Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Photo

Vritra Clan Nastika and Half personalities

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Akasha

Akasha

Baked Potato

• Members
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationGermany

So ... I´m quite curious about the personality facetts as well as the behavior of Vritra Clan Nastika and Halfs ... up until now, we got four samples (Kasak, Taksaka, Utpala and Vritra himself), some of which got more story apperances than others.

And how far does their indifference goes at least and how far does it go at worst? And how does it actually show itself in each of those individuals we saw up until now in some way or another?

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationPhysically? Kansas Mentally? Too many places to recall at the moment.

Taksaka is messed up. I mean, his personality attached to his name was screwed up in the beginning of the Universe, and Shiva, the fixer of such mistakes, couldn't fix it/didn't get to him in time. This causes him to have rages quite unlike any other in his clan (except for Vritra himself), along with being less attached to things than other dragons. Kasak inherited this "messed up" trait from his father, and it causes him to be cruel/mean/unkind/whatever. The earrings Visnu gave them change their personality, more like what it would be if Taksaka and Kasak's personalities weren't messed up and without the deadening of personality (I think this somehow got passed down to their half children, too).

For Taksaka, he helped Utpala commit suicide (basically) and didn't give a damn; when he put on the earrings, he wept like a child. Same thing happened to Kasak during the Cataclysm when he killed his wife Meiwen and tried killing his daughter Agwen: without the earrings he couldn't feel anything, with them in he cried and felt terrible. Agwen felt betrayed and she now distrusts her father when he's not wearing his earrings, partly because she's more "human" in the feelings sense. Anyway, I think this extreme is isolated to those two, though, since Currygom said that most dragon halfs turned out fine and/or weren't "particularly evil."

Utpala, even with his/her feelings deadened, still felt too much pain. She lost Taksaka and no matter what she did she couldn't get him back, and she most likely lost other friends due to this as well. She became attached to humans, and decided to protect her child's village (she had a half child). However, she was unable to protect it from Vritra and only Ian Rajof survived. She ended up giving up her life in order to protect both her last decendent (Ian) and her original love (Taksaka) so that the repercussions of Vritra's act wouldn't become known. :( She even controlled her transcendental that hit Mistyshore so that it would cause very little damage... Sorry if I confused you, when I think of Utpala I think of her beautiful blue female form more than her black and red male form.  :unsure:

Poor Vritra has had insomnia. This is habitual sleeplessness aka lack of sleep aka you can't sleep at all when you want and need to, and it's been known to drive people just about insane and/or batshit insane. <_< It may make him less stable than usual for a Nastika King (This is why he attacked the Three Beauties - Shuri, Menaka, and Airavata - when they came to ask him who was prettiest. He'd had a bad bought of insomnia right then, if I remember right.). Vritra's also known to be a bit clumsy (i.e. him dropping his speech in the finite). Perhaps him attacking Ian Rajof's village (so said by Utpala) may be due to the fact that Vritra Nastika become reclusive and unwilling to fight once their mate dies and this would make him lose his chances to fight/spar with Taksaka. His indifference is not known at this time, but he likes to be belligerent towards Taksaka (as evidenced above). We also don't know if he still has insomnia, if it comes or goes, or if it was a one-time deal.

Another thing to remember: Even before Visnu asked Brahma to nearly wipe out their emotions, the Vritra clan was the clan that felt the least emotions out of all the Sura clans. This made it easier for Brahma to wipe out their emotions and blah blah blah. <_< There's also very few Vritra Nastika left in the Universe since near the beginning of the Universe there were only about twenty or so left from who knows how many. :o At least one dragon has died since then (Utpala) and I wouldn't be surprised if we found out a couple others have died as well.

I got all my info from the webtoon and the finite, with a couple things from translated blog posts. Once school is out tomorrow (Hell yeah! :D) I can find time to link specific sources if you want. If I missed anything just add it in or whatever, I've still homework and studying to do for tomorrow (it's a half day but I still have homework due and tests <_<).

Edit #2: Okay, after looking up some things and seeing some of Mizura's corrections, I changed some of what's in here. Thanks to school I'm having insomnia myself <_< but tomorrow's the last day. Hopefully I can be more accurate with my posts again after that. ^^

Edited by Kaiein, 30 May 2013 - 06:01 AM.

Mizura

Mizura

Couch Potato

• Members
  • 4,851 posts

^ Nice! Just a few things:

• Nastika don't regenerate vigor from sleep, they regenerate on their own, though it's faster if they're in the right environment. Eating and sleeping doesn't do anything for their vigor.
  • Currygom didn't say that most Dragon Halfs turned out fine and had great temperaments. She said that they're not known to be particularly evil.
  • We don't know what caused Vritra's insomnia, or if it was something fleeting or permanent. The only time the insomnia got mentioned is when Tak said Shuri, Urvasi and Airavata went looking for him. What we do know is that the only sentiments he has left for Taksaka is belligerence, in the sense he loves to fight him.
  • We don't know how many Vritra are left. They're considered an endangered species, but we don't know how many Nastika there are in other clans so... Apparently back when they had their emotions removed, there were at least enough of them so that if they felt like reproducing fast enough, they could gain supremacy as a race (but with their emotions gone, they didn't feel like it :\ ).
  • In the finite, Shess claimed Airavata claimed that Taksaka was the second worst among Vritra at emotional control (the worst probably being Utpala). Just saying.

3492bk6.jpg

Kubera stuff: Character charts , Races and Cities , The finite (official side novel) ,
Official English Webtoons: https://www.webtoons.com

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

Hm, when I translated (I admit I wasn't great at it when I still could do it on my computer) the part about Dargon half temperaments it said  something about "great acts" and "being nice." Same thing goes for the sleeping part. That may be because I used an older version of Google Translate then, too. <_< That was long before I joined on here (I lurked for about six months on the forums before actually joining).

Of course, Utpala may have been the original one with the worst temper, but I thought it had gotten better since he/she had had a child. :huh: But I think that sometimes Nastika, Rakshasa, etc. don't see one another for thousands of years, so who knows?

Now that I'm thinking more, I remember that sleeping was a hobby, not a necessity. Okay, time to change previous post!

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

I love to read things like these. I wonder how many Vritra are left. 100 to 300? Or less. Thought the deal for losing their emotions for so they could reproduce with human females to save their race, but since every Vritra stopped caring about fights, I don't think many Vritra have died from that moment on since they're all too lazy to do anything else. Man, if the dragons from those typical fairy tales were like that, then the prince wouldn't have any trouble to save his princess. XD

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

Euodiachloris

Euodiachloris

Mashed Potato

• Members
  • 7,336 posts
  • LocationUK

I love to read things like these. I wonder how many Vritra are left. 100 to 300? Or less. Thought the deal for losing their emotions for so they could reproduce with human females to save their race, but since every Vritra stopped caring about fights, I don't think many Vritra have died from that moment on since they're all too lazy to do anything else. Man, if the dragons from those typical fairy tales were like that, then the prince wouldn't have any trouble to save his princess. XD

Including Halfs across the universe, I'm thinking the Clan is probably closer to 100 "strong" right now than it is even to 300. :P Probably even less. <_< If you bother to count Quarters (and, sura don't), they'd probably have more.  Even a fair few Quarters that are quite close to being Halfs. <shrugs>

Seriously: if any of them sat down and decided to approach their problem empirically with a well charted breeding program, strong-armed what Half-help they could get into to deal and concentrated on finding Quarters to shore up to Half-level with the occasional back-cross and everything, they'd not have a problem (granted, the ethics are terrible: go-go Gadget Lack of Compunction, though). <_< Pity they're even less sociable than cats, thanks to Brahma, though. -_-

Edited by Euodiachloris, 30 May 2013 - 11:00 PM.

PlotCap.png

~:Euo will do instead of my whole handle:~

Scanlation-author collaboration not possible?  Nope: it's doable... try Trace and vote with your feet to try to get more like this.

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

Including Halfs across the universe, I'm thinking the Clan is probably closer to 100 "strong" right now than it is even to 300. :P Probably even less. <_< If you bother to count Quarters (and, sura don't), they'd probably have more.  Even a fair few Quarters that are quite close to being Halfs. <shrugs>

Seriously: if any of them sat down and decided to approach their problem empirically with a well charted breeding program, strong-armed what Half-help they could get into to deal and concentrated on finding Quarters to shore up to Half-level with the occasional back-cross and everything, they'd not have a problem (granted, the ethics are terrible: go-go Gadget Lack of Compunction, though). <_< Pity they're even less sociable than cats, thanks to Brahma, though. -_-

I'm now imagining Taksaka in housecat form... Grumpycat, anyone? ^^

Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower

Fried Potato

• Contributor
  • 731 posts

XD I am imagining those Vritra as computer geeks, who only socialize through the internet.  :lol:

Posted Image

Now a story before falling asleep

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3707972/

Kaiein

Kaiein

Russet Potato

• Members
  • 464 posts

Utpala is a rageface picketer of the United States White House who leads the huge riots...

Vritra himself is the computer addict of his clan...

And Kasak is a simpleminded kid who, when he gets angry or out of control, forgets who's around him and goes around destroying and killing things...

...I just had a depressing thought. I'm posting this thought in the General Discussions, though, since I'm branching off from just the Vritra Clan.

Edited by Kaiein, 03 June 2013 - 07:23 AM.