Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Okayodo Health Condition

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Twilight

Twilight

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 1 posts

For anyone who hasn't heard the news yet Okayado fallen ill and this is the statement he left on twitter.

I'm alive, everyone! But they think that the chest pain I've been having all this time could be intercostal neuralgia.

http://www.localhealth.com/article/intercostal-neuralgia

My headaches and chest pain may be being caused by the medicine I'm taking right now...my poor body!

Anyways, I've gotta meet with my editor, see if I can't lessen my workload a bit. I'll try! I don't intend on dying just yet!

For now, it looks like my work for Age is going to take a hit. I apologize to everyone who was looking forward to that piece, but please excuse the wait until my health improves...

Good Luck Okayado, And Godspeed

Portalboy

Portalboy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnder Your Refrigerator

Damn right.  Okayado should focus on getting better first!  Much as I love his work, we can't enjoy more of it if he's dead!  Get better soon!

Helz

Helz

Potato

• Members
  • 196 posts

I agree, though enjoy every single bit of this manga, health of the author comes first. I dont want to see that excellent serie dies in the middle of its production due authors lack of care with his own health. Same goes with Tower of God... Since author has problems with his wrist or any particular part of his body, then treat that first and continue afterwards. IF manga is popular enough, it should just increase the popularity amongst fans when serie is due to return... and above that, fuck the sales as long as person survives if his/her illness more than little threathening to his own life.

Edited by Helz, 16 June 2013 - 06:51 AM.

Firehorse32

Firehorse32

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 71 posts

Glad to hear that it is not as bad as earlier reports were saying. Still sucks that his work is suffering, but better a live Okayado who produces slowly than a dead Okayado who doesn't produce at all.

"Our past shapes us, our choices define us, our desires propel us, and those we let into our hearts give us the strength to persevere even when our dreams lay shattered behind us." - me

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel

Guest_MidoriKitzune_von_Kartoffel
  • Guests

Are new infos up about his wellbeing?

Martypants

Martypants

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationIn someone's spud basket, like a store-bought potato

Recovering well is all i heard lately if your still interested in hearing it MidoriKitzune

Portalboy

Portalboy

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationUnder Your Refrigerator

Good news!  Let's hope it stays that way. :)

yariel

yariel

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 232 posts

is there anyone knows any recent news for Mangaka health ?

I kinda worried since I heard few bad rumors about his health ...