incompetent group do the chapters they skipped? You can't tell me that skipped chapters aren't a quality control issue.

If they choose to skip chapters that is their choice. We only host the chapters.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

Hey "protester", speak for yourself, you may not like 'em but there's plenty that do. I don't know how long you've been reading scanlated manga, but I personally have in excess of 100 dead titles on my lists...........ones that the scan groups disappeared, quit, just got bored, whatever. I'll probably never see the end of hardly any of those titles.

I'm glad Impatient Scans is not only going to the effort to translate Umi no Misaki but also that they're being kind enough to make them publicly available for me to read. There's not a thing in the world that says Wolfy will ever do another chapter of any of his titles.........if he does, great, I'll read 'em, otherwise, why don't you just not read the Impatient scans and take all your negative jawing and keep it to yourself?

Tn7HA0h.png

Protester

Protester

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

My God, you're really all terrible at your jobs if you seriously think Impatient's behavior isn't a problem.

Why even have a quality control section if you don't/can't actually exercise any, you know, QUALITY CONTROL?

And as for you, smart ass, Svines, you should speak for YOURSELF. I'm speaking for the numerous people who've bombarded the Impatient Scans BlogSpot page with complaints, and demands for those two missing chapters.

If we could scanlate ourselves, we would! But we can't, and we have to depend on you people.

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

hey protester, does it make you feel good bad mouthing other people and their work? I really wanna know just where you come off thinking you've got the first right to go out of your way to act like you're any kind of judge of anything and just pop up making demands of others like it's your due. 

I suppose to read your comments you might be deluded in some way, thinking that fan scanlated works are something other than just that and are in no way put out to make some profit, help somebody build an online library for free..............whatever. 

You don't like it, don't read it. 

Oh yeah, frankly, I honestly CAN NOT BELIEVE you're going to make a statement about how "we have to depend on you  people" in this incredibly negative attack post on Impatient scan. You really must have a screw loose in your head. :)

Tn7HA0h.png