Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Yama The Mad Dog ~Spoiler~

tower of god baam yama mad dog

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
281 replies to this topic

Jorg

Jorg

Fried Potato

• Members
  • 838 posts

Problem with the way you're looking at the Mazino thing is that you seem to not be accounting for how much it would take for Mazino to cut himself shaving. Your talking about a guy that fires lasers, can compress a forest and carry it around, and is ranked 4th in the Tower. To cut such a person is plenty enough ammunition in a Regular's arsenal of bragging points.

Well it's of course open to interpretation, but I still feel it's incredibly vague to use as an argument for how strong Baam is at the moment or how well he would do against rankers.

logicschaos

logicschaos

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts

Well you can get whatever feeling you want, but the bottom line is that Mad Dog wants to kill Baam. And given his upbringing and how he's been targeting FUG regulars for years, he's going to die trying, literally. Baam can't afford to cut around any corners with him, like he usually does most of the times and will be forced to use his more deadlier arsenal of techniques.

Maybe Baam already knows what must be done, but I don't think so. I doubt he's been put in enough situations like this where someone on his level will actually try to kill him. He'll have to put Mad Dog down and I don't think he wants to do that, but it's something he actually needs to do and at the same time get used to it. Especially if he is supposed to fight Zahard, he had better be prepared to kill a lot more. Though, I don't think he will really kill Zahard, he still better be prepared to if he plans on fighting him. 

Has it really ever been stated by MD that he wants to kill Viole? What I'm saying is that its feeling more like all the infamy MD has built up is a false take on the actual character by other characters.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Has it really ever been stated by MD that he wants to kill Viole? What I'm saying is that its feeling more like all the infamy MD has built up is a false take on the actual character by other characters.

mei said that one of them will die, she knows somehow she knows MD 

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Well it's of course open to interpretation, but I still feel it's incredibly vague to use as an argument for how strong Baam is at the moment or how well he would do against rankers.

I just don't get the obsession with power levels anyway. But then I don't really read this series for the fight scenes to begin with. I only care in the sense that Viole needs to be at a certain level if it's to be a believable concept that he can one day topple Zahard. As in, his power level is only relevant so far as it impacts the logical progression of the story. Other than that, meh.

inFamous

inFamous

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 453 posts

Well you can get whatever feeling you want, but the bottom line is that Mad Dog wants to kill Baam. And given his upbringing and how he's been targeting FUG regulars for years, he's going to die trying, literally. Baam can't afford to cut around any corners with him, like he usually does most of the times and will be forced to use his more deadlier arsenal of techniques.

Maybe Baam already knows what must be done, but I don't think so. I doubt he's been put in enough situations like this where someone on his level will actually try to kill him. He'll have to put Mad Dog down and I don't think he wants to do that, but it's something he actually needs to do and at the same time get used to it. Especially if he is supposed to fight Zahard, he had better be prepared to kill a lot more. Though, I don't think he will really kill Zahard, he still better be prepared to if he plans on fighting him. 

This is the kind of place the Tower is. There are different factions everywhere with each of them filled with different kinds of people. The thing is, many factions are not on good terms with each other and the majority of people in them will not hesitate to take another's life. You actually get praised for killing in the Tower and if you look good at it, you get praised even more. Just look at Enryu and Urek. Their fighting styles are called beautiful, but those beautiful fighting styles involve killing crap-loads of people.  

Edited by infamous, 15 July 2013 - 04:10 PM.

logicschaos

logicschaos

Potato

• Members
  • 125 posts

mei said that one of them will die, she knows somehow she knows MD 

Yes but that could be because she thinks Viole as the new slayer candidate would want to fight MD who can't help but kill his opponents due to his over the top strength.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

Yes but that could be because she thinks Viole as the new slayer candidate would want to fight MD who can't help but kill his opponents due to his over the top strength.

or the other way around after she heard the defeat of lessoo 's team she thought the slayer candidate is not easy opponent to kill , instead of saying MD would killed him if he was here , she said one of them would be dead

Edited by salvatore, 15 July 2013 - 04:24 PM.

Ja Wangnan

Ja Wangnan

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 200 posts

You missed the whole point of the chapter/scene then. It's not a big deal that the guy's head exploded. People die left and right anyway. The important thing, which we as readers were supposed to note, is that the head exploded without Vargarv creating a bang. This is what matters, and what differentiates the mad dog of Yama from the other Regulars. This shows incredible Shinsoo manipulation control (or maybe even a hectic ability) and sets up the guy as main opponent of Baam in the arc.

And still, there is no indication whatsoever that Vargarv is stronger than Baam. None at all. However the moment you bring Quality into this silly argument as a means to underrate Baam's abilities, that's when you set sail for fail. Baam is of waaaaay higher quality than any of the Regulars in the tournament.

I missed the whole point? I got the whole point. I just used it as a means to state that MD isn't a push-over. That doesn't mean I was mislead by the point of the chapter. I just used it to reference my own side of this argument.

And I never stated there was implication that Vargarv is stronger than Baam. You can re-read my previous point if you want. I never stated it at all.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood my entire previous post, so I'll clarify what I'm saying:

Vargarv is not a push-over for Baam. Baam is not a push-over for Vargarv. They'll f*ck each other up almost evenly.

As for Quality, Baam has established many Qualities (Shinsoo Strengthening Test 20F, fighting a Ranker, etc.) but these are incomparable to whatever MD has done, because we haven't seen what score he'd get at 20F or if he'd fend against a Ranker. What we do know is what we've seen between the two when it comes to screwing with the Fodder. Viole beats their asses down in seconds. MD pops a head. The latter seems like he's done less effort. That is what I'm saying about Quality.

And again, to clarify for you, I'm not stating that I believe Vargarv is stronger than Baam. I'm just quite disappointed as to so much people thinking Viole will "beat his ass down" even though SIU has made it clear MD isn't gonna lose against Viole without breaking a few limbs.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

And again, to clarify for you, I'm not stating that I believe Vargarv is stronger than Baam. I'm just quite disappointed as to so much people thinking Viole will "beat his ass down" even though SIU has made it clear MD isn't gonna lose against Viole without breaking a few limbs.

You know, I'm just not overly sold on the idea that it's going to be a 1v1 to begin with. Viole has too many friends all over this tournament to just assume that Yama MD is going to absolutely get that duel to the end with him. If it looks like there's a real danger that Viole could die or be maimed, I would damn sure hope someone or five would leap in to help him regardless of whether he would approve of it.

Edited by Lester, 15 July 2013 - 04:53 PM.

salvatore

salvatore

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 6,875 posts
  • LocationEarth

You know, I'm just not overly sold on the idea that it's going to be a 1v1 to begin with. Viole has too many friends all over this tournament to just assume that Yama MD is going to absolutely get that duel to the end with him. If it looks like there's a real danger that Viole could die or be maimed, I would damn sure hope someone or five would leap in to help him regardless of whether he would approve of it.

i think viole will fight him , i am not gonna buy the whole idea that viole fights when his freind is in danger , viole absolutely knows that guy is a bad news and i hope baam fights him with his own will rather than waiting untill mad dog makes him fight him , reflejo clearly told him that guy is in the tournament just to fight you and i expect he answers his call , i know he didn't fight chang before but the exam was on the line i believe he wouldn't risk that but now it is different and this is a tournament , i don't want to see the cliche shounen where the main character fights the bad guy when he hurts his friend , baam knows this is a tournament and should fight as he was ordered to do ,,,,,

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • Location80th Floor

Let me ask this, when has SIU ever made a scenario where it's starts out 1v1?  I can name only one, that Bull and he doesn't count.  The next round will be team oriented and when Viole faces off with Mad Dog, it won't start 1v1.

A true 1v1 is both sides are fighting one on one at their peaked condition.

Goodbye! This was the last straw:

Grace Mirchea Luslec, on 05 Oct 2013 - 21:07, said:snapback.png

Off topic and I want to put this out there. Rachel > Koon

You presence is not wanted in the forums.

Lester

Lester

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 5,452 posts

Let me ask this, when has SIU ever made a scenario where it's starts out 1v1?  I can name only one, that Bull and he doesn't count.  The next round will be team oriented and when Viole faces off with Mad Dog, it won't start 1v1.

Viole vs Love started out as a 1v1. Viole vs Quaetro also, along with a couple other battles (Anak vs Androssi in the position test, Hatsu vs Quant in Hide and Seek to name two). I couldn't guess at how Viole vs Mad Dog will start, or if it ever will start to be honest since I'm not trusting SIU not to bait and switch, since we don't yet know how the events of the team round are going to unfold. I hope it's not Viole jumping in to protect a friend again because that's getting a bit tired, but I imagine it might be since that predatory look on Androssi's face in her one panel last chapter suggests to me that she's going to try to take a bite out of Mad Dog and it's not going to end well for her.

Edited by Lester, 15 July 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Imperator

Imperator

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 3,501 posts
  • LocationIn the battlefield.

Viole did held his own against an extremely nerfed Ranker and did much more than what others Regulars would have done, but he can't fight on equal grounds with a Ranker with no restrains.

Ray Barracuda

Ray Barracuda

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 257 posts

I hope they fight in the tournament where everyone sees them, but I don't think it will happen. I just have a gut feeling that Baam will be dragged into the Emile plot somehow and that will most likely result in Mad Dog following him, because we now know he's not there to win the Tournament, he just wants to fight Baam. 

Shinsoo Beam

Shinsoo Beam

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,146 posts
  • LocationR.D

As for Quality, Baam has established many Qualities (Shinsoo Strengthening Test 20F, fighting a Ranker, etc.) but these are incomparable to whatever MD has done, because we haven't seen what score he'd get at 20F or if he'd fend against a Ranker. What we do know is what we've seen between the two when it comes to screwing with the Fodder. Viole beats their asses down in seconds. MD pops a head. The latter seems like he's done less effort. That is what I'm saying about Quality.

Spoiler

MD can pops a head, thats nice its not like baam spend some time learning a skill that can do the same with the whole body, the thorn is just a distraction, his real killing technique / strongest skill is HwaJeopGongPaSul.

i wont be surprise if what MD did its yama's modified version of that skill that he (try to) teach to the 3 dogs he send out as regulars, u get lower output but can use it on range if it can be done with fast skip why not with this one.

Infinite Dreams

Infinite Dreams

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • LocationCanada

Spoiler

MD can pops a head, thats nice its not like baam spend some time learning a skill that can do the same with the whole body, the thorn is just a distraction, his real killing technique / strongest skill is HwaJeopGongPaSul.

i wont be surprise if what MD did its yama's modified version of that skill that he (try to) teach to the 3 dogs he send out as regulars, u get lower output but can use it on range if it can be done with fast skip why not with this one.

But wouldn't it still have to be contact related or else it has nothing to do with the destruction technique anymore?

sdf000

sdf000

Potato

• Members
  • 163 posts

You can't help or change everyone, I sense that will be a lesson Baam will learn in the hard way.

Wasn't that Ho?

agreton

agreton

Potato

• Members
  • 173 posts

What are you guys talking about? Baam lost to Love XD. He only "won" cause Wangnan came in and stole the connector. Love was just in shock by Baam's talent so he held back. Re-read the chapter and watch at the end how effortlessly Love just goes "alright that's enough" *stops Baam* *takes remote* gg. Until that point Love was conflicted and was holding back. He was originally planning to try to convince Baam to accept his teammates and spare him and if that failed kill him, but then he fell in love with Baam's talent and decided to spare him. 

Don't get me wrong I like Baam too but he really didn't beat Love. Also logicschaos no Love really was holding back if he really wanted to stop Viole from hitting him or just end the fight he would have just froze Baam like he did in the end.

I'm sorry, but Baam did not lose to Love, yes, the fight between them wasn't what it could have been. However, Baam had more than one way to win that game and pass the test to the next floor. Even by orders of FUG, drop everyone, pass by yourself or make a team and pass the test. Even when Love was talking to Gusgus, they both accepted that Love lost against Viole.

Spoiler

fistsofrage

fistsofrage

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,596 posts

What are you guys talking about? Baam lost to Love XD. He only "won" cause Wangnan came in and stole the connector. Love was just in shock by Baam's talent so he held back. Re-read the chapter and watch at the end how effortlessly Love just goes "alright that's enough" *stops Baam* *takes remote* gg. Until that point Love was conflicted and was holding back. He was originally planning to try to convince Baam to accept his teammates and spare him and if that failed kill him, but then he fell in love with Baam's talent and decided to spare him. 

Don't get me wrong I like Baam too but he really didn't beat Love. Also logicschaos no Love really was holding back if he really wanted to stop Viole from hitting him or just end the fight he would have just froze Baam like he did in the end.

I know this was a post from a long time ago but I wanted to clarify something if it hadn't already been mentioned. Rankers like Love and Quant have to touch people in order to freeze them. What Viole/Baam does by freezing people without touching them is considered amazing, and an awesome display of shinsoo control. Just wanted to point that out. If you look back at when Love froze Viole, it's an awesomely powerful freezing, but the fact that the touch was necessary makes Love a normal person :(

JackApostrophe

JackApostrophe

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 315 posts

Oh come on, Love's score on the punching machine was a hundred times that of Baam. No one in their right mind should think that Baam can really beat a Ranker in a match that doesn't come with heavy restrictions. Baam is just capable of surprising people who think they can win even under restrictions. Like in the Floor of Test when Quant pretended to teach him Fast Skip to ease his mind, not realising that Baam would actually learn it and then be able to turn it against him.