Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Part 1 Discussion

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

I thought this would be good for the people (like me) who are just coming into this series and want a place to discuss events before catching up completely :D

This discussion will be about chapter 1-81~

So is anybody else severely disappointed by the lack of the MC's role? If you read the extra chapters, they said that Lark will have a bigger role starting from Part 2 onward, but it's still makes me a little miffed that he is completely in the dark with most of things happening at this point.

Heck, Angela has (I think) shared more things with the purple-haired girl who's name escapes me right now than with Lark! Just because he's human shouldn't be an excuse when it comes to Angela :/

Maybe I started this thread just to complain about how worthless the MC is in this...

It makes it a LOT less fun/interesting to read. Being weak is one thing; being weak AND not even knowing 20% of your own story is something entirely different (-.-')

Nevertheless, I made it this far so I may as well continue until I catch up. Maybe our hero will finally learn something about... well, anything.

(reading it over, I sound probably more mad than I am, but too lazy to change it~~)

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

svines85

svines85

Sweet Potato

• Contributor
  • 14,063 posts
  • Locationunderground like a wild potato

nah, not really (the mad part I mean :) ) Heck, seems like Lark's less prominent role was even a joke that was used a number of times in the story and extra chapters and such. 

I suppose it never really bothered me that much,  I viewed it more as a temporary,  unavoidable "side-effect" of the author's attempt to build a much larger, more far-reaching story.  In other words........my interpretation........ there was necessarily a LOT of build-up and background type content to get to where the author wanted to be story-wise that Lark just couldn't be a part of until a certain point had been reached. 

But we'll see............ and yeah, the story has (dramatically) changed gears ever since it came back from hiatus.

Tn7HA0h.png