Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Prediction

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

MangaMaster

MangaMaster

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

I predict that the transfer student is really the little boy who in the beginning saw the Dice fall out of the sky.

raisane

raisane

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 65 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

wow this prediction, there is a chance 1 in 10000 that someone would NOT know this

Kail

Kail

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 14 posts

you-dont-say.jpeg

adatari

adatari

Potato Spud

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationThe Tower - 42F

Manga(s) like these have the craziest twists. Liking the art. Wish it was longer.

Toullaty

Toullaty

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 493 posts
  • LocationArras, France

Usually, in this kind of story, the player fall into a scam with missions more and more difficult that he can not refuse without consequences and in the end, he has dices which "decrease his level".

But I don't believe, the story would be too common.

Harbinger

Harbinger

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 75 posts

Here's a simple and accurate prediction:

Taebin is Dongtae's archenemy, his nemesis.

Whenever Dongtae makes one step forward, Taebin makes two.

In other words:

Taebin is superior to him in every aspect as he has been a "dicer" significantly longer than Dongtae and has also better BALANCED "skills" than Dongtae because he completed more "quests"

If you play MP games you'll easily understand what I mean:

In a MP game a level 1 player has very little chance against a skilled player who played the same game for much longer and also: A skilled higher- level player collects XP at a much faster rate than a level 1 player (that's why it is quite hard to level up in fps games when you start off months after the game's release)

My concusion:

Taebin's gonna hold on to his superiority for quite a while (he's also smarter, a lot smarter than Dontae, remember), but eventually he'll kinda get full of himself and accidentally mess up and turn Dongtae's crush against him (for example by her seeing him beating up Dongtae even though he thought she was elsewhere)

And after that, things are gonna go south for Taebin and Dongtae will be happy and together with his girlfiend ;)

UNLESS the author suddenly does a plot twist and adds some conspiracy where Dongtae and Taebin have to team up and face a common enemy

Why do I know this?

Spoiler

Looking for translated light novels?

Baka - Tsuki

There are MANY translated light novels, including Highschool DxD, Toaru Majutsu no index, Infinite Stratos, Seirei tsukai no kenbu AND Date a live (the Manga adaption of which got cancelled after chapter 6)

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!
Harbinger: It's not a bad prediction, but really, I think that it's too early to make any predictions -- we don't know the whole plot yet. Right now, there doesn't seem to be any risk to being a dicer beyond failing to get dice. And so far all the quests we've seen have been incredibly easy, too. (Taebin had a slightly harder one in seducing Eunju, but really, for someone with his stats it was trivial.) Dongtae forgot to ask the obvious question, which is what happens if you repeatedly fail quests (though it was implied that you can just give up on them -- can you repeatedly give up on quests and get new ones?)

Either way, I think we need to wait until the other shoe falls before we can predict the direction the plot will go in.

(Also, Taebin isn't that far ahead. X said he became a dicer shortly before he transferred to the school, so he's actually only a few days ahead of Dongtae, or a week or so at most. And it's likely that Dongtae has caught up a bit over the summer break, since Taebin was likely focused on his one quest of seducing Eunju. Also, the rewards that Dongtae is being offered for seducing this new girl seem freakishly high compared to what we've seen before -- though he might refuse to do it.)

Another curious thing I just noticed: X seems to assign quests based on how you allocated your dice. That is, seducing a girl is the one thing Dongtae actually did build his stats towards.

Also, a prediction that is probably worth no points since it's so obvious: The ugly girl Dongtae bumped into in this chapter is going to turn out to be important. After all, she wouldn't have been shown otherwise. Perhaps she'll become a dicer, too, since she was deliberately drawn so ugly.

Edited by Giantess, 06 July 2013 - 11:51 PM.

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Grace Mirchea Luslec

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,370 posts
  • Location80th Floor

(Also, Taebin isn't that far ahead. X said he became a dicer shortly before he transferred to the school, so he's actually only a few days ahead of Dongtae, or a week or so at most. And it's likely that Dongtae has caught up a bit over the summer break, since Taebin was likely focused on his one quest of seducing Eunju. Also, the rewards that Dongtae is being offered for seducing this new girl seem freakishly high compared to what we've seen before -- though he might refuse to do it.)

Another curious thing I just noticed: X seems to assign quests based on how you allocated your dice. That is, seducing a girl is the one thing Dongtae actually did build his stats towards.

Also, a prediction that is probably worth no points since it's so obvious: The ugly girl Dongtae bumped into in this chapter is going to turn out to be important. After all, she wouldn't have been shown otherwise. Perhaps she'll become a dicer, too, since she was deliberately drawn so ugly.

They made their prediction early before the story developed more.  It's not fair to take new information and debate against old predictions made.

Predictions.

1.)  Taebin will continue going out with Eunju just to piss Dong Tae off.

2.)  The girl Dong Tae bumped into will become a dicer.  Also being the real heroine, who in time will become Dong Tae's love interest.

3.)  Dong Tae will use his dice points for intelligence and expose Taebin to Eunju, thus Eunju dumping him.

4.)  Eunju will have a change of heart and develop feelings for Dong Tae.

5.)  Dong Tae will go through the cliche romance path of trying to chose which girl he truly wants and eventually go with The girl he bumped into.

6.)  During the time of the romance path, Taebin will try to ruin Dong Tae.

All bets are off if there's a lose scenario for the dicers, forcing them back to 0 stats and exempting them from ever rolling the dice again.

Edited by Grace Mirchea Luslec, 07 July 2013 - 09:33 AM.

Goodbye! This was the last straw:

Grace Mirchea Luslec, on 05 Oct 2013 - 21:07, said:snapback.png

Off topic and I want to put this out there. Rachel > Koon

You presence is not wanted in the forums.

Giantess

Giantess

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 417 posts
  • LocationOn top!

Actually, after rereading the first chapter, I have a different theory:

Chapter 0 isn't about Dongtae's past life, it's about X before he became X.  Chapter 1 switches to a different character.  Chapter 0 shows the dice falling from the sky; X took them and decided to run his game with them in order to change the world, at least for a few people.

lamorach

lamorach

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 5 posts

Actually, after rereading the first chapter, I have a different theory:

Chapter 0 isn't about Dongtae's past life, it's about X before he became X.  Chapter 1 switches to a different character.  Chapter 0 shows the dice falling from the sky; X took them and decided to run his game with them in order to change the world, at least for a few people.

If that was the case wouldn't it make him like Loki, just causing mischief?  In that scenario he'd be the hero of the story, but so far all I've seou en from X is that he cares about amusement.  I mean looking at those quests in the last chapter a lot seemed like simple pranks.  There were a couple though that will probably set a chain to get more dicers, like the answer page.

Also, the clothes he stole.  Is that from the same girl as chapter 8 or someone else?
Please Note:  I'm not saying that first guy couldn't be X.  I'm just saying, I think that he'd do it more to just see what would happen, then to help them.

red wolverine

red wolverine

Fingerling Potato

• Members
  • 57 posts

I dunno about the kid from the prologue being X but im pretty sure its not Taebin, since after all he was supposedly very ugly before becoming a dicer and that kid is pretty normal looking.

Arky

Arky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Well, the thing is, being able to easily improve yourself must have comebacks. Perhaps there is a limited amount of Dice, which might be why Taebin was angered when main char gave that guy a dice. Maybe there is no limit and that's the problem. After a certain point, you become too perfect. You are regarded highly without any real relations being formed except for the constant envy of everyone.

EunJi ♥

EunJi ♥

Potato Spud

• Contributor
  • 45 posts
  • LocationNew York

imo, my predictions are:

1. X is actually the bad guy, manipulating our protagonist and antagonist for some ulterior motive.

2. X is Taebin.

Posted Image

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Or, X is the boy from the beginning, that boy did get a ton of dice, enough to give them around.  Didn't X say that Taebin had just been using the dice for a short time, just before he transfered in. So I don't think its very likely at all for Taebin to be X or the boy from the beginning. If either, it would have to be both, but I don't think so.

Edited by truepurple, 13 August 2013 - 07:58 PM.

Arky

Arky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Holy shit. That was fucking amazing. Chapter 16, jesus christ. What will you guys think happens next?

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

Eh, not so amazing. 

I predict X isn't the same person as the first boy, the first person who had these dice. X said he's a GM, any Pen and Paper game like D&D has multiple GMs.  So maybe there is someone behind X, and other people like X. Maybe the MC got his quest to save the other boy from one of the other GM who didn't want him to die, which is why the phone was acting so glitchy. Maybe that was the secret he found out, that there are many people like X.

Which means that person will try to contact him again, recruit him again to fight against the chaos X is apparently trying to cause.

Edited by truepurple, 10 September 2013 - 10:57 AM.

Arky

Arky

Potato Sprout

• Members
  • 3 posts

Eh, not so amazing. 

I predict X isn't the same person as the first boy, the first person who had these dice. X said he's a GM, any Pen and Paper game like D&D has multiple GMs.  So maybe there is someone behind X, and other people like X. Maybe the MC got his quest to save the other boy from one of the other GM who didn't want him to die, which is why the phone was acting so glitchy. Maybe that was the secret he found out, that there are many people like X.

Which means that person will try to contact him again, recruit him again to fight against the chaos X is apparently trying to cause.

Interesting theory. Perhaps they only know of X so far because the Dicers are managed by GMs according to their region? If so, it might be from a neighboring one.

truepurple

truepurple

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,461 posts

We also know that these GM can predict possible outcomes of the future, but free will still decides what path is taken. Thus the GM are manipulators of free will. Perhaps they are angels/devils under a god like being.(or several different god like, satan like, beings) Though that sort of leaves out a explanation for the star wishing boy in the beginning.

Edited by truepurple, 12 September 2013 - 01:01 AM.