Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Chrome Login Problem

11 replies to this topic

Relia

Relia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCaribbean

Hello, I've been looking through these post and since noone seems to have this issue, I think I have a browser problem but I don't know how to fix it. 

I use chrome and on a normal page when I click sign in nothing happens or if the page is still loading I am redirected to the sign in page. The problem comes when I enter the username and password and click sign in I get this 'No sign in name entered' message. 

When I sign in using an incognito page it works, I even signed in on IE, I've tried deleting cookies, updating the browser and all that stuff.

Can anyone give me an idea as to why this is happening and help me fix it, please? 

6zrm1s.jpg

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts
What do you mean by "normal page" and "incognito page"?

And have you tried to disable all addons that you might be using?

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

OMGWTFBBQPONIES

Equine non grata

• Members
  • 3,853 posts
  • LocationSan Escobar

Isn't chrome's incognito mode just for telling the browser not to store cookies and browsing history? Google says that in few cases when this happened clearing cache/cookies was enough (in few others people just changed browsers).

Have you tried logging in on a fresh install? Or maybe you recall making any changes in browser configuration since the last time you logged in normally?

Mod-in-Disguise

FlQCNQa.gif

You <3

Whoever decided to delete this was an idiot.

| Handwritten kanji recognition || KanjiTomo || Kanji converter || J<->E Dictionary |

Relia

Relia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCaribbean

A normal page - as any window or tab. Chrome's Incognito window is InPrivate Browsing on other browers, the mood that deletes the browsing history and cookies when you close the window

So basically if I click the chrome logo and the window opens I can't just go straight in an sign in

I don't really have many add-ons, just a few game apps like plants vs zombie and cut the rope. 

@

Im not tech savvy so I dont change configurations. That's why I was confused when It just stopped working

Edited by Relia, 25 June 2013 - 05:26 PM.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

All I have to say is: Firefox.

But really, this seems like something wrong with a chrome extension. The fact that it works in Incognito mode (where all extensions are disabled by default) only strengthens this theory.

Why don't you try giving a list of extensions (not "websites" or "packaged apps")

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Guest_Firefly._von_Kartoffel

Guest_Firefly._von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

I use chrome and dont have this problem. have you tried removing all your extensions?

Maybe try re-installing chrome or updating it if you havent.

you can do a fresh install,and then trouble shoot if its any of the extensions by installing them one by one and checking to see if the problem occurs again.

Edited by Firefly., 26 June 2013 - 02:57 AM.

Relia

Relia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCaribbean

Thanks, I'll try your suggestions and if all fails.. Firefox

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Thanks, I'll try your suggestions and if all fails.. Firefox

Just make sure that if you are actually going to do a new install that you remove all settings etc when uninstalling as well.

Daktyl

Daktyl

Discord King

• Contrib Mods
  • 825 posts
  • LocationMI, USA

Just make sure that if you are actually going to do a new install that you remove all settings etc when uninstalling as well.

Even if he does, once he logs into Chrome all of his current settings will be synced :P

My words are my own, and do not represent Batoto in any way, shape, or form unless otherwise stated in the post itself ^.^

Relia

Relia

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCaribbean

FIXED

Sooooo..... I deleted cookies, cache and form data, removed a few extensions my sister added (instagram, some organiser, a few games, and some skype call thing that was installed by a 'third party') and voila.. I can sign in again

btw I probably wouldn't have uninstalled, too much effort, and only this site was affected. 

But, yeah, big thanks for taking the time to help me out. Trying not to be the typical helpless girl I troubleshoot as much as possible but this was just so strange it stumped me. 

mhh

mhh

Babo Kim

• Administrators
  • 3,754 posts

Even if he does, once he logs into Chrome all of his current settings will be synced :P

I didn't really mean the settings themselves but the files for them just to make sure nothing corrupted stays around.

FIXED
Sooooo..... I deleted cookies, cache and form data, removed a few extensions my sister added (instagram, some organiser, a few games, and some skype call thing that was installed by a 'third party') and voila.. I can sign in again

btw I probably wouldn't have uninstalled, too much effort, and only this site was affected. 

But, yeah, big thanks for taking the time to help me out. Trying not to be the typical helpless girl I troubleshoot as much as possible but this was just so strange it stumped me.

We are here to help and having part in solving a problem is nice in itself. :)

Alvaro Osorio Sanchez

Alvaro Osorio Sanchez

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationColombia

i was having the same issue, is more likely produced for the addons that block publicity, just deactivate then and logging. that worked for me

Reply to this topic